Page 36 of 99 FirstFirst ... 262930313233343536373839404142434686 ... LastLast

Thread: January transfer window/End of summer

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    Our wage bill was supposedly bigger than Chelsea’s and Utd’s, surely that’s no longer the case
    Not sure mate. All these renewed contracts aren’t going to be for peanuts. VvD, Alisson, Robertson, Fab.

Salah next; he’ll be on a fair whack. Henderson still in negotiations. Not sure what the cases with Mané.
    I bet you can squeal like a pig!

Quote Originally Posted by Kev0909 View Post
    You say that sid but how much can Ronaldo help greenwood with his development? We're talking about a guy that was one of the best players in the world some tutor..

Far Better than anyone Jones has here
    We’ve got Bobby who can teach the youth about good dental hygiene. That’s about it though.

Quote Originally Posted by LFC-DPG View Post
    We’ve got Bobby who can teach the youth about good dental hygiene. That’s about it though.

lolol

Quote Originally Posted by LFC-DPG View Post
    Hahaha, that made me laugh

Quote Originally Posted by southernboy View Post
    Not sure mate. All these renewed contracts aren’t going to be for peanuts. VvD, Alisson, Robertson, Fab.

Salah next; he’ll be on a fair whack. Henderson still in negotiations. Not sure what the cases with Mané.
    Don't you think shaq and wij covers a bit of it? can't see them all having huge rises...

overall I doubt FSG have spent molre than 30+m of their own money

Quote Originally Posted by Kev0909 View Post
    You say that sid but how much can Ronaldo help greenwood with his development? We're talking about a guy that was one of the best players in the world some tutor..

Far Better than anyone Jones has here
    If that's the case Mbappe should be staying at PSG then.

Aye true SB but Sancho and Varane won’t have come cheap plus an increase of £500k a week on Ronaldo alone

Ronaldo is helping nobody but himself they can spin it all they like you only get better by playing games.

You had a look at how Ronaldo treated Jota in the Euros moaning as he took a shot on coming from him.

He has to play as CF as if they move him wide he wont track back as although he is in good shape still his pace isnt what it was.

Everything will be played to his strengths time will tell if that is good/bad.

Quote Originally Posted by ianlfc View Post
    If that's the case Mbappe should be staying at PSG then.
    I think mbappe is on a different level to greenwood and Jones...

Quote Originally Posted by southernboy View Post
    It’s all a bit fucking depressing.
    There's humour to be found in it too my friend.

Let’s be straight. Man United have ignores the much-needed upgrade on their midfield so as to sign Ronaldo, mainly because they couldn’t stomach the thought of "R7" at City. It's been driven by their insecurity about what their fans might think if they "allowed that to happen" more than anything else. It's another vanity/statement signing (Lukaku, Di Maria, Ibrahimovic, Falcao) for them, rather than finding the player most required for the overall team set-up. Solskjaer couldn't organise a top footballing side if he was handed the plans in paint-by-numbers, it's just about throwing together a bunch of individual talents, hoping for the best and playing for a draw in the bigger games.

Now, don't get me wrong. Ronaldo is a top player, WILL score plenty of goals from inside the 18-yard box and will give them an injection of excitement for a few months, with then potentially able to ride the momentum of that happy wave until February.

But he isn't a long-term solution, reduces the game time of some of their other players, can be an absolute bully to his team-mates (Jota experienced this at the Euro) due to his selfishness, will be blasting free kicks into the wall and doesn't press. It's yet more Polyfilla on a wall that still needs a little bit more structural work.

I'm genuinely way more excited about seeing some of our young players come through than I would be about dropping £330k per week or whatever on getting Suarez back. Not that part of me wouldn't find that a lot of fun (seriously, it's Suarez) but I've always found it best to look forward otherwise you limit your growth.