Page 65 of 99 FirstFirst ... 155558596061626364656667686970717275 ... LastLast

Thread: January transfer window/End of summer

I haven’t Taksin but last time I was in Dingwall I hadn’t checked the fixtures and we had gone there looking for something to eat, only to find it swamped with Rangers fans coming away from Victoria Park.
    We pressed on to Beauly instead.

Chelsea looking at getting Saul on loan today. Looking very likely this one

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    I haven’t Taksin but last time I was in Dingwall I hadn’t checked the fixtures and we had gone there looking for something to eat, only to find it swamped with Rangers fans coming away from Victoria Park.
    We pressed on to Beauly instead.
    I got my kilt in Beauly. And a goose on the last visit.

Dingwalll is a strange place to be hosting a champions league team

Quote Originally Posted by TheDOC1979 View Post
    Chelsea looking at getting Saul on loan today. Looking very likely this one
    Been linked with him most of the summer. Obviously we are brassed but I find it strange not many clubs have been interested in him by the looks of it. Maybe Chelsea is the only place he was willing to go?
    A loan deal would surely not have been out of our reach.

Indeed it is. So out of context to see hundreds of Rangers fans in their replica shirts, flooding into the town.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDOC1979 View Post
    Have to say, and no not pessimistic, just a realist. I worry about our top four credentials this season with a lack of quality depth
    We aren't alone in having areas we could improve thankfully, depending on how individuals assess things. Some might say that -

Man City - score heaps due to how they set up and having goals from everywhere, but have one "real" striker. They also have one really solid DM - a 36 year old.

Man United - still using McTominay more than they should given their "standing in the game" etc and using Fred/Matic to protect a relatively slow central defence is a situation that needs work. Have a right full-back who offers less than he should in attack. One injury to Varane and it's back to an average pairing (LFC fans freak out about "what if" situations for us but not rivals) and have serious inconsistency of quality between the sticks rather than an ever-dependable.

Chelsea - certainly very strong, but not much cover for their right-back in terms of quality/the same role. Seem to enjoy playing with three central defenders which is fine if you have quality in depth - do they if there are long-term injuries? Lukaku injury away from putting the ball in the net less.

Everyone can improve - it's the Nature of the Beast. Attacker and a midfielder for us would be the ideal spots to bolster.

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    We aren't alone in having areas we could improve thankfully, depending on how individuals assess things. Some might say that -

Man City - score heaps due to how they set up and having goals from everywhere, but have one "real" striker. They also have one really solid DM - a 36 year old.

Man United - still using McTominay more than they should given their "standing in the game" etc and using Fred/Matic to protect a relatively slow central defence is a situation that needs work. Have a right full-back who offers less than he should in attack. One injury to Varane and it's back to an average pairing (LFC fans freak out about "what if" situations for us but not rivals) and have serious inconsistency of quality between the sticks rather than an ever-dependable.

Chelsea - certainly very strong, but not much cover for their right-back in terms of quality/the same role. Seem to enjoy playing with three central defenders which is fine if you have quality in depth - do they if there are long-term injuries? Lukaku injury away from putting the ball in the net less.

Everyone can improve - it's the Nature of the Beast. Attacker and a midfielder for us would be the ideal spots to bolster.
    Agree with everything you've said except Chelsea.

They are absolutely stacked from 1-11.

Their RB options are England international Reece James and on eof the most underrated players in the Prem, Azpilicueta.

Any one of their CBs would play along side VVD quite comfortably.

Their midfield is an embaressment of riches.

And Lukaku is just a great giant fucking cherry on top!
    Something, Something, Something, Dark Side

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    Been linked with him most of the summer. Obviously we are brassed but I find it strange not many clubs have been interested in him by the looks of it. Maybe Chelsea is the only place he was willing to go?
    Wages can be payable from those that we’ve sold , loaned out already. Definitely not out of our reach

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    He wants more than £200k a week and also you could be right he might only want to go to Chelsea.

The Mendy situation at City isn’t good either.

I’d say Chelsea are the ones to beat. Their manager seems very bright. They are irritatingly good on the break considering how defensive they play. Maybe things will go stale for them at some point. We’ll see