Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Match Thread : Norwich v Liverpool

Tsmiksas can hit the target but needs a lot of work. Tired towards the end.

We’ve found Wijnaldum’s replacement in Ox where he did nothing all game and rightly subbed.

I’d love to have an injury free season for Keita and see what he can produce.

Mane needs a goal as he wasn’t entirely on it today

Salah motm today.

Overall, deserved winners to be fair

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    Will chat about the game laters.. Gotta watch summat on TV.. Great football is back!! come on you mighty reds onwards and upwards.
    Enjoy yourself. Good to switch off.

How nice to win without having to go all-out. There's no extra points for scoring 6 goals or pressing at every trigger.

Job well done.

Without getting into anything like top gear a 3-0 away win is a good omen. Real banana skin that.

Back four nowhere near their best but no harm done, good run out for Virgil and Joel, Tsimikas was ok but was caught out on occasion defensively and dwelling on the ball. Today will have done him the power of good mind.

Front 3 all looked sharp as did Bobby when he came on but as we’ve all said, Jota needs to improve his all round game.

Midfield plodded through, not great but I don’t think any of the 3 are going to be first pick when everyone’s fit.

Keita and Ox, if they want regular starts they’re going to have to do much better than that to force their way in.

Good summary Miller.

Not too many complaints from me. I would like us to be able to control games a bit more when we’ve got such a comfortable lead, but I suppose it’s to be expected playing away in the Premier League. Enjoy the rest of the weekend guys.
    I bet you can squeal like a pig!

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    Agree LEGS. Bobby and Fab were good.
    3 - 0 win isn't bad when we had the invisible twins for an hour in midfield. If we have to play a half decent side with those 2 in the midfield I'll be worried. We need to sign a replacement for Wijnaldum.
    Tsimikas was okay but shaky at times, needs games though so hopefully he'll steady out.
    I worry when they play together in midfield its not a secure pairing.

In fairness Keita wasnt too bad today he was winning ball back quite often but that performance away at Madrid last year pissed me off.

It was comfortable after the 65 min mark being two up Norwich didnt have much but its a game they would think draw at best.

Cheers SB

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    Will chat about the game laters.. Gotta watch summat on TV.. Great football is back!! come on you mighty reds onwards and upwards.
    cool story

Quote Originally Posted by LEGS View Post
    I worry when they play together in midfield its not a secure pairing.
    Ox and Keita? Yeah - the balance is a bit off when both are on. Don't think we will see it all that much to be fair. Both got good minutes in pre-season and looked "ready" and we won't have wanted to throw in those who aren't. Calculated gamble games here and there when we need to rotate (can get away with both simultaneously against relegation-fodder as the overall team is so good) but I certainly don't think having both on will as starters simultaneously will be a main-stay.

I'm honestly so, so pleased that we got a comfortable result without ever having to touch 4th or 5th gear. In the "marathon not a sprint" of a League season, it was such a comfort to be basically coasting for the last 25 minutes, besides a couple of lapses in concentration.

Post-win-glow was a much-missed feeling.

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    Ox and Keita? Yeah - the balance is a bit off when both are on. Don't think we will see it all that much to be fair. Both got good minutes in pre-season and looked "ready" and we won't have wanted to throw in those who aren't. Calculated gamble games here and there when we need to rotate (can get away with both simultaneously against relegation-fodder as the overall team is so good) but I certainly don't think having both on will as starters simultaneously will be a main-stay.

I'm honestly so, so pleased that we got a comfortable result without ever having to touch 4th or 5th gear. In the "marathon not a sprint" of a League season, it was such a comfort to be basically coasting for the last 25 minutes, besides a couple of lapses in concentration.

Post-win-glow was a much-missed feeling.
    Too right it was a solid job and got the win.

I'd take the same next week against the cloggers.

We couldn't of asked for much more, over the moon with 3-0 and 3 of our front 4 scoring.
    I can't wait for next week now.