Page 40 of 99 FirstFirst ... 303334353637383940414243444546475090 ... LastLast

Thread: January transfer window/End of summer

Hoping for it and being in the mix for every competition we enter is realistic. Expecting to win everything is something quite different.
    Look at the money City have spent trying to win the Champions League, still haven’t.
    Look at the money spent by Utd trying to win the Prem since Fergie retired, still haven’t.

You can hope because we’re good enough to make a decent fist of winning any trophy on offer but expecting it? Really??

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    Hoping for it and being in the mix for every competition we enter is realistic. Expecting to win everything is something quite different.
    Look at the money City have spent trying to win the Champions League, still haven’t.
    Look at the money spent by Utd trying to win the Prem since Fergie retired, still haven’t.

You can hope because we’re good enough to make a decent fist of winning any trophy on offer but expecting it? Really??
    Everything is a bit of a stretch, but I don't see why we shouldn't be challenging very late into the season still for a cup of some sort.

After all, other teams are envious of at 7 of our players, meaning they're amongst the best in the world in there position- that's over half the team, with Klopp at the helm, don't see why we're not expecting more than 3rd/4th place when our team is "better"

Doesn't matter how much other teams spend if they're not better than one of our "7" world class players.

Or am I being too positive now hoping we'll actually do well? you can't have it both ways say how other teams are envious of most of our players, and not expect us to be up there with the other teams. we don't even have bad depth compared to others either, man city obviously do have more but yeah, could do with another option up top as we only really have Jota and Origi isn't good enough.
    Last edited by Kev0909; 28th August 2021 at 01:13 PM.

Didn’t mean winning everything but be in with a chance of winning any competition we enter this season.

Personally I am neither positive or negative going into the season. Hoping for the team to come back with a fight after last season but also wary of the squad depth.

Obviously I don’t like seeing our rivals continue to strengthen but can also see more than a touch of panic buying going on.

I still think we could and should have added one up top and in the middle. It’s looking too late now and there is risk.

Apologies if this offends anyone

Exactly, if we don’t win anything the season will have been a failure and questions about recruitment will need to be answered.

I know some will see finishing top 4 as a success but we all know what happened to Arsenal when they settled for that.

I can't win, I say about needing a few players i'm too negative and we are the best and other teams are so envious of us, then I try and be positive and I still get stick!

Love xxxxxxx

Don’t think anyone is going to be happy with no trophies Kev

Quote Originally Posted by Kev0909 View Post
    In that case, surely we'll be winning everything?

No it doesn't. It means nothing more than it says - our team building has been impressive - possibly the best ever in our history. Remember, we had the best team in the world only a short time ago? With more or less the same squad, except not as strong as we are now, in my opinion.

Still, there's all kinds of things that can go wrong. Leicester won the league deservedly without the best squad/team - there's many reasons why that can happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Kev0909 View Post

Or am I being too positive now hoping we'll actually do well? you can't have it both ways say how other teams are envious of most of our players, and not expect us to be up there with the other teams. we don't even have bad depth compared to others either, man city obviously do have more but yeah, could do with another option up top as we only really have Jota and Origi isn't good enough.
    I don't think anyone receives serious criticism on here for being too positive or too negative. It's the narrative that we are being neglected, badly run, shortchanged etc, which is challenged by some, like me. If that's your belief, then it is hard to act positive as, like Steveo, you are pinning all your hopes on the genius of Klopp, whilst saying he can only succeed against the odds for so long at the same time.

Narrative..