Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: This Weekend’s Other Games 13/8-16/8

What are you smoking Miller ? Pep said they couldn't afford a striker, they are in financial crisis.

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    Well done Nuno, excellent performance from Spurs, best I’ve seen them play in a long time. All done without King Kane.

Poor City, they lost because the board hasn’t backed the manager and bought a striker. Disgraceful, poor old Pep.
    They probably need better owners.
    Disgraceful way to treat a Champions' Leauge winn....er... I mean,.......multi-Premiership winning manager.
    'I got told there's an English phrase, 'You don't win trophies with kids'. I didn't know that' ... - Jurgen Klopp
    Stone-Cold Savage!

They have to sell to buy ,they are that poor. good luck in selling Sterling and Silva . No one will be able to afford them. Thanks to City destroying the transfer market.
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Nuno is no mug he had Wolves well drilled and is a better fit for Spurs then Mourinho.

This game was a tough one for City as it had the spice of the Kane circus.

The most telling stat from the game from City's perspective,...

Only 4 shots on target, and of those only one before the 80th minute.
    Despite over 60% possession.

I guess this means the Sheikhs drop 400 Million tomorrow on the transfer window to buy Kane, Haaland, Lautaro and Dybala's dog.

"Is the dog walker also available? We'll take him too!"
    'I got told there's an English phrase, 'You don't win trophies with kids'. I didn't know that' ... - Jurgen Klopp
    Stone-Cold Savage!

Last 3 matches, three 0-1 losses - Chelsea, Leicester and now Spurs. They're on a roll. Pep out.

I'll play Mr. Wet Blanket/Cold splash of reality and Captain Buzzkill for a moment here and pull this one back a bit.

Let's all be honest here; this loss probably means nothing in the grand scheme of things .....as will the next 3 or three losses/draws, while they still find their feet, as City are notoriously and habitually slow starters to seasons.

Once they get on a roll, they'll be hard to stop and at the end of the day they remain the top favourites to retain their title.

The only thing this result means is that they're not going through the Season unbeaten.

That's it.

Let's just do our part to ensure we're right up there with them in the thick of it as I believe this will probably be the most competitive title race in probably our lifetimes since literally all the top 6 teams from last season have gotten stronger, and it's not a stretch to think that some like the Hammers and even the Bitters (puke!!) will get in the mix.
    (I hate so much that Rafa is going to make them shites better. But he is).

If De Bruyne had started this game and was fit, I don't think the result would what it was today.
    They were lack that creative lock-picker in the middle of the park more than they were missing a threat upfront.

How Spurs played them is pretty much how most teams will approach and play them all season.
    Stone-Cold Savage!

Think we’re just enjoying the moment CD, a touch of schadenfreude.

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    Think we’re just enjoying the moment CD, a touch of schadenfreude.
    No sin in that.
    Always take it when you can get it.

Particularly more enjoyable after Pep pops off to the press about Klopp's comments, regarding their spending.
    Stone-Cold Savage!

It means nothing but it presses pause on the media wankfest for a while. Little victories.

I notice the BBC said "there will tougher tests to come" in both Liverpool and Everton match reports but refrained from stating the bleeding obvious regarding Man Utd or Chelsea.