Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Your team v Chelsea

Your team v Chelsea

Winning games is nice! Especially at Anfield and especially against Burnley.

.....................Alisson

Trent......Matip....Van Dijk...Tsimikas

....................Henderson

..............Milner......Keita

Salah..........Firmino......Mane

Elliott was excellent. Just think Chelsea requires experience/steel. If Klopp picks Elliott again I won't complain - he's boss!

If Fabinho is emotionally fit/ready and isn't in Brazil I'd have him in for Keita as well. Steel.

Early doors but if we could beat Chelsea, it would be a great statement.
    Your hobbies are rollerblading and you're also a bit of a rat-hound? Steel Wool
    Sid knows he's crazy and he likes it. Balinkay

The more I think about it, the more options there are.

So good.

If everyone is available id go.

Alisson
    Trent Matip Van Djik Robbo
    Fabinho Hendo Thiago
    Salah Firmino Mane

Keita was awful against Burnley .Good only knows, actually we all know he'd be awful against Chelsea .

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    Winning games is nice! Especially at Anfield and especially against Burnley.

.....................Alisson

Trent......Matip....Van Dijk...Tsimikas

....................Henderson

..............Milner......Keita

Salah..........Firmino......Mane

Elliott was excellent. Just think Chelsea requires experience/steel. If Klopp picks Elliott again I won't complain - he's boss!

If Fabinho is emotionally fit/ready and isn't in Brazil I'd have him in for Keita as well. Steel.

Early doors but if we could beat Chelsea, it would be a great statement.
    Did Fab actually go to Brazil?
    I think we look a bit vulnerable without him.
    I would play Fab, Henderson and maybe Harvey. Don't think Thiago can do 90 mins yet.

Quote Originally Posted by faridtoxteth View Post
    Did Fab actually go to Brazil?
    Not that I'm aware, just wouldn't rule it out, assuming his Dad passed away there. Haven't exactly researched the subject, would feel terribly "snoopy" if I did, but if the restrictions have loosened at all over there (and again, pure ignorance on my part, I have no idea) he may have wanted to go Home.

Bereavement hits people in different ways. He might need a month or so away from the game or he might feel a personal obligation to "do his Dad proud" by getting wired into training/football, partly to take his mind off things. We'll see him on the pitch again when we do and he is at the right club in terms of getting the sort of support that fans can provide thankfully.

Alisson
    Trent Matip Van Dijk Robertson
    Henderson Fabinho Milner
    Salah Firmino Mane

If Fabinho isn't in the right head space then I'd put Hendo in the middle and start with Elliott. I thought Keita was poor against Burnley

Quote Originally Posted by ianlfc View Post
    Keita was awful against Burnley
    Yet apparently he had the most tackles (with 6) and the most pressing actions (despite coming off with about 17 minutes left) and a 96% pass completion rate. A mate sent those stats on (I'm guessing Anfield Index) so it will be interesting to see if there's the likes of a touch compilation on YouTube in the coming couple of days.

Perhaps those stats are way off, or perhaps because he is capable of dribbling and quick one-two actions, our expectation of him is skewing what we're seeing? I thought he played "fine" on the eye-test, but wasn't salivating either. With Elliott seemingly being charged with creative tasks in midfield, perhaps Keita was following "keep it simple" instructions and essentially doing a Gini impersonation (in terms of role) and thus looked rather underwhelming given we expect attacking flair from Naby?

I'll definitely be watching him more closely for his next few starts as I'm keen to see how Klopp will utilise him this season, when fit.

Quote Originally Posted by ianlfc View Post
    Keita was awful against Burnley .Good only knows, actually we all know he'd be awful against Chelsea .
    He was better than usual but that's not hard is it.
    Regardless if him doing OK we should still be getting more from him. We were light in midfield, Elliott had an excellent game but against Chelsea I dare say we won't be having just one of our best in there. He needs 2, Hendo and Fab plus another I hope.

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    He was better than usual but that's not hard is it.
    Regardless if him doing OK we should still be getting more from him. We were light in midfield, Elliott had an excellent game but against Chelsea I dare say we won't be having just one of our best in there. He needs 2, Hendo and Fab plus another I hope.
    He was decent apart from that horrid pass he gave away in our box far too casual.

I think Sid is right he did win a few challenges like he did at Norwich....the first half though I thought we got abit bullied in midfield second half was different.

Still id be worried if he played against Chelsea still struggle to get Madrid away out my head !