Page 60 of 99 FirstFirst ... 105053545556575859606162636465666770 ... LastLast

Thread: January transfer window/End of summer

We've got no money. We need to come to terms with it.

We have one plan and that's play down the wing, cross it in and hope for the best, or pass to salah and hope he doesn't run into defenders and gets dispossessed. Watch our game play, that's all we've been doing. The odd chance we'd have a pop from outside the penalty area, but that's few and far between.

I'm worried for us being able to compete this season. If, and that's a big if, we can compete and be up there, then I'd have a few slices of humble pie, but genuinely not sure with our current set up. Fuck knows what we do in training if we can't put in decent corners or have a free kick taker that can actually score. Suarez, puts it down and it's like a penalty kick. He was that good.

Positivity is great, but it's just you trying to convince yourselves and others, that "it's the same squad that won everything" Yep, its the same squad, other teams are aware of the squad and know what each players weakness is and play on it.

Robertson, thanks for what you have done for us, rate you higher than Wijnladum by miles (personally) but you either have to consider what the fuck is up with you, or step aside and let someone fresh come in and change it up a bit. Same goes to Mane, not sure what is up with him, but his form has been dud. That leaves us with 1 less attacking player from "those that won everything"

Klopp needs to take a stand, January was shit and August transfer window was abysmal. For a club that's "won everything" that is not good enough at all. He can walk, get into any managerial position and not give a fuck. Owners playing with fire here, or is it Klopp that's genuinely convinced he has a decent squad?

Thing is, I know we would all have liked a couple more new quality additions to come in and I’m confident of including Klopp in that statement but we haven’t. We took a big hit financially with the pandemic and players to improve us so not come cheap.
    It is only Utd and the oil baron clubs who have been able to spend big and that’s it. That’s the way it is.
    Disappointing yes but the level of doom and gloom is surely out of proportion to our situation.
    From our defeat at home to Fulham last season this is our sequence of Premier League results.

Wolves 0-1 Liverpool W
    Arsenal 0-3 Liverpool W
    Liverpool 2-1 Villa W
    Leeds 1-1 Liverpool D
    Liverpool 1-1 N’castle D
    Liverpool 2-0 S’oton W
    Man Utd 2-4 Liverpool W
    W Brom 1-2 Liverpool W
    Burnley 0-3 Liverpool W
    Liverpool 2-0 Palace W
    Norwich 0-3 Liverpool W
    Liverpool 2-0 Liverpool W
    Liverpool 1-1 Chelsea D

P13 W10 D3 L0 F27 A7
    Points 33/39
    Av points per game 2.54
    Over 1/3 of a season at that points Ave is a season of 96 points.

Yes we will lose one or two along the way and have other frustrating games but 27 goals in our last 13 while only conceding 7 is not a time to suggest this squad is done.

A couple of good signings and we are good to go again. Not happy we didn’t do more in the transfer market, of course I’m not. But I want to see how all this pans out before chucking myself off Southport pier.

Utd were absolutely terrible again at the weekend and but for Wolves being absolutely hideous in front of goal, would have lost. City have already lost one.

Long old season and whoever comes out on top will have to also have some luck along the way. Our luck maybe keeping in keeping key players fit, we had no luck at all with that last season but still only finished 5 points behind Utd and closer to City than they were to us the previous season.
    It really isn’t all doom gloom and despondency. Don’t think I’ll go near social media if we actually lose a couple.

Wolves are in talks to sign Portugal international midfielder Renato Sanches from Lille on loan.

People seem'd to want have a shot with him a while ago... why can't we compete for this then? or is our midfield too good? at this point i'd be looking at ripping some players contracts up

I don't know what to think of him personally. then again people also wanted to have a shot at Willian... look how that turned out

Real Madrid in talks to sign Rennes midfielder Eduardo Camavinga.. this is the signing we sort of need along these lines, top young talent..... not oaps, or crooks with no hope of getting better, I don't think jones will ever make it with us sadly as a starter anyway, but the way we're going he might be good enough to play for a mid-table team in a few years, and get a run in the sid cup

Shame we can't compete

One day people will realise, to win anything and not wait another 30 years for the title, we need new owners i'm afraid. the harsh reality, these do as little as possible, open ya eyes we was lucky to have the few seasons we did when everything clicked and players performing a lot better than usual, Klopp will always be a legend for that, but can you see us winning anything again at the moment? Thanks for everything FSG and bringing us sucess, but time to leave before it goes downhill leave on a high. Bet Klopp will start thinking this soon if this season goes to pants which it could easily do depending on a few injury's

get the white flags because we're a sinking ship we will go down with it together. A bit of fucking titanic/dido for you.

Happy monday all, tomorrow is one more day towards the weekend, positive vibes.

There's no point thinking players that havn't been good for ages will suddenly get back to the title winning levels, not a chance. you had your "7" then which i'd agree, not now though, no way.

I really hope I'm proven wrong, miracles can happen in football, as we all know, we're fast becoming the salah show.

Expect the worst, and hope for the best, then you don't get let down and anything else is a bonus/surprise.
    Last edited by Kev0909; 31st August 2021 at 12:15 AM.

