Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Your team v Chelsea

He's the African Lucas🤣🤣

The midfield is our weakest department still. We scored 2, so we won the battle at that end, clean sheet so we won that battle but we did not dominate and control the game, they had several chances, 2 were given away by Thiago and he only had a brief cameo.
    Still not 100% convinced on any of our midfielders apart from Henderson and Fabinho, the others are all hit and miss.
    Thiago had a good finish to the season but before that it was a bit meh. Jury’s still out for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    Winning games is nice! Especially at Anfield and especially against Burnley.

.....................Alisson

Trent......Matip....Van Dijk...Tsimikas

....................Henderson

..............Milner......Keita

Salah..........Firmino......Mane

Elliott was excellent. Just think Chelsea requires experience/steel. If Klopp picks Elliott again I won't complain - he's boss!

If Fabinho is emotionally fit/ready and isn't in Brazil I'd have him in for Keita as well. Steel.

Early doors but if we could beat Chelsea, it would be a great statement.
    Not sure you can drop Jota, scored the opener/winner in both our league games.

Klopps unlikely to change our setup, but i couldn't drop Jota and would find it hard to bench Bobby for Milner/Thiago/Keita...
    Bobby has a key role when we defend set pieces, presses well and gets stuck in.
    Milner's probably the best option for a game like this from our midfielders, but I'd have Bobby start.

Alisson
    Trent Matip VVD Robbo(if fit)
    Hendo Fab
    Fab 4

If Fabinho is fit this is how i would go in..

_______________Alisson___________
    Trent______Matip_______Djik_____Robbo
    _____________Fabinho_________
    __________Henderson______Keita
    Salah_________Jota_______Mane

If Chelsea go in with wing backs. Its really important our full backs take advantage..And wheen we attack we need to get our attackers into the box. I went for Jota because i think hes more likely to turn and run. Firmino might get strangled out like he often does in games like these.

Should have said if Fab is available.
    Last edited by justme; 22nd August 2021 at 10:25 PM.
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Good lineup justme, I’d also be happy with Bobby for Jota. Starting Keita is the only player that doesn’t fill me with confidence but there isn’t really an alternative unless we go with Milner.

Yeah Miller i feel the same on Keita. something has to give though..hes getting the chance now.
    Only time will tell if hes the real deal.
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    Good lineup justme, I’d also be happy with Bobby for Jota. Starting Keita is the only player that doesn’t fill me with confidence but there isn’t really an alternative unless we go with Milner.
    Thiago ?

Didn’t look particularly sharp yesterday when he came on, not convinced by him either.

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    Didn’t look particularly sharp yesterday when he came on, not convinced by him either.
    Not convinced , dear me what do you think is lacking in his game , other than minutes ?

Alisson

Trent Matip Van Dijk Robertson

Hendo Fabinho Keita/Milner

Salah Bobby Mane

Press has got to be on and we can't be giving the ball away sloppily or have a forward starting who may bag us goals against the lesser lights, but is awful in his link play and pressing and leaves us effectively with 10 men unless he's scoring

Expecting it to be more of the 4312 with Mo and Mane playing more inside and looking to be found with inside out runs and runs in behind that we used 2 or 3 times in the run in last season.

I think this one may well be won by the press, need to stop them getting on the ball easy in CM and making the play, they're pretty direct too, longer attempted balls over the top from their Cbs and Wing backs, if no Fab I'd go Milner Hendo Keita, it's pretty much who sets up to release players behind the full backs, wing backs and CBs best and organises their press best to limit the other sides opportunities to try and release their forwards
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”