Page 56 of 99 FirstFirst ... 64649505152535455565758596061626366 ... LastLast

Thread: January transfer window/End of summer

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    FSG trying to persuade Edwards to stay. Probably offer him a raise but over 4 years like they pay for transfers. "10 percent raise Michael,.........but 2.5 percent each year over the next 4. How's that grab you fella?"
    Yep seems about right.

The whole thing started with the pandemic and the owners wanting the government to fund the staff through furlough.
    They were never gonna cough up money themselves so took the money away from possible transfers..
    That lead to their ill thought out plan to join the super league again meaning the money would come from the club finacies and not from their own pocket. Since then everything has been done ona tight shoe string budget..

The biggest thing here though is, we are far from being poor we are a very rich club..
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Can’t blame Origi to be honest. Lives a life of luxury, family settled, earns a wage most of us could only dream of and doesn’t have to do a lot others that keep Klopp happy in training.

It’s not his fault someone offered him a daft contract on the back of a champions league victory.

If Sportrac are to be believed - if he stays until the end of his contract (2024) he will have earned over £24million in wages.
    Last edited by LFC-DPG; 30th August 2021 at 01:54 PM.

Don’t ever let anyone call you cynical tees…

Kabak heading to Norwich on loan with option to buy. Good signing for them

Quote Originally Posted by Taksin View Post
    He brought on Thiago, Jota and Tsimikas. All players we would be happy to see in the starting line up, which was the basis of my point.

If you want to wet your knickers because things didn't turn out perfectly, it's going to be a long season for you and those who read your thoughts on here.
    So you didn’t watch the game then..? Those of us who did know that Jota came on in the first half for an injured Bobby.

Second half against the 10 - Mané was labouring and nothing was done… none of your golden boys seemed worth a go - nothing at all. 74 mins and Hendo was gassed so on came Thiago who would likely have started in place of Elliot were he fit - as we all know.

Tsimikas?… on 88 minutes…forgive me but he was brought on late to win the game…?

You must really try harder.

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    Yep seems about right.

The whole thing started with the pandemic and the owners wanting the government to fund the staff through furlough.
    They were never gonna cough up money themselves so took the money away from possible transfers..
    That lead to their ill thought out plan to join the super league again meaning the money would come from the club finacies and not from their own pocket. Since then everything has been done ona tight shoe string budget..

The biggest thing here though is, we are far from being poor we are a very rich club..
    Indeed I thought so too. I really believed Liverpool FC had returned to the big time.

If you can’t invest properly after a European cup - 2 finals in 2 years and a bloody league title the year after - then you have a big old problem with the model.’

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    Don’t ever let anyone call you cynical tees…
    Haha, or just a miserable sod.

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    Haha, or just a miserable sod.
    Nothing wrong with that tees - at least you aren’t quite at my level of cynicism yet - I hope.

Seems Keita’s agent or someone in his camp has criticised Klopp for not playing him against Chelsea… Clearly the inclusion of Elliott has ruffled a few feathers

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    So you didn’t watch the game then..?
    I did watch the game

Those of us who did know that Jota came on in the first half for an injured Bobby.
    I know this too

Second half against the 10 - Mané was labouring and nothing was done…
    So you wanted to substitute him? I didn't realise that plan was agreed with Klopp. If you are outraged that some of the players got tired in that game, I am sorry for your suffering. One day, maybe, things will be perfect.

none of your golden boys seemed worth a go - nothing at all.
    My golden boys are merely the players on the bench, who offered plenty of strength - all of them could have played from the start and would represent a reliable option that would not strike fear into the hearts of the fans (except perhaps the one I mentioned at the beginning of this exchange).

That doesn't mean I think the bench was perfect or could not be improved. I have said I wish we would make further signings. But the statement I made was that it was the strongest bench I think I've seen in 30 years, not that it was the perfect bench and not that each player is perfect or golden. You have done nothing to challenge that belief with your histrionics.

74 mins and Hendo was gassed so on came Thiago who would likely have started in place of Elliot were he fit - as we all know.
    That's a good option to have on the bench when your captain is gassed, isn't it?

We don't all know that Klopp would automatically chose Thiago - he seems to like what Elliot has to offer. I'm pretty certain he would have started with Thiago if he didn't, so your own certainty looks a bit silly to me.

Tsimikas?… on 88 minutes…forgive me but he was brought on late to win the game…?
    86 minutes, according to the BBC. Your internal monologue about game changers and the effects on the pitch is irrelevant to my point. I stated he was a part of a strong bench - many on here seemed to prefer him to Robertson, which tells you how highly he has risen in the estimation of fans. More evidence to support my simple observation.

You must really try harder.
    I don't have to try when you are not arguing against what I said. I can relax.