Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: This Weekend’s Other Games 13/8-16/8

Just seen the result after leaving work.
    Sunday lolz.

I still think whoever finishes above City wins the league so todays result gives the chasing pack a better chance.

I wouldn't say it means nothing. Man City weren't very coherent and couldn't organise much in the way of an attack today - and their new £100 million midfielder was fairly ineffectual. They have plenty of work to do to regain dominance.

Spurs weren't very impressive either.

Thought Spurs were quite good for Spurs. Particularly for a first game and considering all the Kane nonsense and his absence

Quote Originally Posted by southernboy View Post
    Intriguing first half. City haven’t been brilliant. They really need to get the cheque book out.
    It's about time they backed pep in the transfer market.
    Havent even signed one 50-60 million pound fullback all summer.

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson Dynasty View Post
    I'll play Mr. Wet Blanket/Cold splash of reality and Captain Buzzkill for a moment here and pull this one back a bit.

Let's all be honest here; this loss probably means nothing in the grand scheme of things .....as will the next 3 or three losses/draws, while they still find their feet, as City are notoriously and habitually slow starters to seasons.

Once they get on a roll, they'll be hard to stop and at the end of the day they remain the top favourites to retain their title.

The only thing this result means is that they're not going through the Season unbeaten.

That's it.

Let's just do our part to ensure we're right up there with them in the thick of it as I believe this will probably be the most competitive title race in probably our lifetimes since literally all the top 6 teams from last season have gotten stronger, and it's not a stretch to think that some like the Hammers and even the Bitters (puke!!) will get in the mix.
    (I hate so much that Rafa is going to make them shites better. But he is).

If De Bruyne had started this game and was fit, I don't think the result would what it was today.
    They were lack that creative lock-picker in the middle of the park more than they were missing a threat upfront.

How Spurs played them is pretty much how most teams will approach and play them all season.
    Didn't they win their opening 10 league games not so long ago ?

Quote Originally Posted by CCTV View Post
    Didn't they win their opening 10 league games not so long ago ?
    Man City are not slow starters. Only lasr season. They only won the league last season because United were useless.

3 pts dropped and 37 more to play. City are not going ro run away with anything.

Up to us to make sure we don’t let them. Need to put Chelsea back in their box an’ all.

Apologies if this has already been posted.
    Grealish supposedly "won" five fouls today, more than anyone else in the match.
    Been taking lessons from Tom Daley?

Quote Originally Posted by redebreck View Post
    Apologies if this has already been posted.
    Grealish supposedly "won" five fouls today, more than anyone else in the match.
    Been taking lessons from Tom Daley?
    Grealish I think "won" the most fouls last season AND the season before if I recall rightly.

With that in mind, it made a lot of sense for anyone to buy him (not for £100m though) although they may not get quite as many penalties as they'd hoped.

There's been a bit of discussion about penalties and "soft contact" and there's hopefully a push on for the whistle to be blown less for tid-bitty nonsense. I actually thought the match was refreshingly well refereed today overall and hope it's an indication of some improvements in officiating.