Page 77 of 99 FirstFirst ... 276770717273747576777879808182838487 ... LastLast

Thread: January transfer window/End of summer

Quote Originally Posted by LEGS View Post
    Yeah a miles better player too that is the worry.

With Barca collapsing and Madrid going for Mbappe and possibly Pogba/Haaland it rules them vultures out.

It leaves one club really and that is PSG.
    Real could go for him aswell, you never know, they're saving 100m + by getting mbappe on a free (they hope anyway) so obviously have the money to spend, after another season i'd imagine that would be even more in the kitty.

It's Gonna be interesting with the mbappe saga.
    Apparently he's promised he would not leave for free.. So... He resigns with a 180m clause?

Quote Originally Posted by LEGS View Post
    My concern is this season and now we have Brazil banning Alisson/Fabinho from Leeds game.

This will keep happening every international break this season.

If they do that if im FSG im sending the bank details to the Brazilian FA and tell them you pay the players then.

This will get nasty and just brings ESL back to the table.

There is a pandemic going on and say we let them go they miss Leeds, Milan and possibly one after with 10 day quarantine then it starts again Oct/Nov.

Im sure Fab would love to play for his country but then he has to sit in a hotel all on his own for 10 days basically a posh prison.
    Being isolated for 10 days is not a good situation for anyone let alone someone who has just lost their father.

Missing Fabinho and Alisson for 3 matches would be a big blow especially if Alisson is just going to sit on the bench for Brazil. Oh well at least Egypt are cooperating this time but what about next time? Also, is there any word on whether Mane is going to play for Senegal? Given our thin squad this situation could really fuck with our season

Quote Originally Posted by reddownunder View Post
    Being isolated for 10 days is not a good situation for anyone let alone someone who has just lost their father.

Missing Fabinho and Alisson for 3 matches would be a big blow especially if Alisson is just going to sit on the bench for Brazil. Oh well at least Egypt are cooperating this time but what about next time? Also, is there any word on whether Mane is going to play for Senegal? Given our thin squad this situation could really fuck with our season
    I think Mane is fine as his country are only playing in amber listed countries.

I think Salah could play one game but not the other.

If you are South American I think you will have the mandatory quarantine when back for 10 days.

You are quite right about Fabinho they will want him to spend 4 weeks caged up out of 11 weeks ....as usual the twats at FIFA are keeping quiet.

As I said the ESL ends all this crap.

Quote Originally Posted by Kev0909 View Post
    Real could go for him aswell, you never know, they're saving 100m + by getting mbappe on a free (they hope anyway) so obviously have the money to spend, after another season i'd imagine that would be even more in the kitty.
    They could do true but this "free" isnt really free that money will go to Mbappe and advisors etc.

You are correct there will be more money but some reports saying Madrid £200m offer was a bluff they dont have that cash and what we dont know is how they wanted to pay it.

£200m to PSG is like a quid to them plus they wanted to show they are in control basically writing off hundreds of millions.

Senegal are at home to Togo on 2 September. Senegal is indeed on the amber list.

However they then travel to Congo on 8 September which is on the red list followed by a home leg against Congo on 14 September.

I'm hoping Mane only plays the first game otherwise he'll miss 3-4 games.

Quote Originally Posted by reddownunder View Post
    Senegal are at home to Togo on 2 September. Senegal is indeed on the amber list.

However they then travel to Congo on 8 September which is on the red list followed by a home leg against Congo on 14 September.

I'm hoping Mane only plays the first game otherwise he'll miss 3-4 games.
    Im sure he is only in for amber list games mate.

It is putting players health at risk and is it worth the risk I dont think it is.

I am still being safety first at the minute and I would hope our players are too.

Anyway, Pedri at Barca and Dybala at Juve can sign pre contract agreements in January, that would help in both areas we are considered to be short in. Pedri in particular, what a player he is for 18.

Pedri would be a major coup. There'll be plenty of clubs after him but I'd imagine Barca will do everything to keep hold of him.

Getting Pedri would be insane - as well as insanely difficult.