Page 76 of 99 FirstFirst ... 266669707172737475767778798081828386 ... LastLast

Thread: January transfer window/End of summer

Realistic me thinks, we’re still in decent shape, as 10 wins and 3 draws out the last 13 games would indicate. Pot 2 in Champions League draw, probably rising to pot 1 next season. Though I would have liked a couple of quality additions, we are being run as a business not a rich man’s plaything and revenues have been massively hit by the pandemic. Meanwhile Salah apart, we have signed up all of our main stars to longer deals and have a wage bill in the top two or three in the country.

Optimistic me thinks all of the above plus we are in the conversation for 20 and 7 this season, plus with a fully fit squad, a better showing in the domestic cups.
    But on transfers, optimistic me thinks we want a season of full stadia and the right players becoming available next summer and we will be going big. We will know who we want and we have been putting ourselves into a viable financial position to get them.

Pessimistic me thinks, ffs Parry.

Maybe Shaqs departure means we can keep Karius on the books.

Quote Originally Posted by huyrob View Post
    No not good on phone but I am good at answering a straightforward question…..once again ( on my daft phone) we’re you at the match on Saturday ? A simple yes or no would suffice.
    I wasn't at the match. What's that got to with my opinion on transfers and how we played?
    Just seen your top red post about match goers vs armchair fans. Nobody on here plays that game . It's a bit sad. I'm more than comfortable with my Anfield presence in my lifetime and how I choose to support LFC, not that it should matter to anyone who's genuinely interested or cares for the club.

In time you might get your head around how this forum works and how most of us on here interact either eachother.

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    Realistic me thinks, we’re still in decent shape, as 10 wins and 3 draws out the last 13 games would indicate. Pot 2 in Champions League draw, probably rising to pot 1 next season. Though I would have liked a couple of quality additions, we are being run as a business not a rich man’s plaything and revenues have been massively hit by the pandemic. Meanwhile Salah apart, we have signed up all of our main stars to longer deals and have a wage bill in the top two or three in the country.

Optimistic me thinks all of the above plus we are in the conversation for 20 and 7 this season, plus with a fully fit squad, a better showing in the domestic cups.
    But on transfers, optimistic me thinks we want a season of full stadia and the right players becoming available next summer and we will be going big. We will know who we want and we have been putting ourselves into a viable financial position to get them.

Pessimistic me thinks, ffs Parry.
    All good points again mate. Going big next summer will be a necessity. A friend of mine has said that he's read articles indicating this, that it's part of the plan. That plan could change or be scuppered if tye unthinkable happens and we finish 5th for instance.
    Now we just get on with what we have and see where we are in January.

My concern is this season and now we have Brazil banning Alisson/Fabinho from Leeds game.

This will keep happening every international break this season.

If they do that if im FSG im sending the bank details to the Brazilian FA and tell them you pay the players then.

This will get nasty and just brings ESL back to the table.

There is a pandemic going on and say we let them go they miss Leeds, Milan and possibly one after with 10 day quarantine then it starts again Oct/Nov.

Im sure Fab would love to play for his country but then he has to sit in a hotel all on his own for 10 days basically a posh prison.

Quote Originally Posted by huyrob View Post
    I totally agree, I am not going to trawl back but my original gripe was not only about a negative outlook but far more so calling some of our players “ shit “ etc. Opinions fine we are all entitled to them , insults however I am not happy with.
    My long stop on this is … if you are happy to come on this forum and give your opinion or insult any player … would you do it in front of Klopp or the named player in private . If you wouldn’t then fk off and keep your pathetic criticisms to yourself as you clearly are not prepared to support them in the open.
    There you go again, telling people to fuck off and support another team. Don’t even try and play it that you’re not. See, daft as fuck

Probably have to go big next summer unless there is something in the January pipeline. Good we tie down key players but arguably the most key of all Salah hasn’t. Is he the next Coutinho?

We have added some of our best ever players in January so still hopeful something happens then. Much needed as we are lacking genuine options up front and in the middle.

I was expecting a last minute announcement up until yesterday to be honest. We will have to be very careful and selective with how we use the players now.

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    Probably have to go big next summer unless there is something in the January pipeline. Good we tie down key players but arguably the most key of all Salah hasn’t. Is he the next Coutinho?

We have added some of our best ever players in January so still hopeful something happens then. Much needed as we are lacking genuine options up front and in the middle.

I was expecting a last minute announcement up until yesterday to be honest. We will have to be very careful and selective with how we use the players now.
    Salah is key and noises are he will sign but until he does you cant rule it out.

Its clear PSG will be all over him once they lose Mbappe to Madrid.

I dont want Salah to go but if we got £130-150m it will tempt us.

Quote Originally Posted by LEGS View Post
    Salah is key and noises are he will sign but until he does you cant rule it out.

Its clear PSG will be all over him once they lose Mbappe to Madrid.

I dont want Salah to go but if we got £130-150m it will tempt us.
    We'll need it to bring some players in I think.. for a bit of a rebuild.....as FSG don't have the money...

Bit like coutinho but losing a better player.

Quote Originally Posted by Kev0909 View Post
    We'll need it to bring some players in I think.. for a bit of a rebuild.....as FSG don't have the money...

Bit like coutinho but losing a better player.
    Yeah a miles better player too that is the worry.

With Barca collapsing and Madrid going for Mbappe and possibly Pogba/Haaland it rules them vultures out.

It leaves one club really and that is PSG.