Page 34 of 99 FirstFirst ... 242728293031323334353637383940414484 ... LastLast

Thread: January transfer window/End of summer

Quote Originally Posted by Kev0909 View Post
    In all honesty there's not much I'd want unless we make a big signing, which has to be midfield for me, I think it's bang average apart from a couple of players, which are getting on, and the younger ones are made out of biscuits or just not good enough yet it offers little goals or real quality in general, it would be nice to have someone who could score, gives us another option.... I rate thiago fabinho and Henderson, but there's no goals there at all, and little going forward- hopefully thiago can make more happen.

Apart from that, another option upfront which isn't origi, but heyhooo
    Agree. Klopp is saying we don't need one and pin pointing Ox having plenty of energy. He's either a good liar or he genuinely believes that.
    One thing is for sure, if we don't win anything or don't make a good fist of it we point our fingers gers at the owners of the club. There's no getting g away from it.
    This could possibly be the season where we start to get left behind.

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    Totally agree kev

Regarding some of the other signings though, Klopp wouldn’t touch a 36 year old Ronaldo with a 20ft pole, Sancho doesn’t get a start, not sure where you would start Grealish and I am not convinced Lukaku fits into Klopp’s pressing game either.
    One or two may improve their new clubs, Sancho at Utd and maybe Lukaku at Chelsea but it won’t all add to the relative points tallies.

An attacking mid with a goal and assist in him and a Bobby with more goals in him gets a start but apart from that who else would you replace in our best 11??
    That's all very true mate. We're not bad, ya' know.

Quote Originally Posted by Kev0909 View Post
    Ronaldo who?!?

Fantastic!

They must of found some change down the sofa

Should be fun to see Fernandes and Ronaldo fight over free kicks and pens though
    Fingers crossed it all falls apart for them. They've another of big heads at that club now.

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    No point dismissing these deals. I'm sure Harvey Elliott will have been dismissed by some upon his purchase, or Raheem Sterling.

Clark is the sort of lad we judge in 5 years.

As for United, if you buy Ronaldo, you have to win the League or Champion's League to justify it - otherwise you have created a problem for further down the line when you have to reshuffle AGAIN - I'd much rather tie a spine down for a number of years and integrate youngsters that can hopefully be around for the next "cycle" having learned from those who stuck it out with us. Needless to say, you do need to sprinkle it with quality from time to time to supplement bringing talent through (Van Dijk, Alisson, Fabinho, Keita, Thiago, Jota all examples of this, irrespective of how they were funded or their varying degrees of success thus far) as spending is definitely part of the game - but it's a part that people get far too wrapped up in.

Useful tools for the mid-long-term shed that we can utilise in the "now" as required - yes please. Not arsed on shiny new toys for the sake of it mind.
    All in jest mate. At least we have a manager who actually coaches players and improves them. Also the young kids at least see a path into our first team with Jurgen. I wonder how the young lad Greenwood feels at Utd tonight ?

Quote Originally Posted by LFC-DPG View Post
    What did he go for? 17m
    Didnt he go for £25m ?

Dortmund like the Red Bull clubs are attractive clubs for young talent as they know they will get games at a good level and they won't stand in their way of a move with fair release clauses.

Bellingham made the correct decision as if he'd have gone to Utd he would be like Van Der Beek who has lost a year of his career.

What wages is Ronaldo on then ? Have they released the details plus it will be good to hear from Pep on why they turned down Ronaldo.

Quote Originally Posted by ianlfc View Post
    What wages is Ronaldo on then ? Have they released the details plus it will be good to hear from Pep on why they turned down Ronaldo.
    480k a week.

Well he was apparently on €600k a week after tax at Juve, according to the Guardian, so it won’t be peanuts.

That's some doe for a 36 year old.

Quote Originally Posted by LEGS View Post
    Didnt he go for £25m ?

Dortmund like the Red Bull clubs are attractive clubs for young talent as they know they will get games at a good level and they won't stand in their way of a move with fair release clauses.

Bellingham made the correct decision as if he'd have gone to Utd he would be like Van Der Beek who has lost a year of his career.
    His buyout was £17.1m according to google

You feel United are going back to their post Ferguson transfer strategy