Page 25 of 99 FirstFirst ... 151819202122232425262728293031323575 ... LastLast

Thread: January transfer window/End of summer

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    Stinks of fear to me.

They're absolutely terrified that Mbappe could go somewhere else and they miss out on their big, shiny Galactico that rescued them from the threat of not being the biggest draw in World Football at a time where the Premier League still retains Guardiola+Klopp and the two Spanish giants have debt issues of different sorts, with no Messi or Ronaldo in their League and many stars now in England at a time when England have reached a major tournament final.

If they swing their dicks now, as big an outlay as it is, they get to cling onto being "the biggest and bestest" for some time longer. Clearly, for them, they deem it worth it. The prospect of him signing a pre-agreement for someone in January terrifies them, so they've marked their territory by having a massive piss on the curtains.
    Haha. Great summary Sid.

That’s what they’ve always done though. Always bought the best at whatever cost.

That’s probably the reason they have won 34 league titles and 13 CL’s.

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    Haha. Great summary Sid.
    Agreed - a very accurate description of the situation, despite what comes across as a little thinly veiled jealousy.

Dick-swinging toilet talk tends to betray an underlying concern.

Harry Kane

“It was incredible to see the reception from the Spurs fans on Sunday and to read some of the messages of support I've had in the last few weeks. 👏⚽

I will be staying at Tottenham this summer and will be 100% focused on helping the team achieve success. #COYS“

Good news for us as he improves City or Utd if he goes there. More so than Grealish at any rate.
    Last edited by miller0863; 25th August 2021 at 02:17 PM.

So be gone in January then
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Would be a pisser if they went and got Ronaldo now.

Mbappe is and always has been nailed on for Madrid.

Hopefully they hurry up and get it done so we dont get bored with this ongoing circus.

Get your money on Spurs to do what we did in 2014 with Luis.

I fully expect Harry to start looking for an early lunch - let’s see who he gets his gnashes into…

…yer obviouthly

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    Agreed - a very accurate description of the situation, despite what comes across as a little thinly veiled jealousy.

Dick-swinging toilet talk tends to betray an underlying concern.
    Sincerely, no.

Maybe it's how I've been brought up, or how I naturally am as a person in terms of enjoying the journey/process as much as the result in my hobbies, or my meritocratic leanings, or appreciating intelligence, or hearing tales of "heroic defeats" of the Irish/Scots - but Real Madrid don't impress me much.

They're the guy with the sharp suit who works in pharmaceuticals because Daddy got them a job in the company. They're the 14-stone fella at school who has been boxing for 6 years and only beat up kids half their size, never having the balls to risk taking on someone of equal physical stature in the year above. They're the lad who holds onto their miserable girlfriend via a string of necklaces and expensive holidays, as they're incapable of reading what the books she's into so as to get her a touching gift.

They're big, but they're not clever. They're surface-level confident, but secretly very insecure. They don't know what it is to be the little guy, to be backed into a corner by four thugs and to scrape and grind their way out of a difficult situation. They might have more trophies, but none will have been as satisfying as ours - Real Madrid will never, ever know the feelings our fanbase would have went through in the semi-final of 04/05, taking on a seemingly unstoppable force. They'll always be the Dragon, never the intelligent Knight who has been sneaking into the Cave for weeks to figure out when it sleeps, or where the chinks in the armour are.

They're one of a number of shit-stains within world football and we are mothafuckin' Toilet Duck.
    Your hobbies are rollerblading and you're also a bit of a rat-hound? Steel Wool
    Sid knows he's crazy and he likes it. Balinkay

BBC

PSG's sporting director Leonardo has described Real Madrid's approach for Kylian Mbappe as "disrespectful, incorrect and illegal".

Leonardo went on to say that if Mbappe wants to leave, "we will not retain him, but he will leave or stay on our terms".

"If a player wants to leave, he will leave. The club, the project, remain above everyone. But we have done everything" to convince him to stay