Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Tsimi Tsimi Ya!

Quote Originally Posted by redebreck View Post
    He definitely deserves to start more games for us. Btw is he in the national squad?
    Yeah he is a regular for Greece.

Think he sometimes plays CB for them.

It's not something we would want to find ourselves doing regularly (particularly right now as it would give Gomez the hump) but in a match at Anfield against a "lesser" side I want to see Tsimikas at right-back, just once, to see how he would do. Maybe a Cup match some time next season - just so we know we have it for an absolute emergency.

That right-footed cross for Jota's goal was absolutely excellent and it seems mad to think it's Tsimi's weaker foot.
    Your hobbies are rollerblading and you're also a bit of a rat-hound? Steel Wool
    Sid knows he's crazy and he likes it. Balinkay

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    It's not something we would want to find ourselves doing regularly (particularly right now as it would give Gomez the hump) but in a match at Anfield against a "lesser" side I want to see Tsimikas at right-back, just once, to see how he would do. Maybe a Cup match some time next season - just so we know we have it for an absolute emergency.

That right-footed cross for Jota's goal was absolutely excellent and it seems mad to think it's Tsimi's weaker foot.
    Thats if he's with us next season and content to play second choice LB

Its not so easy to switch sides at fullback areas. Instead of the oppositon going on your outside they'll go on your inside and vice versa. But Tsimikas could probably do a job on the right.
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Quote Originally Posted by TheDOC1979 View Post
    Thats if he's with us next season and content to play second choice LB
    Depends on players mind sets, if they have the mind set to play for the biggest and most successful clubs, at such clubs there are always going to be players who are absolutely essential and integral to their success and who are incredibly valued and appreciated, but who will always plays less games and be squad players - The players with the right mentality, understand that and are happy with it, I've not seen anything from Tsimikas to suggest he isn't happy with that

When we look at other clubs and how some have 2 top class players or more in some cases for each position, and one of those top class players plays the lesser amount of games as a far more obvious No2 for a position in our set up does and they're perfectly happy with their very important role in the club being successful, I don't understand why so many of our fans always have this school of thought that they will want to move when it's our club
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

I've wondered this as well.
    Well spotted Sid!

Quote Originally Posted by redebreck View Post
    I've wondered this as well.
    Well spotted Sid!
    Would do a decent job methinks!

Should be absolutely hammering Klopp's door down for more match time.

The lad is bloody brilliant and I think, on merit, he's in a better spot than Robbo right now - yet Robbo gets the games.

Robbo isn't finished or anything, just feel Tsimi is outperforming him at the moment.
    Your hobbies are rollerblading and you're also a bit of a rat-hound? Steel Wool
    Sid knows he's crazy and he likes it. Balinkay

The lad is bloody brilliant and I think, on merit, he's in a better spot than Robbo right now - yet Robbo gets the games.

Robbo isn't finished or anything, just feel Tsimi is outperforming him at the moment.
    I second that notion Sidney lad.

He should get the next game if we're looking at "rotating"

Klopp does this a fair bit. Plays his favourites over those that are on fire. CD mentioned how much of a confidence drainer it is on someone to be overlooked, it might have been someone else to be honest but it isn't fair at all. Based on this seasons performances, tsimikas deserves to be starting ahead of Robertson