Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 256789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: The Weekend’s Other Games

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    If there has to be a black and white answer I'd say neglect for sure. Replacing Wijnaldum with an 18 year old inexperienced player is a joke.
    Hes not his replacement though, in terms of numbers maybe but for his position obviously not. That looks like we are hedging our bets on Jones,Keita and Ox being able to replace what we have lost. That's a risk and neglect in my opinion because none of them are anywhere near as good and certainly not as reliable or consistent.
    That wasn't a black and white answer because I don't think he is the replacement for Wijnaldum and neither do you apparently..
    And so wondering about Ox, Keita and Jones is irrelevant too.

Again, people said look what the other three clubs are doing.
    Then they said look at us relying on bringing in Eliiot.
    The question relates to that comparison, not to whether Jones is going to play a role or not.
    That comparison was used to disparage our planning. So you haven't given me a black and white answer.

Would you keep Elliot or would you rather we spent £100 million on Grealish?

If you are not going to read my responses mate, then the discussion is pointless.
    I don’t think Elliott should be regarded as a 30 game starter this season, I want us to bring in someone who is.
    I don’t think Thiago brings us what I, in my own humble opinion, think we need.
    I have no interest in bringing Jack Grealish to Liverpool, whatsoever.
    I think it is great to see Elliott’s development going so well and I am sure he will get plenty of minutes whether or not we bring in a more finished article. It’s a long old season and players will pick up injuries and need rotating.

But for the last time, I believe we need to bring in a creative midfielder who fits Klopp’s criteria, as he thought he was getting with Keita, unfortunately he hasn’t worked out.

That is my standpoint please don’t waste any more time asking me the same question. I won’t respond.

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    And the crucial loss of Lovren and the loss of Lallana and this summer Wijnaldum don't register for you?

Seriously - we keep players and that's a new signing - We sign players and they are new signings - we sell players and they disappear from the equation. Hmm

It's great that Elliott is getting minutes - you think he will replace Gini - good luck on that. The fact is we are not improving the squad year on year and our rivals are.
    Lovren/Wijnaldum/Lallana out

Konate/Thiago/Jota in

Seems like an improvement. Nevermind the Jap and the Greek.

Quote Originally Posted by Taksin View Post
    That wasn't a black and white answer because I don't think he is the replacement for Wijnaldum and neither do you apparently..

The question relates to that comparison, not to whether Jones is going to play a role or not.
    That comparison was used to disparage our planning. So you haven't given me a black and white answer.

Wondering about Jones,Keita and Ox is more relevant than you comparing Grealish to Elliott.
    We were never once interested in Grealish so you talking about spending a 100m on him is irrelevant.
    Nobody is saying that's what we should have done. Simply replacing a very good and reliable midfielder with someone similar. Its quite simple really but you keep creating an argument where there isn't one.

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    That is my standpoint please don’t waste any more time asking me the same question. I won’t respond.
    Ok.. it was just a thought experiment..

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    I believe we need to bring in a creative midfielder who fits Klopp’s criteria
    This is the point. Grealish fits Guardiola's criteria. It appears Elliot fits Klopp's criteria

Ok.. it was just a thought experiment..

This is the point. Grealish fits Guardiola's criteria. It appears Elliot fits Klopp's criteria
    Elliott fits FSGs budget not Klopps criteria.

Quote Originally Posted by CCTV View Post
    Lovren/Wijnaldum/Lallana out

Konate/Thiago/Jota in

Seems like an improvement. Nevermind the Jap and the Greek.
    Depends - pretty marginal for me. Matip Milner and Hendo all gaining years cannot be discounted.

We also sold Ings and Sturridge left too.

I guess you could ask the question - does this Liverpool beat the Liverpool of 2019?

And this is a very succinct way of putting it.

If we are to spend 100 mill, are we allowed to spend it on a player other than Taliban Jack as he has signed for city and is just a hypothetical.
    Of Grealish, Lukakua and Sancho: I'd probably take Sancho.

Unlike Miller, I'd suggest our midfield addition should be more of a 6/cm than another attacking midfielder type.
    Essentially another Hendo/Fabinho option like Gini.

Add a top forward and the squad would be pretty complete. We can overcome scarcity as we did last season, but it's a riskier business.

Klopp likes to bring through youth players, the ultimate bargain bucket. Its part of his actual excellence as a coach, improving players.