Page 59 of 99 FirstFirst ... 94952535455565758596061626364656669 ... LastLast

Thread: January transfer window/End of summer

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    He is absolutely not a better option than Div.
    Watched him again on Sunday v Rangers, he was shocking and missed an absolute sitter, only had to tap it in from close range and missed the target by a mile.
    Fit right in with our attackers then...

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    He is absolutely not a better option than Div.
    Watched him again on Sunday v Rangers, he was shocking and missed an absolute sitter, only had to tap it in from close range and missed the target by a mile.
    Fair enough. Do you watch many Scottish games? I generally avoid them.

On paper (and it's all I'm going on, can't shy from that) a lad 3-years younger with a consistent goal-scoring record who could yet be further moulded/improved by one of the World's best managers seems to me to (possibly) be a better option at 5th/6th choice attacker than a 26-year old who Klopp has seen plenty of yet doesn't fully trust - if ever Origi was going to get game time, last season's injury crisis surely should have been it on paper, yet he got very few minutes.

Bezzie mate is a Rangers fan so I do see a fair bit.
    Inverness is my Scottish team as I regularly go up there with the family. They’ve been stuck down in the Championship for a few years now mind, though their victory against early league leaders Kilmarnock at the weekend was encouraging.

Cheers for that miller. Always prefer hearing things over a larger sample size. Take Sterling - you could probably put together at least 20 tame finishes/missed sitters/open-net misses, yet still gets goals through taking up good positions.

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    77 goals in 150 appearances with Celtic isn't bad. He starts regularly, is relatively young, knows how to score. Could he be so terrible for, let's say, £10m net (and perhaps lower wages than Origi's) if we bought him for £20m and Celtic got Origi for £10m? I don't watch the Scottish football, so am looking purely statistically and am aware it's a weaker League.

As for a loan, yes Origi is an "option" and I'd rather not remove one from the equation, but he only played something like 180 minutes of League football last season - he'd hardly be a huge miss.
    I just don’t think he suits our style at all he is going to Palace by looks of it.

In Eduard’s defence, I suppose you could say he’s wanted out for at least a year and his performances may be reflecting his total lack of motivation

Quote Originally Posted by LEGS View Post
    Having seen Edouard play he absolutely isnt good enough for us.

Origi is here until 2042 he wont ever play but he has 20 years on his contract still !!

It wouldnt shock me if we loaned Origi and didnt buy anyone that is how stupid we are regardless of how everyone talks up Edwards.
    Your last part is 100% the most likely of all the possible outcomes.

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    Your last part is 100% the most likely of all the possible outcomes.
    Nothing has been said about Firmino yet which is odd or are we saying nothing until after tomorrow ?

It’s either he has a bad one and we don’t want clubs to know we are desperate or we are signing nobody so we keep quiet then let this news out Wednesday when fans can’t demand a signing.

Quote Originally Posted by LEGS View Post
    Nothing has been said about Firmino yet which is odd or are we saying nothing until after tomorrow ?

It’s either he has a bad one and we don’t want clubs to know we are desperate or we are signing nobody so we keep quiet then let this news out Wednesday when fans can’t demand a signing.
    Klopp said it he's not good in the interview after the game. It is quite odd that there's no update.
    I'll be amazed if anyone comes in.

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    Klopp said it he's not good in the interview after the game. It is quite odd that there's no update.
    I'll be amazed if anyone comes in.
    He did but added hopefully ok so I took that to mean 4-6 weeks out.

There is a chance it could be worse which brings Origi back into the squad.

I’ll be amazed as well as we need someone who fits our style not some random no mark who some club is desperate to sell/loan.