Page 10 of 99 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213141516172060 ... LastLast

Thread: January transfer window/End of summer

Joke of the day

"Liverpool are waiting to sign mbappe on a free"

Thought that was Karl Heinz Rummenigge saying Haaland will come to Liverpool when he leaves Dortmund?

By the way Dortmund v Bayern is currently on Sky if anyone’s bored

Bayern will win their is 12 or is it 13th league title in a row this season..
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Tenth according to the commentary.

Didn't Jurgen win two?. When was that?

Ok I was a bit ott. but it seems a lot
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Quote Originally Posted by Kev0909 View Post
    Although with little investment lately, Konate aside we're going to have the oldest team in the league in a few years?
    I think we're happy to give our very best stars contracts that will see them stay here for a while...

- Alisson
    - Van Dijk
    - Fabinho
    - Henderson
    - Salah
    - Mane

...but outside of that main group it will be a combo of seeing how the "younger" (than that age group) players do - Keita, Jota, Robertson - complimented by the genuinely younger lads - Gomez, Jones, Trent, Kelleher - and then this will be supplemented by ones coming through - hopefully some of Elliott, Gordon, Musialowski, Clarke - and then of course incoming transfers, which we can't neglect.

With a player like Henderson I think (not yet by any means) we will see him weaned into the "Milner" role, Salah looks like he'll be in good shape for years, as does Mane (remember Ronaldo is 36 and Messi is 34) and then other positions like that of Alisson, Fabinho and Van Dijk you can play to a high level in for a long enough spell.

I do see us having a "mature" core/spine for a couple of years the way Real Madrid and Barcelona have done to try to keep the chemistry that is often so crucial to success, but I honestly don't foresee major problems in terms of keeping players on for far too long etc. A "price" of this will be sometimes allowing players to leave on a free rather than getting to recoup some cash for transfers, but (bigger picture) I think we should be able to manage rightly, without risking ending up with a tired/worn out/stale squad.

That Danjuma fella from Bournemouth is off to Villareal for £20 million after being linked with us last week

Quote Originally Posted by reddownunder View Post
    That Danjuma fella from Bournemouth is off to Villareal for £20 million after being linked with us last week
    FFS Parry