Page 42 of 99 FirstFirst ... 323536373839404142434445464748495292 ... LastLast

Thread: January transfer window/End of summer

If Mane and Salah are still 2 of our main players up front in 2 years time let alone 4 I'd say we're fucked.
    We've had years out of them.

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    I think Mane is waining a bit. he doesnt seem as fluent has he use to. hes played an hell of a lot of football in the last few years
    Agree, I hoped that goal might have boosted him but he looks just like last season. He doesn't look the same player and that's a point im making. We are hoping these players will get back to what they were. During summer I said atleast 2 of the squad will not do that, that means a drop in level within the team. No top side can sustain that.
    I get that people think the squad is good enough but we are essentially asking the same players to maintain the levels of 2 and 3 years ago. Mental levels we've never seen before. It's folly to think it'll be that way without bringing in real competition for places.

We need an out and out forward and an out and out winger. Our midfield gets a lot of crictism, but they are always having to play from side to side. they cant themselves break into the box because the opposition narrow the space in front.. Our full backs are expected to keep the width like ive said. If our midfield get to far foward. we are open to huge counter attacks
    If we crossed the ball from deadball line.. you can get more bodies in the box.. Chelsea played like most teams will play against us. Block he centre of the pitch and allow us to play. we played most in chelsea's half to day. but we didnt really attack the box the ball was defended easily in the centre..
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    Agree, I hoped that goal might have boosted him but he looks just like last season. He doesn't look the same player and that's a point im making. We are hoping these players will get back to what they were. During summer I said atleast 2 of the squad will not do that, that means a drop in level within the team. No top side can sustain that.
    I get that people think the squad is good enough but we are essentially asking the same players to maintain the levels of 2 and 3 years ago. Mental levels we've never seen before. It's folly to think it'll be that way without bringing in real competition for places.
    I know, Shaqiri didnt offer much so hes no real loss. But we need quality back up. Origi cant even make the bench.
    I just dont get all the midfielders.. whats with Jones/Minamino/Oxlade/Thiago/ etc. One of them is not needed..
    I know people are calling for a better midfielder. But i think a forward with real ability is must..
    i worry we will be short in midfield. But you cant really be short when you have 3 players in 1 position like Jones/Minamino and Oxlade.. hardly any of them is ever gonna play.

If Mane and Salah are still 2 of our main players up front in 2 years time let alone 4 I'd say we're fucked.
    We've had years out of them.
    They're 29 - they're the same age as Neymar. I don't think they'll have fallen off the proverbial cliff at 31. We should be looking ahead, no question, but they are 6-7 years (depending on the months of birth) younger than Ronaldo at a time where more and more footballers are getting smarter about self-preservation - Salah in particular wouldn't surprise me if he maintained a high level at 33 or so. Probably not AS high as now, but hardly scrap heap material.

what i mean by being short in midfield. not in the attacking sense..A Gini position..We have an abdundace of attacking midfielders.one of them is not needed. because like my last post they simply aint gonna play that often.
    Our squad is unballanced. we need more attackers in the wide area and up front.

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    I know, Shaqiri didnt offer much so hes no real loss. But we need quality back up. Origi cant even make the bench.
    I just dont get all the midfielders.. whats with Jones/Minamino/Oxlade/Thiago/ etc. One of them is not needed..
    I know people are calling for a better midfielder. But i think a forward with real ability is must..
    i worry we will be short in midfield. But you cant really be short when you have 3 players in 1 position like Jones/Minamino and Oxlade.. hardly any of them is ever gonna play.
    Agree, its either or. Weve got numbers but not quality.
    We've all given Origi stick but look for example at Tsimikas. Dropped after playing really well and then Robertson stank the place out ( from an attack point of view).
    It's like the squad players can work their bollocks off, they ain't getting a game. Makes you wonder.
    Last edited by teesred; 28th August 2021 at 11:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    They're 29 - they're the same age as Neymar. I don't think they'll have fallen off the proverbial cliff at 31. We should be looking ahead, no question, but they are 6-7 years (depending on the months of birth) younger than Ronaldo at a time where more and more footballers are getting smarter about self-preservation - Salah in particular wouldn't surprise me if he maintained a high level at 33 or so. Probably not AS high as now, but hardly scrap heap material.
    True but the point I'm making is us still relying on them. If they are still mainstays in 2 years time something is wrong and we will have dropped off for sure.
    No successful team has ever kept players for that long without evolving. We have to realise they are not the be all and end all of LFC.

Apparently, Willian will take a 70% wage cut, leave Arsenal and join Corinthians

Agree, its either or. Weve got numbers but not quality.
    We've all given Origi stick but look for example at Tsimikas. Dropped after playing really well and then Robertson stank the place out ( from an attack point of view).
    It's like the squad players can work their bollocks off, they ain't getting a game. Makes you wonder.
    Robbo has been shite going forward for ages now.