Agree with DOCs comments fully. Exactly how I'm feeling- major concern.
    Theres talk of Firmino being out for months rather than weeks, if that's the case and we don't bring someone in ( don't care that we're desperate) then that sums up FSG. I seriously don't see how they expect to compete if they don't react to these types situations.

@Kev, yeah weird we've been linked probably more with Sanches than any other player this summer. Maybe his injury record has gone against him. Looked like he would have been a good addition after his Euros showings.

Good counter points from Miller too, he is right with a lot of that and its hard to argue with that sequence if results. I'm personally just erring on the side that DOC talks about in terms of attack. Defence looks no problem, its going forward. Weve lost that pace, and counter attack way
    that used to get us so many goals. Its all predictable and has been for a while.
    Last edited by teesred; 31st August 2021 at 06:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    Agree with DOCs comments fully. Exactly how I'm feeling- major concern.
    Theres talk of Firmino being out for months rather than weeks, if that's the case and we don't bring someone in ( don't care that we're desperate) then that sums up FSG. I seriously don't see how they expect to compete if they don't react to these types situations.

@Kev, yeah weird we've been linked probably more with Sanches than any other player this summer. Maybe his injury record has gone against him. Looked like he would have been a good addition after his Euros showings.

Good counter points from Miller too, he is right with a lot of that and its hard to argue with that sequence if results. I'm personally just erring on the side that DOC talks about in terms of attack. Defence looks no problem, its going forward. Weve lost that pace, and counter attack way
    that used to get us so many goals. Its all predictable and has been for a while.
    We’ve seen it pretty much every transfer window. FSG don’t look for short term fixes to problem areas. If Bobby is out for a long period then Jota will come in and Ox / some 16 year old from the academy will fill the bench spot.

Quote Originally Posted by LFC-DPG View Post
    We’ve seen it pretty much every transfer window. FSG don’t look for short term fixes to problem areas. If Bobby is out for a long period then Jota will come in and Ox / some 16 year old from the academy will fill the bench spot.
    We have had some good ones under them. It's just the last 2 compounded by covid that are not good enough.

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    We have had some good ones under them. It's just the last 2 compounded by covid that are not good enough.
    ‘Good’ / ‘mediocre’ ones yes, not excellent.

Not ones where you think ‘wow’, that’s going to really push us on.

Quote Originally Posted by LFC-DPG View Post
    ‘Good’ / ‘mediocre’ ones yes, not excellent.

Not ones where you think ‘wow’, that’s going to really push us on.
    We did sign Alisson Keita Fabinho Shaqiri in one window with Van Djik arriving 6 months before.

We know what Keita is like now but back then we didnt and most thought he would be a good player.

Other than that yeah I agree and its why our race is ran and we will finish 3rd-5th.

Quote Originally Posted by Kev0909 View Post
    Wolves are in talks to sign Portugal international midfielder Renato Sanches from Lille on loan.

People seem'd to want have a shot with him a while ago... why can't we compete for this then? or is our midfield too good? at this point i'd be looking at ripping some players contracts up

I don't know what to think of him personally. then again people also wanted to have a shot at Willian... look how that turned out

Real Madrid in talks to sign Rennes midfielder Eduardo Camavinga.. this is the signing we sort of need along these lines, top young talent..... not oaps, or crooks with no hope of getting better, I don't think jones will ever make it with us sadly as a starter anyway, but the way we're going he might be good enough to play for a mid-table team in a few years, and get a run in the sid cup

Shame we can't compete

One day people will realise, to win anything and not wait another 30 years for the title, we need new owners i'm afraid. the harsh reality, these do as little as possible, open ya eyes we was lucky to have the few seasons we did when everything clicked and players performing a lot better than usual, Klopp will always be a legend for that, but can you see us winning anything again at the moment? Thanks for everything FSG and bringing us sucess, but time to leave before it goes downhill leave on a high. Bet Klopp will start thinking this soon if this season goes to pants which it could easily do depending on a few injury's

get the white flags because we're a sinking ship we will go down with it together. A bit of fucking titanic/dido for you.

Happy monday all, tomorrow is one more day towards the weekend, positive vibes.

There's no point thinking players that havn't been good for ages will suddenly get back to the title winning levels, not a chance. you had your "7" then which i'd agree, not now though, no way.

I really hope I'm proven wrong, miracles can happen in football, as we all know, we're fast becoming the salah show.

Expect the worst, and hope for the best, then you don't get let down and anything else is a bonus/surprise.
    Because agent Jorge Mendes.
    Jorge Mendes is agent of Sanchez and Jorge Mendes have really good connections (At least) with Wolves board. You can see it with deals with his Portuguese players like José Sá, Nelson Semedo, Rúben Neves, Moutinho, Trincao as Diogo Jota for example.
    Renato Sanchez was the motor and "brain" from Lille champion team last season, I will have a go at him on loan with an option to buy for sure, but we really need players upfront like a winger or striker
    Keep Red... And Never Walk Alone

I'd be pleased with a loan for Sanchez. Would still leave us well short in terms of rotation for Salah and Mane but another quality player to give Klopp further options would be good. It's a long old season in the prem and that's without champions league and the domestic cups - the ones we don't bother with..