Page 19 of 99 FirstFirst ... 91213141516171819202122232425262969 ... LastLast

Thread: January transfer window/End of summer

Quote Originally Posted by LFC-DPG View Post
    If Origi goes the yes a forward is needed. (Hope he does for his sake too).
    What profile and where-abouts in the pecking order?

Firmino/Salah/Mane have pretty good fitness records overall, with Jota as (quality) cover and then Taki may well build on his 17 appearances for us as well. Plus we're still not entirely sure on what will happen with Elliott (seemingly a midfielder now) and Ox (used as a Firmino replacement in pre-season) going forward.

I'm not averse to us getting another forward in at all. But am curious as to how people see the picture, outside of things like bringing Mbappe/Haaland/Lewandowski in.
    Your hobbies are rollerblading and you're also a bit of a rat-hound? Steel Wool
    Sid knows he's crazy and he likes it. Balinkay

Can’t say who but I would trust Klopp and his team to have the right player in mind.
    I was hoping Thiago would bring something different to the party but I’m not even sure his game is suited to the Prem.
    Hate to say it but Fernandes has made a massive difference to Utd.

we have no cover for Mane, whos gonna play on the right if hes injured?? Origi as played there but no where near the level required over all. I think most of us agree, we need a forward and a midfielder.. Just more quality cover.
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    Can’t say who but I would trust Klopp and his team to have the right player in mind.
    I was hoping Thiago would bring something different to the party but I’m not even sure his game is suited to the Prem.
    Yes and no.I think hes a massive help going forward. But its also about winning games consistently enough. he may win you 4 games and lose you 2. Because hes not gonna help out deeper in defensive areas.. Looking at their line up today. Pogba played on the left..Because of that issue. Matip and Fred arent a great combination.. Fred and Pogba aint either..

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    we have no cover for Mane, whos gonna play on the right if hes injured?? Origi as played there but no where near the level required over all. I think most of us agree, we need a forward and a midfielder.. Just more quality cover.
    I agree with that we could do with CM and forward.

It’s impossible to know what we are thinking are we going big next year and possibly selling a big name ?

Bowen is a good player at West Ham I like him but I’m not sure he is who we go for then again it could open the door for West Ham signing Lingard or even Origi

Agree about Thiago. I'm.hopimg we see the best of him but he will most likely be one of those signings that despite how good he's been elsewhere just doesn't work out.
    Fernandes is their linchpin. He gets injured for a longish spell and they are "effed". He's the go to man constantly for that team.

Well precisely, Pogba and Fernandes are too attack minded whereas all our midfielders are similar in their attributes to different levels. I think we need something different.

Quote Originally Posted by LEGS View Post
    I agree with that we could do with CM and forward.

It’s impossible to know what we are thinking are we going big next year and possibly selling a big name ?

Bowen is a good player at West Ham I like him but I’m not sure he is who we go for then again it could open the door for West Ham signing Lingard or even Origi
    No idea on Bowen,the club might want him. doesnt mean West-ham will sell him to us. I think some of us get a tad impatient myself included over transfers.. But its not easy getting the deals over the line. if a club doesnt want to sell. Its not a lot anyone can do.

Thiago has yet to have the game time that Fernandez has had. If you could swap .. would you ?

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    Bit confused here …if he’s injured then Salah is still on the right ? Do you mean left, or Have I got my play station set up,wrong?

I may be wrong here, hope I am , but if I’m right thank fk your not choosing our needed new midfielder or forward .
    Last edited by huyrob; 22nd August 2021 at 11:24 PM. Reason: More input