Page 13 of 99 FirstFirst ... 3678910111213141516171819202363 ... LastLast

Thread: January transfer window/End of summer

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    Harsh calling me a whole Sid
    Hahaha! The perils of a Smartphone. Had one for 2 years now and still yearn for my wee brick Nokia sometimes, though this is so useful for clients getting in touch and for quick snaps while I see interesting things.

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    The way the schedule falls this year I don't actually think they'll miss many games, though I'd have to double-check, which won't be now whole I'm at work.
    Probably just Brentford and Palace games.

Maybe miss Chelsea if they leave early and Leicester if any of the players get to the Semi / Final
    Last edited by LFC-DPG; 19th August 2021 at 02:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by shminkyred View Post
    11 pages already and nothing to see here...

How many pages to the first transfer?
    700 pages

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    I think you'll see us continue to recruit over the coming seasons, using the same model, unpopular as it may be. For all the discussion of our inability to spend, we have still managed to assemble a wonderful squad.

As for Wijnaldum, without wishing to open a can of worms, I still believe Thiago was the replacement, just bought ahead of time - numerically (I know injuries are an issue for some) Henderson, Thiago, Fabinho, Jones, Ox, Keita, Milner is plenty - plus Elliott seems to be being converted into a mid. It gives us a year to see if we can make one of Ox or Keita work, plus a year to further Jones along as he may well become a first-XI player in 2-3 years and we'll see what happens with Elliott.

I'm pretty encouraged by the youth set-up. They won't all "make it" of course but if the odd one does, it helps massively. I also think we'll start doing more "Dortmund-esque" recruiting, ie calculated gambles earlier in the career of players, rather than waiting that "one more season" to get more info on the player, which then hikes their price up.

I do think we'll manage our transition into the "new" side well enough, though I'd really want Klopp/Lijnders to steer that ship. A lot hinges on the set-up.
    Thiago isn't as industrial/defensive as Gini though.
    In our 433 setup Gini could play 6. Whereas Thiago who can get a foul or tackle in, isnt exactly 6 material defensively.
    Thiago is a bit like Keita imo, he can play in a double pivot whilst not being a 6. But we rarely play with a double pivot, though I'd put our best 11 in a 4231.

In terms of finances, there's only so much we can do to avoid football inflation. We see this in the inevitable wage increases with star players.

Next summer Halaand is rumoured to be available with a 60ish mill bid triggering a release clause. Mbappe at present will be a potential free transfer should he stick to his guns and refuse PSGs offers. Free to discuss terms with a new club in January.
    That's 2 massive transfer targets available for what would be reasonable money. A lot in wages sure, a high sell on value as both are young and already top goalscorers.

Getting both would be a dream, getting one should be realistic.

Liverpool are preparing a new contract offer for Egypt forward Mohamed Salah, 29, which would be the most expensive in the club's history. (Athletic - subscription required)

Just Hendo to go after this one and reports are that progress has been made there too.

Good business by the club, don’t think they did everything they could to keep Gini though. Obvs didn’t think he was worth what his agent was asking for.

Watford have received no approach for Senegal winger Ismaila Sarr, 23, this summer and remain adamant the player - who has been linked with a move to Liverpool - is not for sale. (Watford Observer)

Hands up who thought this one ever had any legs.

Tough to put both hands up when you haven’t got a leg to stand on but I am trying my best.

Quote Originally Posted by CCTV View Post
    700 pages
    Lolol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=688jI3gtJps

This is very interesting and i can see where Insidious is coming from with the list he posts now and then.
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=688jI3gtJps

This is very interesting and i can see where Insidious is coming from with the list he posts now and then.
    That video is like one of Sid’s posts.

Goes on 3 times longer than it needed to. !