Page 51 of 99 FirstFirst ... 4144454647484950515253545556575861 ... LastLast

Thread: January transfer window/End of summer

Michael Edwards apparently leaving at the end of the season.

That's a concern.

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post

That's a concern.
    There were rumours last week that Real Madrid have poached him.

He’s probably a bit run down with all the transfer activity at Liverpool and wants a bit of a break.

That's a concern.
    Doomed..

I tell ya, this season is the start of fighting for 4th every season again, and slowly but surely, in a few seasons, being in the europa cup and trying to get into top 4

Who'd of thought it with little investment

Happy monday vibe folks.

Quote Originally Posted by Kev0909 View Post
    Doomed..

I tell ya, this season is the start of fighting for 4th every season again, and slowly but surely, in a few seasons, being in the europa cup and trying to get into top 4

Who'd of thought it with little investment

Happy monday vibe folks.
    Hard to disagree with that Kev and that's what I foresee too. Being risk averse is fine, just don't expect to be at the business end in a few years time when the frugality has caught up.
    It's great maximising all possible outputs etc but the major investment in top players is what makes clubs competitive, especially when you have a once in a generation manager.
    The likes of Nike walk away if you aren't at the top. Remember when they wouldnt touch us with a bardge pole and even Adidas binned us off because we were going nowhere.

Quote Originally Posted by LFC-DPG View Post
    He’s probably a bit run down with all the transfer activity at Liverpool and wants a bit of a break.

Brilliant

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    Also I don’t know how anyone has seen Konate play a senior game for his country.. As yet an under 21. Parallel universe?
    He's played for France under 21s, who play in this universe as far as I'm aware

That's a concern.
    Looks like Julian Ward is going to take over. I wonder if he's edged him out?

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    He is a good signing on paper. As yet an unknown quantity in the Premier league. He arrives a year too late. That huge effort and miraculous end of season form still only enough for us to make top 4 on the last day. It could yet have drained an already fatigued squad to the limit. Let’s see how we are coping after Christmas eh.

To cite Konate as a boon - when to date - he is the only signing this summer - at this stage is a huge reach.

The NHS/private plan quip about ‘crack’ was not an accusation, but an obvious joke. I didn’t make it because it was suggested that we had a “strong” bench… but because it was described as “the strongest” we have had in 30 years. A comment even the clubs PR department would find cringeworthy at this moment in time.

Despite the obvious lack of investment in new blood I fully expect a continued pretence that black is white.
    This is all irrelevant. I said the bench looked as strong as I've seen it in 30 years. You said it sent a shiver down your spine. Whether he's a year late or not is neither here nor there

Quote Originally Posted by Taksin View Post
    He's played for France under 21s, who play in this universe as far as I'm aware
    That doesn’t really equate with playing for your country. The statement suggests we have seen him play for France - and he has a full international cap.

Or did you choose to omit under 21?

Quote Originally Posted by Taksin View Post
    This is all irrelevant. I said the bench looked as strong as I've seen it in 30 years. You said it sent a shiver down your spine. Whether he's a year late or not is neither here nor there
    I think you are neither here nor there.