Page 5 of 99 FirstFirst 1234567891011121555 ... LastLast

Thread: January transfer window/End of summer

The difference is spurs and arsenal have been average for ages, they've not won the PL and CL....

we're not fighting for 6th spot. then again with FSG's ambition we probably will be soon enough.

Arsenal had some very good youngsters on the bench to come on, and sometimes a few out of form Senior players,Spurs have some options too, but Mourinho was Mourinho and very negative, to the point Alli couldn't get in the squad and under the right manager that lad can play, same with that Le celso he can play too, but positive football....

Also leicester, have some good options, you underrate Leicesters squad, Iheanacho didn't always start remember, and look at him banging them in, replace him with origi any day, now they've got Daka too, game changers when you need to score, barnes and praet don't play all the time either, and they can make a difference

Even wolves have a couple, granted they was shit last season but yeah looks like arsenal are looking to sign Odegaard too, they're making some moves, still a long way away from us mind.. but at this rate other clubs will catch up, surprised about evertons lack of activity.

We was rather solid even with the CB crisis last season, yet we lacked goals, goals goals sometimes, and was very reliant on Salah bailing us, as he did many of times, granted he missed a lot too but yeah.
    Last edited by Kev0909; 13th August 2021 at 03:42 PM.

Yeah true but I guess it depends what we are fighting for.

I see City winning it easily again and once UEFA shoehorn their new rules in it gets even worse for everyone else.

I hope i'm wrong but I see us fighting for 4th with Leicester probably, hopefully utd's signings don't click, chelsea's squad is pretty amazing, I don't think they'll challenge city though but who knows.

Don't think utd will get close to winning the league, I hope not anyway I think it'll be city chelsea utd/liverpool personally.

I hope PSG go out early in the champions league, hopefully by us, that'll be rather hilarious.

Well yeah true Kev I think that will be the top 4.

Quite a few people defended Gini but with what PSG have done and their owner pretty much running UEFA it looks like he got tapped up early.

PSG have great players on paper but too many ego's can ruin you they will walk the league but its the CL they badly want.

The dismissal of a squad that produced possibly the most dominant League season in English football history is utterly bizarre to me, though I respect people's rights to be pessimistic and concerned.

We could all go in circles on the ifs-buts-and-maybes of which rivals will/won't click and how many injuries we will/won't have. With rivals for example, for every person who sees Man United as becoming a force again, there will be someone else pointing out that they lost 3 of their first 7 League games last season and can count themselves lucky there weren't fans in the stadium to boo Solskjaer out of a job and face another change of "philosophy" going forward and more mix/match squad issues.

One thing we can all agree on is the first-team being boss. I do think we have more quality of depth than people think, but that's subjective. Should Alisson and Adrian be injured simultaneously (unlikely) we have Kelleher. Should Gomez, Van Dijk and Matip end up simultaneously injured AGAIN (unlikely), we'll have Konate this time. Should Henderson, Thiago and Fabinho be simultaneously injured (unlikely), we have varying degrees of "options" in Milner/Ox/Keita/Jones/Elliott. Should Mane, Salah and Firmino end up simultaneously injured (shiiiiiiit ) we'll still have Minamino/Ox/Elliott/Origi if he isn't sold.

We have a defensive unit that is very capable of clean sheets and an attacking unit that is very capable of getting 2 goals in a game. Our midfield unit is capable of assisting the defence, of sitting in, of winning the ball back and providing assists to supplement the attack. Our full-back pairing is the envy of World football in the creative sense. This is a very good combination of things and we aren't going to fall off a cliff.

Remind yourselves also that some of the best and most competitive players in their positions in World Football have committed their long-term futures to us. They are hyper-ambitious lads and clearly don't see the wheels falling off this train yet.

All aboard the positivity train - peep peeeeeep!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Kev0909 View Post
    Who's going to come on and change the game? we saw it plenty of times last season, fuck all.

Only player is jota, and that's if he gets back to form he was before injury, and it wasn't just a honeymoon period.

Origi?? fuck me, when was the last time he did anything? he comes on and looks as arsed as I am at work, difference is i'm not playing for a top club with huge wages.

If jota gets that form back, he should be ahead of firmino, anyway, and he's not going to change the game off the bench, more likely crouch would (firmino that is)

Although at least the CB position is solid, that's about it in terms of good depth, maybe midfield depending on injury's but wij is a huge loss when half of them spend the season injured, I don't see a couple of players suddenly changing and being reliable, and 7/10 constantly. Jones isn't good enough yet, hopefully he will be, Milner isn't a spring chicken anymore, Keita and Ox are always injured and frankly I don't think they're good enough to be in a challenging squad, even henderson gets injured more often now...

Remember a lot of people saying we need to freshen up a little, have another option etc, yeah suppose we can throw konate up front, or phillips as a target man, probably get more goals than firmino.

If elliot kicks on like we really need him to, then that's another option but it's too soon to put everything on him, harry wilson looks good in the championship, albeit alot older.

I should rephrase, other teams have players, that can actually make more of a impact than our bench.

I of course, hope i'm wrong afterall, I want us to do the best we can, but.... yeah
    I’d pay good money to see you in a one on one discussion with Klopp!

Quote Originally Posted by huyrob View Post
    I’d pay good money to see you in a one on one discussion with Klopp!
    Haha! Exactly

It’s such a shame FSG have no ambition beyond coming 8th

Quote Originally Posted by TheDOC1979 View Post
    Klopp has come out and said “we can’t spend money we don’t have” so we is skint innit.

Guess that ends the debate…
    Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    we have been selling players left right and centre. wheres that money gone? oh yeah for Konata and players contracts and their wages..
    Quote Originally Posted by Taksin View Post
    Haha! Exactly

It’s such a shame FSG have no ambition beyond coming 8th
    Their ambition is to line their billionaire pockets.
    Anything else is a bonus.

Quote Originally Posted by redebreck View Post
    Their ambition is to line their billionaire pockets.
    Anything else is a bonus.
    It’s not only a bonus it’s a miracle

Let’s keep the clichés coming thick and fast. All hope is lost. We are shit let’s not kid ourselves

Now that’s going too far Taksin.

We know you - and your new Bessie - real or imagined - come out to play the minute the owners are questioned…but seriously… This Uturn is too much…very harsh indeed.