Page 46 of 99 FirstFirst ... 363940414243444546474849505152535696 ... LastLast

Thread: January transfer window/End of summer

Some of the decision making i find to be weird. we give Adrian a new contract yet Kelleher is on the bench. Adrian could have been let go and would have given us an extra space for a foreign player in the squad.
    The lack of actually bothering to get players in, is also is strange. We obviously need cover for attacking options.The ridiculous thing is.. we want so much for Origi and yet no one is willing to buy him. and we wont budge from that.. And Origi can't even make the bench. and further more we are NOT a poor club.we have the money. But the owners dont want to part with it.

Always "next" season when the FFP comes back in to action, and then the excuse we cant spend what we dont get in.
    So we will have to sell to buy again.
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Quote Originally Posted by Taksin View Post
    Strange comment

The desire to write off good players is verging on the perverse in some people
    Fair play and nobody is writing anybody off but you honestly believe that bench is the strongest we have had in 30 years? Really?

11 of those 30 years have been on FSG’s watch and considering it has been one of the most prolonged barren spells in the club’s history EVEN if it were the strongest bench ( which it isn’t - for me at least ) that wouldn’t be saying all that much would it…?

Where are the game changers in there?

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    Some of the decision making i find to be weird. we give Adrian a new contract yet Kelleher is on the bench. Adrian could have been let go and would have given us an extra space for a foreign player in the squad.
    The lack of actually bothering to get players in, is also is strange. We obviously need cover for attacking options.The ridiculous thing is.. we want so much for Origi and yet no one is willing to buy him. and we wont budge from that.. And Origi can't even make the bench. and further more we are NOT a poor club.we have the money. But the owners dont want to part with it.

Always "next" season when the FFP comes back in to action, and then the excuse we cant spend what we dont get in.
    So we will have to sell to buy again.
    I thought Adrian was weird but were we worried Alisson would go on international duty and then have to quarantine when back ???

There are lots we dont know and I doubt we would hand out contracts to someone like him if we didnt need to.

There are clubs spending abit now but give it a few months we coukd be playing in stadiums with reduced crowds again or another lockdown something people seem to be forget.

I think Klopp and FSG deserve to be trusted. If we’re way off in January, my knife will be out like everyone else’s. and this crap about “game changers” sitting on the bench… they’d be playing if they were good enough. The game yesterday was exciting but not indicative of the season - still far too early.

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    Fair play and nobody is writing anybody off but you honestly believe that bench is the strongest we have had in 30 years? Really?
    That's what I said. If you can show me a stronger one I'd be interested but I've been looking at who's on the bench for thirty years and yesterday I did have that thought.

And I think you were writing them off when you said this;

"Enough to send shivers down the spine."

11 of those 30 years have been on FSG’s watch and considering it has been one of the most prolonged barren spells in the club’s history EVEN if it were the strongest bench ( which it isn’t - for me at least ) that wouldn’t be saying all that much would it…?
    We have had some weak benches in that period of time. Some very weak ones. This one looks strong to me and so that is saying much, actually.

You seem a bit obsessed with FSG.

Where are the game changers in there?
    I didn't say it was full of 'game changers' because I don't think in footballing clichés. All players can change the game if the manager can use them to alter the pattern of play.

I would say a strong bench is full of players who can be drawn upon to fill in for the injured or tired, keep the high quality of play going without exposing all of a sudden weaknesses in certain areas. People were calling for Tsimikas to come on and improve play yesterday and we wouldn't have been doing that last season. Things have changed.

The only weak player on that bench that I can see is Minamino and in my opinion he may well turn out to be a surprise package this season. We will only find out if I'm right if he starts to come off the bench.

If you are already writing off Thiago (which you do by asking who is a game changer) then I think you are being premature in your dismissal of a fine and very experienced talent and that is not conducive to good moral or to, presumably, a balanced state of mind. You can't pin all your hopes on Klopp's talent when Klopp clearly wants Thiago here and wants to rely upon him.

You do spin lots or rubbish Taksin creating false arguments based on your own misunderstandings - generally leaving all manner of a mess in here:

You need to re read all my comments on Thiago for a kick off. I was one of the few defending him last season. I have always rated him too, but Thiago does not make our bench the strongest in 30 years. He was only on the bench largely due to an 18 year old making his first premier league start.

We all know your belief in the owners and how they are more important than the manager. It is probably what leads you to exaggerate the quality and depth of our squad.

This is what led me to ask - if crack was handed out on the NHS or if you were on a private arrangement?

Laughable stuff
    Last edited by Steveo; 29th August 2021 at 05:35 PM.

Short on facts and saying what you actually think as usual..

You said the bench sends a shiver down your spine and asked who the games changers were.. Thiago is on the bench. I'm not 'creating false arguments based on your own misunderstandings'. On the contrary, I'm following what you're saying very closely, which is something you might try doing with your own comments too. Conversation would improve dramatically.

I was asking you to name the game changers - you seem to have mentioned one who would normally be on the pitch with Ellliott on the bench.

Not really your game this is it Taksin?

Seeing as you are already digging please enlighten us all on my comments regarding Thiago…
    Last edited by Steveo; 29th August 2021 at 05:45 PM.

I was asking you to name the game changers - you seem to have mentioned one who would normally be on the pitch with Ellliott on the bench.

Not really your game this is it Taksin?

Seeing as you are already digging please enlighten us all on my comments regarding Thiago…
    Elliot isn't on that bench. No idea what you're on about..

If you think Elliot should be on the bench then take your complaint to Jurgen - he played his strongest team against, in my opinion, his strongest opponent.

I haven't referenced your comments about Thiago - you wrote off the bench and he is on that bench. There has been plenty of negativity about the players on here recently, given a longer leash in the last 24 hrs as there seems to be a view that yesterday was a bad performance and indicates that we're doomed. It doesn't take much for doom mongers to indulge themselves.

You still haven't said which was the stronger bench in the last 30 years in your confident opinion - and you haven't said why this bench sends a shiver down your spine. Those are actually the key facts to this disagreement but you'd rather get lost in stuff about the NHS and finish on 'laughable' - your usual tactics when you can't follow through on a disagreement in an honest manner.

You haven’t referenced them because if you did it would shoot your false narrative down.

I have consistently stated that Thiago is our most gifted technician and as such needs better technicians to work at his best. He was instrumental in our miraculous top 4 finish last season and I defended him throughout the disaster spell - so you need to stop trying to paint black as white.

Your bench consists of 9 players BTW ? 9

Here’s the bench from the Barcelona semi final.

And this is a bench with a first 11 minus Salah and Firmino.

G Wijnaldum
    D Sturridge
    A Gomez
    D Lovren
    R Brewster
    S Mignolet
    B woodburn

EDIT:
    FYI due to Salah and Firmino being absent that means you have to take out a couple and add Shaqiri and. Origi to it. Or just add them to it if you want 9
    Last edited by Steveo; 29th August 2021 at 06:12 PM.