Page 50 of 99 FirstFirst ... 4043444546474849505152535455565760 ... LastLast

Thread: January transfer window/End of summer

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    A question based on what? Not ever seeing Konate kick a ball?

Yea that works - it’s a stupid question in the extreme.

Hopefully Konate turns out to be spectacular - he seems to have the potential.. Until that is witnessed it’s Lovren all day long.
    It’s a question that Klopp and the club answered to the tune of what, £35 million?

But you think it can’t be answered.

Preferring Lovren is fine. Just say it and be honest.

You would not get rid of Lovren and you would not sign Konate. That’s what you’re saying

Quote Originally Posted by Taksin View Post
    It’s a question that Klopp and the club answered to the tune of what, £35 million?

But you think it can’t be answered.

Preferring Lovren is fine. Just say it and be honest.

You would not get rid of Lovren and you would not sign Konate. That’s what you’re saying
    How can any of us say we'd rather sign Konate when he hasnt played? Might be a beast might be a dud. Ask again at the end of the season maybe, that's if he's even had a few games.

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    How can any of us say we'd rather sign Konate when he hasnt played? Might be a beast might be a dud. Ask again at the end of the season maybe, that's if he's even had a few games.
    There’s no shortage of players people want to sign on this forum. Like Saul Niguez, Bissouma and Doku, for example. People get excited about players who they haven’t seen much of. They see them as strengthening the squad presumably.

Why get all coy now about someone who we actually have seen playing in a Liverpool shirt and also in France for club and country? He’s obviously an exciting prospect. But all of a sudden we have to wait and see if the club have strengthened.

Clearly Klopp saw Lovren as being not good enough. You’re free to have your own opinion but I’d say having Konate on the bench is a sign of strength - the verdict is in on Lovren and he wasn’t really good enough.

Anyway, disagreeing with me about the players is to be expected but denying the question can be asked is being a bit obtuse. Steveo accused me of being on crack for saying the bench was strong - so a negative judgement is allowed - why isn’t a positive judgement allowed?

Quote Originally Posted by LFC-DPG View Post
    Some rumours going around Twitter that Villa are sniffing around Jones. (No reliable sources are reporting it)

Would be interesting to see if a decent £20m offer would be enough to tempt F$G.
    In a world where Jack Grealish is "worth" £100m, I'd be looking far more than £15m for a promising English talent with a good injury record who is hard to shake off the ball.

Loan only at this stage I’d have thought but then, he’s English and we’d need a replacement

Quote Originally Posted by Taksin View Post
    There’s no shortage of players people want to sign on this forum. Like Saul Niguez, Bissouma and Doku, for example. People get excited about players who they haven’t seen much of. They see them as strengthening the squad presumably.

Why get all coy now about someone who we actually have seen playing in a Liverpool shirt and also in France for club and country? He’s obviously an exciting prospect. But all of a sudden we have to wait and see if the club have strengthened.

Clearly Klopp saw Lovren as being not good enough. You’re free to have your own opinion but I’d say having Konate on the bench is a sign of strength - the verdict is in on Lovren and he wasn’t really good enough.

Anyway, disagreeing with me about the players is to be expected but denying the question can be asked is being a bit obtuse. Steveo accused me of being on crack for saying the bench was strong - so a negative judgement is allowed - why isn’t a positive judgement allowed?
    I'm not saying it isn't. People having different opinions is what's good about the forum.
    I'm not disagreeing that it's strengthening I'm just saying we don't know if he'll be good. He's played little football in the last year and has had injuries.
    If at the start if the summer you were told hes going to be our only signing would you have been content with it?
    I wouldn't. I certainly didn't expect to have only brought in one player, especially when you look at the outgoings. It's massively disappointing, I don't know how anyone can say it isn't.

He is a good signing on paper. As yet an unknown quantity in the Premier league. He arrives a year too late. That huge effort and miraculous end of season form still only enough for us to make top 4 on the last day. It could yet have drained an already fatigued squad to the limit. Let’s see how we are coping after Christmas eh.

To cite Konate as a boon - when to date - he is the only signing this summer - at this stage is a huge reach.

The NHS/private plan quip about ‘crack’ was not an accusation, but an obvious joke. I didn’t make it because it was suggested that we had a “strong” bench… but because it was described as “the strongest” we have had in 30 years. A comment even the clubs PR department would find cringeworthy at this moment in time.

Despite the obvious lack of investment in new blood I fully expect a continued pretence that black is white.

Also I don’t know how anyone has seen Konate play a senior game for his country.. As yet an under 21. Parallel universe?

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    In a world where Jack Grealish is "worth" £100m, I'd be looking far more than £15m for a promising English talent with a good injury record who is hard to shake off the ball.
    Probably not much more than 15 though I'd say. What has he done? He's had a handful of decent games and thats it. Looked like he was on an upward curve but then dropped off massively ( he wasn't alone in that though last season obviously).

He looks like he has the ability but plays it safe too much. A loan would do him good, we would probably have disagreed at the beginning of last season but that was when he should have gone somewhere in the championship. You just have to look at the development in Mount to see the benefit of it but he was included as part of our squad because they didn't think it was necessary.

Jones should go on loan. Right now he is our 8th choice midfielder and he will barely play all season. A season in the championship has done wonders for Elliott and Jones will stagnate if he isn't playing