Page 37 of 99 FirstFirst ... 273031323334353637383940414243444787 ... LastLast

Thread: January transfer window/End of summer

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    There's humour to be found in it too my friend.

Let’s be straight. Man United have ignores the much-needed upgrade on their midfield so as to sign Ronaldo, mainly because they couldn’t stomach the thought of "R7" at City. It's been driven by their insecurity about what their fans might think if they "allowed that to happen" more than anything else. It's another vanity/statement signing (Lukaku, Di Maria, Ibrahimovic, Falcao) for them, rather than finding the player most required for the overall team set-up. Solskjaer couldn't organise a top footballing side if he was handed the plans in paint-by-numbers, it's just about throwing together a bunch of individual talents, hoping for the best and playing for a draw in the bigger games.

Now, don't get me wrong. Ronaldo is a top player, WILL score plenty of goals from inside the 18-yard box and will give them an injection of excitement for a few months, with then potentially able to ride the momentum of that happy wave until February.

But he isn't a long-term solution, reduces the game time of some of their other players, can be an absolute bully to his team-mates (Jota experienced this at the Euro) due to his selfishness, will be blasting free kicks into the wall and doesn't press. It's yet more Polyfilla on a wall that still needs a little bit more structural work.

I'm genuinely way more excited about seeing some of our young players come through than I would be about dropping £330k per week or whatever on getting Suarez back. Not that part of me wouldn't find that a lot of fun (seriously, it's Suarez) but I've always found it best to look forward otherwise you limit your growth.

If only United had your CV Sid, Klopp and the boys would be toast.

Keeps straight face…

Sid is right though United dont have a problem scoring goals and havent had for a few years now.

Bissouma is the kind of player they need in midfield but he isnt exciting enough for them although they still could sign a MF.

saying that id like Bissouma here he looks a very strong midfielder and still only 24.

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    If only United had your CV Sid, Klopp and the boys would be toast.

Keeps straight face…
    This is the second time within a few weeks you've made a comment of this Nature, the other being to the effect of "Sid thinks he's knowledgeable but he isn't" - with an insinuation about what I've got going on between my legs sprinkled in there for good measure. You ok Hun? You're awfully keen on cheap jibes for a man in his....40s?

I'd be absolutely daft to think I could manage a Football team at the top level. That doesn't (and shouldn't) stop me from having an opinion on a fan football forum, even if my opinion is proven wrong comes the end of the season.

Everyone in here is an armchair pundit and I have time for all of them. Speaking of which, show your cards time - you think Man United are finishing above us? If so, by how many points?

Quote Originally Posted by southernboy View Post
    Not sure mate. All these renewed contracts aren’t going to be for peanuts. VvD, Alisson, Robertson, Fab.

Salah next; he’ll be on a fair whack. Henderson still in negotiations. Not sure what the cases with Mané.
    All clubs have good players who they want to tie down, LFC are not exclusive in that and its being used as an excuse for not strengthening the squad.
    I've said this before, what happens when Klopp goes?
    Going on what's happening now we'll fade away into obscurity again like we did in the 90s. We are not asking for 100m players, just a reasonable replacement for Wijnaldum. If we Utd finish above us this season then we can say we haven't done enough or even tried really. I'm.not sure if Klopps taking the piss when he says "I'd struggle to find a player with more energy than Ox". Fuck me, really? I've got plenty of energy can I have a game.
    It's the intent and ambition from Utd that I envy not the fact they've signed cuntybollocks.
    Last edited by teesred; 28th August 2021 at 10:28 AM.

To be fair tees, Utd have only signed one player with an eye on the future in Jason Sancho, we have signed one too with Konate. City only Grealish and Chelsea Lukaku. Not saying I’m happy with the window but no one’s exactly invested in an influx of new young talent.
    Unless you count us signing the likes of Clark from Newcastle and Kade Gordon from Derby.

Our fan base is getting a bit jittery because all 3 of our top 4 rivals plus Leicester to an extent, have brought in attacking headliners and we haven’t. I can only assume we don’t have the £80-100m required plus huge wages to bring in the kind of player who might improve us. Klopp’s requirements are quite specific

Fair comment Milller, you are right in that. City ready have a great squad and I do think they'll spend again though.
    Utd have gone all in, it could and I hope it goes belly up.
    It's the non replacement of Wijnaldum that's really irritated me.

Quote Originally Posted by Kev0909 View Post
    I think mbappe is on a different level to greenwood and Jones...
    I'll be honest I'm not arsed really about him going there at this stage of his career. Now if he'd done it around 2015 then that would be different. What we all need to remember no matter who he starts up top he'll have either Fred, McWhatshisface or Matic.

In midfield.

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    This is the second time within a few weeks you've made a comment of this Nature, the other being to the effect of "Sid thinks he's knowledgeable but he isn't" - with an insinuation about what I've got going on between my legs sprinkled in there for good measure. You ok Hun? You're awfully keen on cheap jibes for a man in his....40s?

I'd be absolutely daft to think I could manage a Football team at the top level. That doesn't (and shouldn't) stop me from having an opinion on a fan football forum, even if my opinion is proven wrong comes the end of the season.

Everyone in here is an armchair pundit and I have time for all of them. Speaking of which, show your cards time - you think Man United are finishing above us? If so, by how many points?
    So sensitive…

Was a light hearted jibe dude.

If people want to ramble on and on…. and on in a lecturing tone when they have no real world experience they do open themselves up to this kinda thing.

I am indeed in my 40’s (48 in fact) Sid and as such - yearn to be younger - but I also recognise the folly of youth. You will too in time.

Relax we all thought we knew it all.

I know it was, hence my laughter and light-hearted "you okay Hun" retort.

United - finishing above us, yae or nae and by how much?