Page 3 of 99 FirstFirst 123456789101353 ... LastLast

Thread: January transfer window/End of summer

Agree with Steveo. I guess I'm more on the pessimistic side too, I just don't see all the dots joining up to make things rosy again.
    Like Steveo says, there's a lot of what ifs and not all of them will happen the same as not every one of our players will regain their previous form.
    We won the title with pretty much all the regular starters being on fire for the full season prior to the pandemic stoppage.

Virgil added to the list of extensions. Love it

Think people are just happy to see football “properly” back again they’re blinded by the lack of investment. Huyrob , Sid and Taksins optimism is welcome, but there is a genuine fear that we’re falling behind others.

Do you genuinely believe Klopp is happy with no signings? Think he’s restricted with what he can say. The overall concern is, he wants players, he can’t get them, we fail to compete, he walks. Wasn’t that one of the reasons he left BVB? Alongside constantly losing his strongest players?

Pundits are right to rule us out. Maybe that takes the pressure off. We’ve totally fucked off domestic cups and I’d like us to have enough squad depth to be able to compete on all fronts.

Some feel standing still is better than taking a step back, fair enough, but the long run? We’ll be falling way behind.

Knowing us and FSG, we get out signings sorted out quickly, but also behind closed doors. The nearer it gets to the transfer window closing, the more negative way of thinking creeps in, and that’s not a bad thing at all.

I know and we all know a ball hasn’t been kicked yet and “we’re all supposedly doom mongers” but realistically, I genuinely don’t think anyone would be happy with just one signing to boost the squad.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDOC1979 View Post
    Think people are just happy to see football “properly” back again they’re blinded by the lack of investment. Huyrob , Sid and Taksins optimism is welcome, but there is a genuine fear that we’re falling behind others.

Do you genuinely believe Klopp is happy with no signings? Think he’s restricted with what he can say. The overall concern is, he wants players, he can’t get them, we fail to compete, he walks. Wasn’t that one of the reasons he left BVB? Alongside constantly losing his strongest players?

Pundits are right to rule us out. Maybe that takes the pressure off. We’ve totally fucked off domestic cups and I’d like us to have enough squad depth to be able to compete on all fronts.

Some feel standing still is better than taking a step back, fair enough, but the long run? We’ll be falling way behind.

Knowing us and FSG, we get out signings sorted out quickly, but also behind closed doors. The nearer it gets to the transfer window closing, the more negative way of thinking creeps in, and that’s not a bad thing at all.

I know and we all know a ball hasn’t been kicked yet and “we’re all supposedly doom mongers” but realistically, I genuinely don’t think anyone would be happy with just one signing to boost the squad.
    With all these 'key' players being tied down this summer (hopefully mó next). Maybe the club are planning on recruitment next year? Given covid and the financial mess of a few clubs are we holding strong, hoping to consolidate our position in top 4 this season and then go all out next year?

Maybe I'm just another optimistic fool. I do feel we have fallen behind this year and the idea of relying on kieta, ox, matip to stay fit as fanciful.

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    Agree with Steveo. I guess I'm more on the pessimistic side too, I just don't see all the dots joining up to make things rosy again.
    Like Steveo says, there's a lot of what ifs and not all of them will happen the same as not every one of our players will regain their previous form.
    We won the title with pretty much all the regular starters being on fire for the full season prior to the pandemic stoppage.
    Get yourself out off the Steveo darkside, hes a miserable so and so lately. Come on over to the world of Sid, life's for enjoying. No point worrying about things and just enjoy still having our star players. They're not bad y' know !!

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson Dynasty View Post
    This is true,
    However, they DID beat us last season,....and at Anfield, no less.

And I can't say I'm overly confident about us getting our revenge back this season with them having Rafa at the helm there.
    Quote Originally Posted by jr81 View Post
    With all these 'key' players being tied down this summer (hopefully mó next). Maybe the club are planning on recruitment next year? Given covid and the financial mess of a few clubs are we holding strong, hoping to consolidate our position in top 4 this season and then go all out next year?

Maybe I'm just another optimistic fool. I do feel we have fallen behind this year and the idea of relying on kieta, ox, matip to stay fit as fanciful.
    I’m not an optimistic fool …lol. Can’t speak for Sid and Taksin though ��

I’m looking forward to seeing the mighty reds playing great football in a packed stadium this season..

Does that count?

Klopp has come out and said “we can’t spend money we don’t have” so we is skint innit.

Guess that ends the debate…

we have been selling players left right and centre. wheres that money gone? oh yeah for Konata and players contracts and their wages..
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Quote Originally Posted by TheDOC1979 View Post
    Klopp has come out and said “we can’t spend money we don’t have” so we is skint innit.

Guess that ends the debate…
    That is sort of what he was implying.

It was an open answer he gave though we spend what we earn.

It could be looked at if we move Shaqiri / Origi we can fill a space up.

We do have room for an English player but the issue now is going to be price you have to pay.

Doku can still be classed as an U21 so wont fill a foreign slot but im not sure we'll go for him.