Page 43 of 99 FirstFirst ... 333637383940414243444546474849505393 ... LastLast

Thread: January transfer window/End of summer

Quote Originally Posted by eggy81 View Post
    Robbo has been shite going forward for ages now.
    True. He would be in the 2 or 3 players who I'd say probably won't get back to that level of a couple if seasons ago.

Another player that's a bit over-hyped and people living off a couple of seasons ago

Before anyone isn't very happy, no i'm not calling him shit, but he's not world class

World class, or at least top level = Salah, Allison, VVD, trent will get there he's close.
    Last edited by Kev0909; 29th August 2021 at 08:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    I think Mane is waining a bit. he doesnt seem as fluent has he use to. hes played an hell of a lot of football in the last few years
    Leeds, Crystal Palace and Brentford are our next 3 League matches. I think they'll give him a chance to get back into a bit of a rhythm. He was never going to go from some of his worst form in a Liverpool shirt to being at his scintillating best.

I also think the Chelsea game is a bad barometer. They had more behind the ball than they normally would (and are defensively stubborn with 11 on the pitch) plus Robertson was having a poor game by his high standards - AND Henderson was more on the left (plus not having his best match) so the "triangle" of Robertson/Mane/Henderson wasn't functioning terribly well, whereas Trent/Salah/Elliott was showing good signs - though Salah was ending up wide a lot where I'd want him more central.

A lovely finish against Burnley just 8 days ago as well. Worth keeping a close eye on him, but I don't think it's a problem yet.
    Your hobbies are rollerblading and you're also a bit of a rat-hound? Steel Wool
    Sid knows he's crazy and he likes it. Balinkay

Robbo has been decidedly average for a long time Sid. Upped his game a little more of late but nothing like his best form - and in general for a good year he has been struggling.

Quote Originally Posted by Kev0909 View Post
    Another player that's a bit over-hyped and people living off a couple of seasons ago

Before anyone isn't very happy, no i'm not calling him shit, but he's not world class

World class, or at least top level = Salah, Allison, VVD, trent will get there he's close.
    P.S my "3" Miller xoxoxo quite far off 7.

I can remember the seasons previous to our cl win and pl win under klopp we had periods of bad form but could always reconcile that we were on a definite upward trajectory that if it followed through looked certain to yield some trophies. To me now we can say with almost certainty that the core of our swayed aha peaked and began a slow decline which is natural. The problem is it’s going to be accelerated by our refusal to freshen up key areas. It’s going to bite us before klopp leaves.

Yeah Kev but you are forgetting Alisson for a start and I think you are mistaking form for ability, Mané on too of his game is most definitely World Class and Robbo on form, tell me a better left back?
    Oh sorry Southgate but Trent is most definitely World Class, again who is better??

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    Yeah Kev but you are forgetting Alisson for a start and I think you are mistaking form for ability, Mané on too of his game is most definitely World Class and Robbo on form, tell me a better left back?
    Oh sorry Southgate but Trent is most definitely World Class, again who is better??
    Once he improves on defending I'd agree how am i Forgetting allison when i've included him?

Maybe go specsavers which is why I said "nearly" once he improves his defending a bit, england didn't do to bad at the back without him did they? because they was solid.

Hype is the worst... See england, if we had 7 world class players we'd win something.

I guess Cancelo is shit? plenty of better attackers than mane out there i'm afraid city have about 3 or 4 of them. and PSG etc etc. not world class, good but not on salah's level.
    Last edited by Kev0909; 29th August 2021 at 12:34 PM.

Sorry missed Alisson in your post, I got so excited that you’d referenced me in a post, I couldn’t wait to respond.

Ok it’s Joel Matip then, other than one rush of blood challenge where he charged out to try and get in front of Lukaku he was excellent again yesterday.
    His aerial stats are better than Virgil’s, he’s quick, reads the game extremely well and is the perfect partner for Virgil. Who would you have ahead of Matip oh wise one?

Trent’s creativity from full back was sorely missed by England.

As it was yesterday in the second half, I have no idea why he was told to come inside and stand level with the edge of the penalty area all half, when the 10 men needed stretching.