Page 58 of 99 FirstFirst ... 84851525354555657585960616263646568 ... LastLast

Thread: January transfer window/End of summer

Quote Originally Posted by TheDOC1979 View Post
    Madrid walking away from Mbappe.

Edwards parting gift to us?
    Until next summer.

PSG just kissed goodbye to 150 million,. thats how rich they are. they can just blow it off like its monolopy money.
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Different sources (none I'd put my hat on) saying Arsenal/Fiorentina/Celtic possible destinations for Origi.

Will be interesting to see if there's a dramatic final day.

Also Leeds paying £25m (or more?!?!) for Dan James - I am so confused by the prices in this market.

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    Different sources (none I'd put my hat on) saying Arsenal/Fiorentina/Celtic possible destinations for Origi.

Will be interesting to see if there's a dramatic final day.

Also Leeds paying £25m (or more?!?!) for Dan James - I am so confused by the prices in this market.
    Rafinha here we come.

Quote Originally Posted by eggy81 View Post
    Rafinha here we come.
    Eduard is linked with a £15-20m move to Palace.

If we did deal with Celtic (a legit bid from them for Origi) we could explore Edouard. Knows how to score goals, good age.

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    Eduard is linked with a £15-20m move to Palace.

If we did deal with Celtic (a legit bid from them for Origi) we could explore Edouard. Knows how to score goals, good age.
    Having seen Edouard play he absolutely isnt good enough for us.

Origi is here until 2042 he wont ever play but he has 20 years on his contract still !!

It wouldnt shock me if we loaned Origi and didnt buy anyone that is how stupid we are regardless of how everyone talks up Edwards.

Mikkel Daamsgard is being linked in several sources, none especially reliable, except The Guardian. Young, tidy player, likes to dribble, likes a Zidane turn or whatever its called. Maybe as a Dane he is a Liverpool fan, or is that only Norwegians? Can see him playing in Mane's position during the ACN

BBC reporting £30m for James

Leeds United are closing in on a club record £30m deal to sign Manchester United winger Daniel James.

Leeds coach Marcelo Bielsa has been keeping a close eye on James ever since the Welshman's move to Elland Road from Swansea collapsed in January 2019.

James subsequently joined United that summer and has scored nine goals in 74 appearances for the Red Devils.

Leeds were thinking about making a move during the last summer window but brought in Brazilian Raphinha instead.

However, with James facing an uncertain Manchester United future once the arrival of Cristiano Ronaldo from Juventus is confirmed, Bielsa has gone back in for the 23-year-old.

It is understood a fee has been agreed in principle, with only the final details remaining to be completed.

Quote Originally Posted by LEGS View Post
    Having seen Edouard play he absolutely isnt good enough for us.

Origi is here until 2042 he wont ever play but he has 20 years on his contract still !!

It wouldnt shock me if we loaned Origi and didnt buy anyone that is how stupid we are regardless of how everyone talks up Edwards.
    77 goals in 150 appearances with Celtic isn't bad. He starts regularly, is relatively young, knows how to score. Could he be so terrible for, let's say, £10m net (and perhaps lower wages than Origi's) if we bought him for £20m and Celtic got Origi for £10m? I don't watch the Scottish football, so am looking purely statistically and am aware it's a weaker League.

As for a loan, yes Origi is an "option" and I'd rather not remove one from the equation, but he only played something like 180 minutes of League football last season - he'd hardly be a huge miss.

He is absolutely not a better option than Div.
    Watched him again on Sunday v Rangers, he was shocking and missed an absolute sitter, only had to tap it in from close range and missed the target by a mile.