Page 23 of 99 FirstFirst ... 131617181920212223242526272829303373 ... LastLast

Thread: January transfer window/End of summer

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    Can’t imagine he’s costing Hearts much
    Are they playing him? Wouldn't surprise me if they did that to put off any potential bidders
    "...and my inch is like a freight train, so I only use it in self defence"

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    It would be an incredible surprise, that's for sure.

To get him you're probably talking astronomical wages. The likes of Salah/Mane/Van Dijk who have contributed massively to our success (when Mbappe hasn't) would have every right to question why a new recruit was earning more than they were.

Plus some sort of gentlemanly agreement about future movement as he will eventually want Real Madrid. Besides, if you bring him in, what will put future recruits be asking for when we have ruined our wage structure?
    That's why players like Mbappe/Haaland won't be coming to LFC. I genuinely don't think Klopp would have players who's wage demands are going to cause ructions across the squad. For Utd City and Chelsea it's not an issue but for is its a potentially destabilising one.
    We can dream but that's all it will ever be.

To get him you're probably talking astronomical wages. The likes of Salah/Mane/Van Dijk who have contributed massively to our success (when Mbappe hasn't) would have every right to question why a new recruit was earning more than they were.

Plus some sort of gentlemanly agreement about future movement as he will eventually want Real Madrid. Besides, if you bring him in, what will put future recruits be asking for when we have ruined our wage structure?
    Our revenue would go through the roof if we signed mbappe and had a period of success on the back of it. To be successful for any sustained period of time inflation in inevitable. Should balance itself out you’d imagine.

Robertson has signed a new contract extension until 2026.
    I bet you can squeal like a pig!

It’s a done deal I tells ya…

“Haaland 'to leave Dortmund in January'
    Spanish publication Marca is reporting that Erling Haaland will be free to leave Borussia Dortmund in January, rather than next summer, when a £64million release clause becomes active.

Jurgen Klopp remained coy when asked about Liverpool's interest in Haaland over the weekend amid continued speculation linking with a move to the Reds.

The 21-year-old forward is one of European football’s hottest properties having averaged around a goal a game for the past two seasons.

Haaland has netted 62 goals in 63 games for Dortmund since joining them in the 2020 January transfer window from Red Bull Salzburg.“

Van Dijk arrived at LFC as a top earner at the club. Because he was worth it.
    Nobody in the squad shat the bed because Virgil and his big bawlls was getting paid top dollar half way through the 17/18 season.

In fact many players were absolutely delighted to see Virgil arrive and the impact he had on the side.

Seeing the recent contract extension of Trent I think you are living in an outdated wage structure era.
    When Salah signs his new extension, I'd wager he'll be on a pretty penny. The type of wage that would make a reasonable wage for mbappe not look so out of kilter. As great as Trent is, Salah should be paid more than him and by some distance.

Players and their agents understand the game. They will understand why Mbop4dKop is earning such a pretty penny.
    1) he scores lots of goals, an heir apparent
    2) hes a commercial cash cow

The idea of wages causing conflict and demands for evermore in wages, is a little moot imo. You rarely see anyone highlight some of our lesser spotted players on around 100kpw mark being used by Salah to force through wage increases.

The cases of Barca/Manu where I'd say a few players are paid more than their worth highlights a few issues. Both probably driven by the spending of the 3 big money clubs.

Mostly weak leadership - in barcas case they simply couldn't tell players, no, you are not worth those wages. No1 example for me Griezmann and rumoured wages.

In manus case I believe a sense of desperation to get back on top, saw them overpay in wages to get their man. Sanchez the big case, but even luke shaw signed on for whopper wages and hes there a while.

I'd suggest the leadership at the club, including Klopp and the higher ups have shown strong leadership relatively.

The do not make desperation signings, it drives fans mad like January window gone, and others beforehand.
    They wont meet wage demands that are deemed poor value, see Gini, again fans mad.
    They dont outbid other clubs wage offers, they make good wage offers and then its upto the player to decide, does he really want to join LFC.
    They will wait to get their priority target like Konate/VVD, and they'll move on if it doesnt materialise. These are a bit contradictory but it is just a reality of you cant always sign your no1 target.

Mbappe rumours can be set to rest. Real have bid 137m for his services … Mbappe 2027 maybe?

I dont know where your getting that information from. But there is no way any team is gonna pay 137 million for a player whos only got what 8/9 months on his contract?
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    I dont know where your getting that information from. But there is no way any team is gonna pay 137 million for a player whos only got what 8/9 months on his contract?
    Official bid allegedly. Perez the old cunt found 137m down the back of the sofa.

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    Sky sports twitter