Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: Tsimi Tsimi Ya!

Quote Originally Posted by TheDOC1979 View Post
    Klopp does this a fair bit. Plays his favourites over those that are on fire
    What's Fab playing at No6 got to do with Tsimi?
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    What's Fab playing at No6 got to do with Tsimi?
    Haha, you're obsessed 19

Tsimi exemplifies the huge improvement in our squad under Klopp, recruitment has been absolutely outstanding

Greek Scouser is an absolute beaut.

Really hope one of the YouTube nuts makes a compilation of all his tackles and touches - he had a few really important ones.

Can we have him at left-back and Robertson at right-back for ONE game please - just to see if it can work?

Tsimi, Thiago and Matip showed the level required tonight, others need to step up.

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    Tsimi, Thiago and Matip showed the level required tonight, others need to step up.
    I'd add Diaz there - didn't have his best game but the effort is always, always, always there and I am so grateful for that sort of lad in our side.

Kuyt and Suarez were similar - just always on it.

I saw on the highlights a wonderful clearance from him around the 84th-minute. Must have occurred during a loo trip as I had no memory of it during the live match.

Contender for MOTM..

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    I'd add Diaz there - didn't have his best game but the effort is always, always, always there and I am so grateful for that sort of lad in our side.

Kuyt and Suarez were similar - just always on it.
    This.

You can fault the fact that he doesn't always make the right decision on the final play or have the accuracy you need to make the most of our chances, but you can never fault the lad's industry and graft and willingness to get himself dug in.

Even when the rest of the team is playing like crap.

I absolutely love that about him.

I guess that's part of what made Trent's slump even more galling, which is that even though he wasn't playing that well and was wasting our chances and getting beaten in defense, he seemed to pile on it even more by just not seeming fussed or not looking like he's willing to even try.
    The trotting and casually jogging back to defense,...
    The standing outside the box and ball-watching while the rest of the defense collapsed trying to cover for him,...

It's like polar opposite and night and day from what you get from Diaz.

It brings to memory one of his first games for us earlier this year (I think it might have been against Wolves at Anfield) he goes into the box after a great pass from Trent or Hendo out wide, and beats the opposition goalie with a header to score, but in the process gets absolutely laid out after the goalie clatters him in what should have been a sending off but wasn't - but it was just the laying your body on the line and not giving two fucks what happened to you just as long as you connected and put the ball in the back of the net.
    Just awesome.

I think if we could work on his target practice and finishing, he could be a dangerous player for us for years to come.
    Last edited by Crimson Dynasty; 5th October 2022 at 09:00 AM.
    'I got told there's an English phrase, 'You don't win trophies with kids'. I didn't know that' ... - Jurgen Klopp
    Stone-Cold Savage!