Page 26 of 99 FirstFirst ... 161920212223242526272829303132333676 ... LastLast

Thread: January transfer window/End of summer

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    Sincerely, no.

Maybe it's how I've been brought up, or how I naturally am as a person in terms of enjoying the journey/process as much as the result in my hobbies, or my meritocratic leanings, or appreciating intelligence, or hearing tales of "heroic defeats" of the Irish/Scots - but Real Madrid don't impress me much.

They're the guy with the sharp suit who works in pharmaceuticals because Daddy got them a job in the company. They're the 14-stone fella at school who has been boxing for 6 years and only beat up kids half their size, never having the balls to risk taking on someone of equal physical stature in the year above. They're the lad who holds onto their miserable girlfriend via a string of necklaces and expensive holidays, as they're incapable of reading what the books she's into so as to get her a touching gift.

They're big, but they're not clever. They're surface-level confident, but secretly very insecure. They don't know what it is to be the little guy, to be backed into a corner by four thugs and to scrape and grind their way out of a difficult situation. They might have more trophies, but none will have been as satisfying as ours - Real Madrid will never, ever know the feelings our fanbase would have went through in the semi-final of 04/05, taking on a seemingly unstoppable force. They'll always be the Dragon, never the intelligent Knight who has been sneaking into the Cave for weeks to figure out when it sleeps, or where the chinks in the armour are.

They're one of a number of shit-stains within world football and we are mothafuckin' Toilet Duck.
    Agree dude. They are the epitome of shithouse. A horrid,arrogant despicable club. Their fans are the same.
    Ferguson had it bang on when saying he wouldnt sell them a virus.

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    BBC

PSG's sporting director Leonardo has described Real Madrid's approach for Kylian Mbappe as "disrespectful, incorrect and illegal".

Leonardo went on to say that if Mbappe wants to leave, "we will not retain him, but he will leave or stay on our terms".

"If a player wants to leave, he will leave. The club, the project, remain above everyone. But we have done everything" to convince him to stay
    Except,, if he leaves next summer when his contract is up, then he's leaving on his terms and not theirs, because he's leaving on a free and they get nothing for him - not even the measly 160 million from Real that they think is too low now.

That's what Leonardo is really whining about here.
    He even goes on to note the "handshake" agreement they had with Mbappe that he wouldn't leave on a free - as if that ever means anything in this world.
    He of all people should know better.
    All's fair in love and war, Leonardo.
    You did after all, get Gini from us in exactly pretty much the same way, and Messi from Barca that way too.

I do agree with him that Real were being shithouses with that bid knowing it was going to be rejected and well below what they (PSG) paid to get him as a teenager.
    It (the bid) was basically a lovenote to Mbappe telling him they want him and will wait for him until next summer if they have to, so that he doesn't sign an extension with PSG.

Two shithouse clubs screwing each other over (three if you throw in Barcelona).
    Nobody to root for here.
    'I got told there's an English phrase, 'You don't win trophies with kids'. I didn't know that' ... - Jurgen Klopp
    Stone-Cold Savage!

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    Agree dude. They are the epitome of shithouse. A horrid,arrogant despicable club. Their fans are the same.
    Ferguson had it bang on when saying he wouldnt sell them a virus.
    Then sold them his best player shortly after.

Don’t like Madrid but my hatred of Barca is on another level.

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson Dynasty View Post
    Except,, if he leaves next summer when his contract is up, then he's leaving on his terms and not theirs, because he's leaving on a free and they get nothing for him - not even the measly 160 million from Real that they think is too low now.

That's what Leonardo is really whining about here.
    He even goes on to note the "handshake" agreement they had with Mbappe that he wouldn't leave on a free - as if that ever means anything in this world.
    He of all people should know better.
    All's fair in love and war, Leonardo.
    You did after all, get Gini from us in exactly pretty much the same way, and Messi from Barca that way too.

I do agree with him that Real were being shithouses with that bid knowing it was going to be rejected and well below what they (PSG) paid to get him as a teenager.
    It (the bid) was basically a lovenote to Mbappe telling him they want him and will wait for him until next summer if they have to, so that he doesn't sign an extension with PSG.

Two shithouse clubs screwing each other over (three if you throw in Barcelona).
    Nobody to root for here.
    I don't think they are willing to sell him.

Iirc, under FFP if a player leaves on a free transfer, PSG are able to write it off against their FFP obligations.

