Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 478910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: Match Thread : Liverpool v Burnley

TAA seemed to be limping at the end of that .... oh hope it is nothing!

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    I know all the praise goes to Van Djik and rightly so. But Matip is also superb. Just hope he can remain fit. That his only problem.
    Joel Matip is in the pantheon of great. He is world class.

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    Alisson, Matip and Virgil showed why all 3 are among the best in World football in the last 15 minutes.
    Burnley are a horrible team, hope this is their last Premier League season.
    Absolutely. I wish Matip could stay fit all season.
    I'd have no doubts about us winning the league.
    Their communication is key, always know where the other is. Great to watch.

You need to be able to beat teams without being at your absolute best.

There were a LOT of positives today, but we can all say we gave away half-chances that a better side would punish and the midfield chemistry was understandably a little "off" today despite our 3 midfielders individually playing quite well. Jota's game without the ball contributes to this to be fair as well.

Clean sheet without being scintillating. Much, much better than absolutely battering a side but getting a draw.

More of that. Set ourselves up nicely for Chelsea!

I know all the praise goes to Van Djik and rightly so. But Matip is also superb. Just hope he can remain fit. That his only problem.
    That's the big conundrum that's Klopp's facing now.

With Matip's fitness and durability being an on going issue, do you start Konate or Gomez next time out and try to spare Matip from some of that wear and tear?
    All while risking harming the chemistry he clearly has with Virgil?

Or do you keep this going for as long as you can (until he falls apart) and see how much you can get from that partnership, while risking losing him to an injury later on during a run-in of games.
    'I got told there's an English phrase, 'You don't win trophies with kids'. I didn't know that' ... - Jurgen Klopp
    Stone-Cold Savage!

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    Alisson, Matip and Virgil showed why all 3 are among the best in World football in the last 15 minutes.
    Burnley are a horrible team, hope this is their last Premier League season.
    Burnley are thugs. Diety horrendous droll.

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson Dynasty View Post

With Matip's fitness and durability being an on going issue, do you start Konate or Gomez next time out and try to spare Matip from some of that wear and tear?

Or do you keep this going for as long as you can (until he falls apart) and see how much you can get from that partnership, while risking losing him to an injury later on during a run-in of games.
    Matip should play once a week. Once CL comes along one of the other 2 should be phased in and then as long as he is fit let jim play 1 a week only.

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson Dynasty View Post

I think the latter.. Gomez and Konate will have to wait.. I think its likely Gomez will be back up right back. I Can see Neco Williams being sold or on loand.
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Quote Originally Posted by HLOGI View Post
    Matip should play once a week. Once CL comes along one of the other 2 should be phased in and then as long as he is fit let jim play 1 a week only.
    That's the plan I think. He cant play 2 in a week, not sure he ever has much. Even keeping him fit for one game will be hard as he picks up so many injuries.

I think the latter.. Gomez and Konate will have to wait.. I think its likely Gomez will be back up right back. I Can see Neco Williams being sold or on loand.
    I think so too.

I feel a bit bad for Joe in that regard because he probably felt he was cementing his place as Virgil's first choice partner prior to his injury last season.

But that's the sort of competition for places I want in the team.

Same deal goes with Bobby and Jota.
    I think Klopp still keeps starting Diogo as long as he keeps chipping in those goals (despite not offering as much in the link-up play department as Bobby does), and then puts the pressure on Bobby to respond with possible goals of his own.

Also, it behooves them all to stay fit.
    You lose your place to injury or a long-term stay on the physio's bench, you won't necessarily be assured that your starting spot will be waiting for you when you get healthy again.

See : Robbo, ......who now seems like he has a fight on his hands to get his starting spot back from the Greek.
    'I got told there's an English phrase, 'You don't win trophies with kids'. I didn't know that' ... - Jurgen Klopp
    Stone-Cold Savage!