Page 27 of 99 FirstFirst ... 172021222324252627282930313233343777 ... LastLast

Thread: January transfer window/End of summer

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    Real will offer much higher wages than us, end of.
    Nice to be in the conversation but we’re not seriously in with a chance.
    Perhaps, it wouldn't shock me, though I'd argue it's a poor mans choice.

Real have been bitching like fuck with la liga too. Havent read anything of note, but they might not be in a great place either in the short term.

Aaaahahahaha

Paris St-Germain want 220m euros (£188m) from Real Madrid for 22-year-old France forward Kylian Mbappe. (Le Parisien - in French)

He’ll go where the money is, it’s what most of them do.
    Yes sadly you are probably right but wouldn’t it be great if this turned out differently .

Not sure about the Zidaneless bit but I feel he would love to work with/ under Klopp.

Real will offer much higher wages than us, end of.
    Nice to be in the conversation but we’re not seriously in with a chance.
    I’m pretty sure your right. I just hope that he is wealthy enough that for 2/ 3 years he wants to be a part of the best team in the world. !

Aaaahahahaha

Paris St-Germain want 220m euros (£188m) from Real Madrid for 22-year-old France forward Kylian Mbappe. (Le Parisien - in French)
    Looks like they're happy to lose him for nothing in 10 months time then

Quote Originally Posted by CCTV View Post
    I don't think they are willing to sell him.

Iirc, under FFP if a player leaves on a free transfer, PSG are able to write it off against their FFP obligations.

If they write him off for a massive amount, it might suit them better.

It's like £137mn ow cash in hand from Real.
    Versus the potential to right him off for £250 mill, getting no cash.
    Essentially foregoing whatever they'd get for him now, to get an extra bit of wiggle room.

Like paying 137 mill of a fine, to get a 250 mill write off. Not very frugal, iirc
    It's not just about writing it off, though.

They paid Monaco 200 Million to get him and haven't paid off the whole amount yet, as they were counting on using any proceeds from a sale of him to do so.
    Plus, there's some top-up bonus on top of that (outside of his sale price) where Monaco makes a bonus if they were to sell him within a certain window, (which,....not surprisingly expires when his contract is up, which is why PSG were anxious for him to sign an extension before any potential sale).
    Which is why they're insistent on selling him not just for the price they bought him for, but they have to make a profit from said sale (in this case, they're looking for 20 Mil, hence the 220 Million price tag. That "profit" is not about making money or balancing the books but more about what they still owe)

Sure, if he leaves on a free they get to wipe off his wages from their books, but that was never the issue for them given the fact that they're PSG and they signed a 300k a week Gini and now a 400-500k a week Messi.

The FFP write-off doesn't eliminate the debt they still owe Monaco for him.

That's a large reason why Leonardo is extra salty, because 200 Million spent on a teenager who then leaves on a Free before his prime (while you still haven't even finished paying off the debt from buying him), is simply not good business anyway you cut it.
    'I got told there's an English phrase, 'You don't win trophies with kids'. I didn't know that' ... - Jurgen Klopp
    Stone-Cold Savage!

Letting a player run his contract down to 1 year in this case is also terrible business.

Looks like Kane is fooked. I cant see Man-city going in for him in January. So hes stuck at Tottenham and no other club will want a 28 year old nearly 29.Only himself to blame signing a 6 year contract.
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Aaaahahahaha

Ooooof.

Three £50m players and a £38m player. Mbappe is a special talent but anyone with good recruitment could improve a spine of a side for that kind of cheddar.