Page 61 of 99 FirstFirst ... 115154555657585960616263646566676871 ... LastLast

Thread: January transfer window/End of summer

We need something different at least. Not necessarily world class or playing every game.
    Heck give me Mikel Antonio with his pace and power to throw up top and bruise some Defenders when we keep punting in crosses in those desperate situations. Honestly thing he'd have at least put Chelsea under extreme pressure those final 20 mins.

Quote Originally Posted by toshin View Post
    We need something different at least. Not necessarily world class or playing every game.
    Heck give me Mikel Antonio with his pace and power to throw up top and bruise some Defenders when we keep punting in crosses in those desperate situations. Honestly thing he'd have at least put Chelsea under extreme pressure those final 20 mins.
    I rate very highly Antonio and I don't know how he still playing at Olympic stadium. I will have a go at him for sure
    Keep Red... And Never Walk Alone

Excellent player, too good for West Ham but a poor injury record has stifled his career.

Come on tell the truth.....

Some where in the back of your mind we are going to make a huge signing before the window shuts?

Nope

Liverpool captain Jordan Henderson has signed a new contract keeping him at the club until 2025.

The 31-year-old England midfielder has made 394 appearances in a decade with the club and had two years remaining on his existing deal.

Henderson is the latest of Liverpool's Champions League and Premier League title winners, including Fabinho and Andy Robertson, to sign a new deal.

"To continue this journey is incredible for me," Henderson said.

"It's amazing to finally get it done and just concentrate on looking forward and what the future may hold."

Since arriving at Anfield from Sunderland in 2011, Henderson has won five trophies with the Reds - starting with the League Cup under Kenny Dalglish in 2012.

As captain he has lifted the Premier League, Champions League, Uefa Super Cup and Fifa Club World Cup trophies.

His performances in leading Liverpool to their first league title in 30 years saw him named the Football Writer's Association player of the year for 2020.

"I feel as hungry as I did when I first walked in 10 years ago, to prove to people that I deserve to be at this football club and give absolutely everything every single day for the badge, for the fans and for each other in this building," Henderson said.

Tottenham have agreed a €30m (£25.75m) fee with Barcelona for Brazilian defender Emerson Royal.

The 22-year-old has spent the last two seasons on loan at Real Betis.

It is anticipated Emerson will battle for the right-back slot with Japhet Tanganga and Matt Doherty.

Providing the deal goes through as anticipated, it raises a question mark over the future of Serge Aurier, who is known to be surplus to requirements at Tottenham.

Odsonne Edouard is close to completing a £15m move to Crystal Palace from Celtic, who hope to sign Giorgos Giakoumakis from VVV-Venlo.

The deal for French striker Edouard, 23, is subject to a medical with Patrick Vieira's Premier League side, which will take place this morning.

Greece striker Giakoumakis was top scorer in last season's Eredivisie with 26 goals as VVV-Venlo were relegated.

The 26-year-old has scored once in six appearances for his country.

Quote Originally Posted by toshin View Post
    Will try to avoid talking finances here as the conversation always gets re-routed down the same, exhausting tunnel of policy/net spend/Pandemic/FSG.

So far as I see it, in terms of priorities, we need two players.

- a forward that can do more than Origi.
    - a dependable midfielder who can "replace" Milner (likely last season) ideally in the 23-26 age group to prevent stagnation.

We've actually integrated a number of players into the first-team squad in the last 13(?) months. Some from within, some transfers, all with a part to play.

Kelleher - probably 2nd-choice ahead of Adrian
    Konate - the centre-back cover we wanted
    Tsimikas - the left-back cover we wanted
    Thiago - high quality "something different" midfielder we wanted
    Jones - divides opinion on here but has time on his side, is strong and has a good injury record. In a midfield three where you have three back-up players I think he is suitable as 5th/6th choice and can hopefully ascend the selection ladder over time.
    Elliott - much too early to start 15-20 League games a season, but clearly a talent.
    Jota - excellent option.

Haven't included Phillips as he was only came in for a few months last season out of desperation and haven't included Minamino (much as he "feels" new) as he has been here for that little bit longer - plus I think he is on the proverbial chopping block.

Still, 7 players. If we could add the attacker and the midfielder to that over the course of today/January/Summer we would look to be in a really good spot, so we aren't far off.

There will always be ones in the wings waiting to come through (high hopes for Gordon and Musialowski for example) as well as free agents, supplemented by the odd "big" signing that we will need to make - though I don't think we need to make a massive number of those.

I have to say id go nowhere near Renato Sanches he is like Naby II always injured in fact he is injured now !

Bissouma is the one id like a young player, EPL proven and never injured that is the type we should go for.