If they write him off for a massive amount, it might suit them better.

It's like £137mn ow cash in hand from Real.
    Versus the potential to right him off for £250 mill, getting no cash.
    Essentially foregoing whatever they'd get for him now, to get an extra bit of wiggle room.

Like paying 137 mill of a fine, to get a 250 mill write off. Not very frugal, iirc

BBC

PSG's sporting director Leonardo has described Real Madrid's approach for Kylian Mbappe as "disrespectful, incorrect and illegal".

Leonardo went on to say that if Mbappe wants to leave, "we will not retain him, but he will leave or stay on our terms".

"If a player wants to leave, he will leave. The club, the project, remain above everyone. But we have done everything" to convince him to stay
    Even if he ends up at real, it's good to see him sticking to his guns.

PSG will have offered him mega mad money to stay, money I'd wager Real wouldnt be able to match.

He should come to LFC though for his career.
    Let la liga resettle and real (a bit like barca) rejuvenate.
    Develop himself in the 'hot' league at LFC with Klopp.

Klopp is here till 2024 at least and we can probably, safely say, that if Mbappe were here and wasnt signing a contract extension with 2 years left, we'd sell him to real.
    Cashing in a few quid as he leaves.
    And if La liga/real is looking shit due to finances, then he will have dodged a bullet.

It's a win-win, written in the stars.
    Here's hoping the young lad makes the right choice = Klopp.

Quote Originally Posted by CCTV View Post
    Even if he ends up at real, it's good to see him sticking to his guns.

PSG will have offered him mega mad money to stay, money I'd wager Real wouldnt be able to match.

He should come to LFC though for his career.
    Let la liga resettle and real (a bit like barca) rejuvenate.
    Develop himself in the 'hot' league at LFC with Klopp.

Klopp is here till 2024 at least and we can probably, safely say, that if Mbappe were here and wasnt signing a contract extension with 2 years left, we'd sell him to real.
    Cashing in a few quid as he leaves.
    And if La liga/real is looking shit due to finances, then he will have dodged a bullet.

It's a win-win, written in the stars.
    Here's hoping the young lad makes the right choice = Klopp.
    Very interesting take on the situation. Hard to know. He has kept his council, and it’s the media rather than himself who are stirring matters ( Haaland seems a different scenario ) I have an open mind, if I was a multi millionaire player in my twenties. ( forgetting the weather ) would I want to play under Klopp with his brilliant level headed “team “ or go elsewhere to RM with a back biting bunch of egoistic has beens , he’s had a bit of that at PSG ( not that Neymar is a has been) …..Who knows, it would be the mark of a very grounded player if he valued himself in similar terms to other greats…. Mo, Mane, Al and others. Obviously LFC will not rock the boat on wages which would be a ridiculous thing to do, but transfer fee is a different matter. Very interesting situation.

He’ll go where the money is, it’s what most of them do.

Quote Originally Posted by huyrob View Post
    Very interesting take on the situation. Hard to know. He has kept his council, and it’s the media rather than himself who are stirring matters ( Haaland seems a different scenario ) I have an open mind, if I was a multi millionaire player in my twenties. ( forgetting the weather ) would I want to play under Klopp with his brilliant level headed “team “ or go elsewhere to RM with a back biting bunch of egoistic has beens , he’s had a bit of that at PSG ( not that Neymar is a has been) …..Who knows, it would be the mark of a very grounded player if he valued himself in similar terms to other greats…. Mo, Mane, Al and others. Obviously LFC will not rock the boat on wages which would be a ridiculous thing to do, but transfer fee is a different matter. Very interesting situation.
    Iirc, Mbappes agent is his dad whereas Halaands is Mino. Probably accounts for the differences.

I'd wait and see what our current star contract renewals look like before talking of Mbappes wages rocking the boat.

As posted, it might be in PSGs interest to lose him on a free transfer. To a normally ran club that decision would make no sense

Could be a case of him signing a pre-contract in January and waiting out the year.
    Even if they signed Ronny for a cheap enough fee, I could see them keeping Mbappe, trying to land the CL before City.

He’ll go where the money is, it’s what most of them do.
    Maybe, but the money is at PSG.

The childhood dream is a Zidaneless Real.

The football legend move is Klopp.

Real will offer much higher wages than us, end of.
    Nice to be in the conversation but we’re not seriously in with a chance.