Page 64 of 99 FirstFirst ... 145457585960616263646566676869707174 ... LastLast

Thread: January transfer window/End of summer

Quote Originally Posted by LEGS View Post
    In fairness DOC not many managers would have got us to 3rd last season with what we had.

He is an elite manager that is a fact his record proves it.

Managers like Tuchel are looking like a genius as they have way more £££££ to spend.

We need two more quality players to really compete MF and forward but if we dont spend its not Klopp fault is it.

If Klopp left tomorrow I doubt we would finish top 4.
    Think we were lucky that those who were in the top four kind of bottled it.

Chelsea had their focus on the champions league and won it.

He’s a great manager don’t get me wrong, but seems stubborn and stuck in his ways. Having favourites when they’re way off form is also a gripe I have.

Let’s see what happens in May. Maybe not having the pressure of “nailed on winners” like last season will benefit us.

Have to say, and no not pessimistic, just a realist. I worry about our top four credentials this season with a lack of quality depth

Whilst I don't fully agree DOCs points are valid. We are stuck in one way traffic in terms of how we are playing. We've been struggling to break teams down for a while, we aren't alone in that but the problem is nothing has been done to address it. This transfer window is a fucking shambles, we've shipped out plenty and brought one in. I'm not interested in the counter argument of players getting new desks, yet again all clubs have to deal with that, we are not exclusive to it.
    We still don't have that link man between midfield and attack to bring some form of creativity. I thought Thiago was going to be it but he isn't. Our good run at the back end last season was good but there was lots of huff and puff performances in it where we made hard work, had some bad luck too it has to be said like the Leicester game.

That's not a spelling mistake either. All those players getting new deals got a free desk off FSG.
    Ah lolz etc.

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    Bezzie mate is a Rangers fan so I do see a fair bit.
    Inverness is my Scottish team as I regularly go up there with the family. They’ve been stuck down in the Championship for a few years now mind, though their victory against early league leaders Kilmarnock at the weekend was encouraging.
    Have you ever been to Ross County’s ground, Miller? I didn't realise it was up there until recently. My godson plays for Inverness cally youth so that neck of the woods is close to my heart and I visit often.

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    That's not a spelling mistake either. All those players getting new deals got a free desk off FSG.
    Ah lolz etc.
    All that working from home malarkey.

I take your point DOC we need someone with pace/quality to open teams up.

Mane is a concern he is still quick but a few years ago he seemed much quicker to me and replacing him is not cheap.

Give Klopp a few good players an example Bissouma and Watkins/Sarr we would look a different team again.

My point is he does have short falls like all managers but the real issue is we are still a couple short.

You can say others bottled it last season maybe they did but I go on facts and a fact is Klopp got us to 3rd with lots of first teamers missing.

The worry is 2024 as we could end up with a no mark manager then we really are screwed.

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    Ah lolz etc.
    I thought it was Rafa that had Transfer/Furniture related issues...
    Something, Something, Something, Dark Side

I take your point DOC we need someone with pace/quality to open teams up.

Mane is a concern he is still quick but a few years ago he seemed much quicker to me and replacing him is not cheap.

Give Klopp a few good players an example Bissouma and Watkins/Sarr we would look a different team again.

My point is he does have short falls like all managers but the real issue is we are still a couple short.

You can say others bottled it last season maybe they did but I go on facts and a fact is Klopp got us to 3rd with lots of first teamers missing.

The worry is 2024 as we could end up with a no mark manager then we really are screwed.
    Up to Klopp to hand over a great team, making the incumbent managers job easier.

We have become a bit predictable and stale, whilst still a great team.

Klopp wont mix it up tactically and it's easier to prepare against us now. Still a tough job.

Yeah true CCTV he does need to hand over a good team but he needs help from the money men to bring fresh players in.

We need quality not squad fillers like we had under Brendan they cost money.

Its like today everyone is banging on about a signing ANY signing some are saying but that is wrong we need quality of someone like Jota not some random mid table player on a fat contract.

I said I would give FSG to end of the window before putting boot in and they havent backed him in this window as its clear we are only selling/loaning today.

Yeah true CCTV he does need to hand over a good team but he needs help from the money men to bring fresh players in.

We need quality not squad fillers like we had under Brendan they cost money.

Its like today everyone is banging on about a signing ANY signing some are saying but that is wrong we need quality of someone like Jota not some random mid table player on a fat contract.

I said I would give FSG to end of the window before putting boot in and they havent backed him in this window as its clear we are only selling/loaning today.
    I’d rather we kept what we have than sign anyone for the sake of signing to be honest