Page 54 of 99 FirstFirst ... 44447484950515253545556575859606164 ... LastLast

Thread: January transfer window/End of summer

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    Sorry… and this is the last time I respond until you do the following.

How many minutes has Konate racked up in the premier league and at international level?
    You know the answer to that question so knock yourself out with your own brilliance. You are wonderful

If you prefer Lovren that's fine Steveo. All you have to do now is find a bench with Lovren on it that looks stronger than the bench on Saturday (for a big game where we're not resting players). The one you chose looked much weaker overall to me.

Of course no one has to do anything on a forum like this but it would seem the decent thing to do after your mocking comments about smoking crack etc. and your preoccupation with Lovren's achievements with Croatia. I don't want Lovren on the bench when we are playing Chelsea - even Lovren from 18 months ago. Neither does Klopp evidently. I'll take my chances with Konate, thanks

But it's the entirety of what's on the bench now that I was referring to. You have done nothing to change my mind.

I don’t need to look for any bench at all. I even posted one that was severely weakened from just 2 seasons back.

You think the bench on Saturday was the strongest you have witnessed in 30 years. So strong we blasted 10 men off the pitch at L4!

That’s fine Taksin. BTW I didn’t expect to change your mind. We all have different opinions thank god.

I have my view and felt compelled to make a joke. I thought it was funny as I honestly thought the claim was ridiculous.

Perhaps we should move on to any potential movement this transfer window?

I even posted one that was severely weakened from just 2 seasons back.
    Which is a strange tactic

You think the bench on Saturday was the strongest you have witnessed in 30 years. So strong we blasted 10 men off the pitch at L4!
    This is an argument, but not a sound one.

I thought it was funny as I honestly thought the claim was ridiculous.
    Having a difference of opinion is one thing. Ridiculing an opinion implies you are confident in your position to the extent that you could easily refute it. You haven't

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    Whoever signed off on giving Ox 120k a week needs a massive boot up the arse. It's fucking disgraceful. No way we are shifting that, hes there for the duration.
    Should never have been signed.

Quote Originally Posted by Taksin View Post
    This is an argument, but not a sound one.
    Not a sound argument?

Even when the manager can’t bring on anyone against ten men with the strongest bench in 30 years….?

Seems sound as a pound to me.

Keep trying…

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    Michael Edwards apparently leaving at the end of the season.

That's a concern.
    Interesting development isn’t it. When we were winning 19/6 it seemed we could do no wrong in the transfer market. In hindsight we’ve signed quite a few players who’ve not lived up to expectations. Fab vvd and Allison are the last unquestionable signings we made

Quote Originally Posted by eggy81 View Post
    Interesting development isn’t it. When we were winning 19/6 it seemed we could do no wrong in the transfer market. In hindsight we’ve signed quite a few players who’ve not lived up to expectations. Fab vvd and Allison are the last unquestionable signings we made
    I think Jota is on the way to exceeding expectations but Thiago looks like one of those players who won't adapt to the pace of the English game. We haven't seen anything of Konate yet but time will tell. The big problem is that those are the only major signings we've made since Alisson over 3 years ago

Quote Originally Posted by eggy81 View Post
    Good point. Maybe they've looked and thought times up. Struggling to get anywhere close to value on sales too but thats not his fault, if anything he did too well in previous seasons.
    Might just be a case of a guy moving on and both parties are happy with that?

Even when the manager can’t bring on anyone against ten men with the strongest bench in 30 years….?
    He brought on Thiago, Jota and Tsimikas. All players we would be happy to see in the starting line up, which was the basis of my point.

If you want to wet your knickers because things didn't turn out perfectly, it's going to be a long season for you and those who read your thoughts on here.

Quote Originally Posted by reddownunder View Post
    I think Jota is on the way to exceeding expectations but Thiago looks like one of those players who won't adapt to the pace of the English game. We haven't seen anything of Konate yet but time will tell. The big problem is that those are the only major signings we've made since Alisson over 3 years ago
    Agree. I forgot about jota. Good signing. I was happy we got Thiago but we need a proper power house in midfield. The frustration is that we aren’t to far off a very strong squad. Boat should be pushed out now before Tuesday and before 3 or 4 of them get injured