Page 7 of 99 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141757 ... LastLast

Thread: January transfer window/End of summer

If Shaq goes, then we'll need a like for like attacking type player. Or maybe Harvey Elliot is now good enough .
    No point buying these young exciting players If we never play them.
    We'll have the league rapped up by Easter !!

Quote Originally Posted by ianlfc View Post
    If Shaq goes, then we'll need a like for like attacking type player. Or maybe Harvey Elliot is now good enough
    Elliott will get Shaq's minutes, which is perfectly fine. It's not like Shaq was the first port of call if one of the front three wasn't firing - that's Jota these days - who could well usurp Firmino.

Now, if Elliott was the first player off the bench in his current guise (as in, we didn't have Jota etc on the books) then yes, I'd understand people hitting the panic button. But we are a far cry from an injury to Torres reducing us to N'gog.

Keen to see Minamino with an actual pre-season under him as well. As much as the "selfish" side of me could be tempted by the prospect of getting another attacker in, I don't want to throw too many hurdles in the way of the lads already on our books, especially having seen the work ethic and togetherness of the pre-season training camp vids and listened to Klopp's comments when addressing Pearce in that last presser.

See how it pans out.

Liverpool remain interested in signing Wolves' Spain winger Adama Traore, 25, before the transfer window closes. (90min)

That will add to the goals.. anyway seems to me we won't sell Origi because the club is asking to much for him.. Shaqiri may well go. I like Elliot but its a bit much to expect him to take ona senior role for 2/3 months if one of the forwards gets inured for a long period.
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

I miss the Summer transfer thread. I don't like this one.

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    I like Elliot but its a bit much to expect him to take ona senior role for 2/3 months if one of the forwards gets inured for a long period.
    Whilst terrible luck can and does happen, I think that's a very minor concern. Nobody can read Klopp's mind, but assuming Klopp sees it as Firmino/Mane/Salah for now, then you're talking a 2-3 month injury to one of them probably puts Jota in.

If we're unlucky enough that Jota is injured at the same time as the missing member of the front three, we probably put Ox in. If we're unlucky enough that Jota and Ox are simultaneously injured at the same time as the missing member of the front three, then we probably put Minamino in. If Origi doesn't get shifted AND Jota is injured at the same time as the missing member of the front three, with Ox and Minamino being out, then Origi probably goes in.

If Origi does depart however, then yes, there's a chance that if a member of the front three is injured and we are simultaneously without Jota and Ox and Minamino, Elliott may have to step up for a few months. In which case we have to trust that if you're old enough you're good enough and remember that it's a team game, with the defence hopefully keeping things tight while the attack is diminished to ensure that scoring one goal probably draws or wins the game.

I honestly think the chances of Elliott having to play for 2/3 months straight in a forward position is very far down our list of "worries" though. Don't forget that he has been getting minutes as more of a midfielder in pre-season, presumably because he lacks the blistering pace of Salah or Mane.

What happened to Odegard?. Klopp was fluttering his eyelashes at him openly just a couple of months ago, and the lad is a Liverpool fan. He would be great for us.

Quote Originally Posted by faridtoxteth View Post
    What happened to Odegard?. Klopp was fluttering his eyelashes at him openly just a couple of months ago, and the lad is a Liverpool fan. He would be great for us.
    Arsenal allegedly in talks to re-sign him. God knows why he'd want to go there.
    Agree he would be a good signing for us. You'd think a loan deal would be right up FSGs Street too.

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    Liverpool remain interested in signing Wolves' Spain winger Adama Traore, 25, before the transfer window closes. (90min)
    No thanks

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    As Kop On Portugal would say "Fuck for this" the lad's nowhere near good enough for what we need, want or require, just more bs in my opinion, we need to add a top quality CM to replace the top quality CM we let go for free, Hendo, Fabinho and Thiago have all had medium term injuries and those 3 stand very much alone and of a far higher level of quality and ability than all our other midfielders as the 3 fielded today demonstrated comprehensively. None of the others were fit to lace Gini's boots either
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”