Page 55 of 99 FirstFirst ... 54548495051525354555657585960616265 ... LastLast

Thread: January transfer window/End of summer

Sort the midfield out before it's too late, then we have to sort the attack etc out due to age....

Quote Originally Posted by Kev0909 View Post
    Sort the midfield out before it's too late, then we have to sort the attack etc out due to age....
    I think with Firmino out we need an attacker to come in as priority.

I would have said midfield before that but ive changed my mind.

We need both imo but we are unlikely to sign one player let alone two.

Origi is now likely to be a bench man again and he will know one more injury up front he has a chance of a game.

Quote Originally Posted by LEGS View Post
    I think with Firmino out we need an attacker to come in as priority.

I would have said midfield before that but ive changed my mind.

We need both imo but we are unlikely to sign one player let alone two.

Origi is now likely to be a bench man again and he will know one more injury up front he has a chance of a game.
    And he looks about as motivated as a slug for the last 2 seasons and looked shite in pre season. I reckon our wage structure with low base but heavily bonus weighted has screwed us with some of our fringe players and our ability to shift them. Some are outrageously over paid relative to contributions
    Last edited by eggy81; 30th August 2021 at 12:34 PM.

Too late now and has been for at least a week. No one is letting their better players go with no time to replace them. Their fees would be astronomical.
    Pretty clear the problem is no one wants our cast offs, the like of Origi are not good enough to pay the sort of wages the player will demand or fee we are trying to get.

We were never buying anyone other than Konate.

We've gone from a constant boom in the transfer market to a literally muted fart.
    An absolute downer.
    Id love to take Coutinho back right now.

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    Too late now and has been for at least a week. No one is letting their better players go with no time to replace them.
    I too feel our transfer business is done for this window.

There are clubs out there with wage issues. Should the hierarchy feel we need a player, a loan would be an option we might explore, much as I don't see it happening.

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    We've gone from a constant boom in the transfer market to a literally muted fart.
    An absolute downer.
    Id love to take Coutinho back right now.
    Coutinho has had a bad injury last year and missed 8-9 months I think that is why nobody has took him on loan.

With Miller here if we were going to buy someone it would have been done when Shaqiri left.

I thought we would sign two/three players this summer but its looking like we wont now.

The concern with Bobby being out is the other 3 know they will be selected no matter what.

Looking like Michael Edwards may leave. Guess hes not getting paid has much as he would like either.(in my opinion)
    Since the pandemic and the ridiculous actions of failed super league..I think the owners have become very spiteful and refuse to cut the purse strings. They aint parting with any money. The selling of players this season has gone to fun the players wages when they resigned (again in my opinion) we havent signed anyone apart from Konata.. Because other clubs dont want to us buy their players over 3/4 seasons like Thiago.. They want the money up front and thats where the stumbling block comes in
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Quote Originally Posted by LEGS View Post
    Coutinho has had a bad injury last year and missed 8-9 months I think that is why nobody has took him on loan.

With Miller here if we were going to buy someone it would have been done when Shaqiri left.

I thought we would sign two/three players this summer but its looking like we wont now.

The concern with Bobby being out is the other 3 know they will be selected no matter what.
    Ah right, didn't realise his injury kept him out that long. It's been really deflating this summer. We all had high hopes for atleast 2 of the 3 we required.

FSG trying to persuade Edwards to stay. Probably offer him a raise but over 4 years like they pay for transfers. "10 percent raise Michael,.........but 2.5 percent each year over the next 4. How's that grab you fella?"

Hes been at the club 10 years. Didn't realise it was that long.