Page 18 of 99 FirstFirst ... 81112131415161718192021222324252868 ... LastLast

Thread: January transfer window/End of summer

…..Sid said….
    but whatever Klopp chooses I'll trust, as will 99.9% of Reds. Though I'd personally like him training with the first-team if we can.

Got it in a nutshell .. this forum by and large are made up of 0.1 % of pessimistic miserable bastards…
    With the odd exception of course .Can’t put a smiley as I’m old , at deaths door and don’t understand tech. But as Kev says this site isn’t real anyway so it’s the thought that counts .
    -
    Last edited by huyrob; 22nd August 2021 at 09:33 PM. Reason: Missed quote

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    Still think a genuine quality forward thinking midfielder is what we’re missing.
    Midfield has numbers but still lacks balance and a touch of quality.
    I am in (slight) disagreement.

Midfield I would say needs strengthened as a slight priority over a forward. But (personal opinion, nothing more) I'd be wanting a "Fabinho-lite" rather than a "Coutinho-lite" as it were. Or if there is a "Kante-lite" out there.

In terms of numbers we're fine (Fabinho, Henderson, Thiago, Milner, Keita, Ox, Jones, Elliott) but a quality addition would be welcomed and there is (understandable) apprehension about the injury records of a couple of the afore-mentioned.

If we do spend reasonably "big" on such a player, I foresee it being the next (summer) window rather than now - Milner will almost certainly be gone and one of Ox or Keita possibly too, leaving us with with 6 players for 6 spots, rather than 8-for-6. If someone isn't doing too well (let's say Jones doesn't kick on this season) then that might be a prudent time to make a move.
    Your hobbies are rollerblading and you're also a bit of a rat-hound? Steel Wool
    Sid knows he's crazy and he likes it. Balinkay

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    I'm expecting a midfielder, probably end up disappointed but like you say let's see if it happens.
    I can’t work out what we need most midfielder or forward.

If I could get anyone realistic Bissouma would suit us he only has two years on his contract too issue is Brighton bagged £50m off Arsenal so are not desperate.

Quote Originally Posted by LEGS View Post

If I could get anyone realistic Bissouma would suit us he only has two years on his contract too issue is Brighton bagged £50m off Arsenal so are t desperate.
    If Origi goes the yes a forward is needed. (Hope he does for his sake too).

Shaq going is a great bit of business although any pre covid season he’d have been a £15m - £20m signing.

Quote Originally Posted by LEGS View Post

If I could get anyone realistic Bissouma would suit us he only has two years on his contract too issue is Brighton bagged £50m off Arsenal so are not desperate.
    Midfield 100%. Wijnaldum needs to be replaced.
    I think most of us were in agreement after last season that a CB, mid and forward were needed. No way we were getting all 3 though. I think we are OK up front with the 4 tops.
    Bissouma probably put another 10m on his price yesterday too. It's a no go for him now.

Sid, the first four names you mention have all played 6, a Kante light isn’t getting a start, I’m looking for a midfield starter. Keita was brought in for the roll I am talking about but has failed miserably thus far. We are short of creativity and a few goals from midfield rather than hard working defensive types.

IMO

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    Midfield 100%. Wijnaldum needs to be replaced.
    I think most of us were in agreement after last season that a CB, mid and forward were needed. No way we were getting all 3 though. I think we are OK up front with the 4 tops.
    Bissouma probably put another 10m on his price yesterday too. It's a no go for him now.
    I agree Bissouma not happen maybe next summer when his contract only has one year left if he carries on his form.

I still think we will sign someone but I have no idea who !!!

Will Bissouma start? I doubt he starts at 6 ahead of either Fabinho or Henderson and that seems to be his position, so I don’t really see it as a priority right now.

Who would you go for Miller that's a starter for us? And who's realistically available to us also?

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    Sid, the first four names you mention have all played 6, a Kante light isn’t getting a start, I’m looking for a midfield starter. Keita was brought in for the roll I am talking about but has failed miserably thus far. We are short of creativity and a few goals from midfield rather than hard working defensive types.

IMO
    True, true. Though in terms of our (mid-long term) future I think we can scratch Milner off as an option as a 6, so we're looking at 3 - and in a "1-2" midfield I (personally) would prefer Henderson (or indeed Thiago) ahead of Fabinho, rather than playing at the base. So for my own "vision" as it were, I'd quite like someone who can perform at the base of midfield who can tackle well and distribute.

As for your own vision, fair play! In a World where we can drop, say, £60m on the starting mid you want, who would you be after? Insigne maybe in the left side of the two ahead of the 6, something like that?
    Your hobbies are rollerblading and you're also a bit of a rat-hound? Steel Wool
    Sid knows he's crazy and he likes it. Balinkay