Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: The Weekend’s Other Games

Quote Originally Posted by ianlfc View Post
    I thought Joel and Virgil handled the Burnley front 2 very well yesterday. Up against Lakaku I feel they will be happy enough, Because if they can handle Burnleys big lumps they can handle anyone !!
    I might be proven wrong but Lukaku seemed the same player that left 2 yrs ago. Feel Arsenal played his reputation rather than ability. He had some slow feet and bad touches at time even in the box. He played against a terrible naive team today. Time will tell.

He is as good as the United and Everton Lukaku. Nothing more.

Quote Originally Posted by LFC-DPG View Post
    Be a cracking game next week.
    If both teams are at their best, we win

Perhaps but over 38 games we will need huge luck on the injury front to finish ahead of that squad. Tuchel hasn’t been there even a year yet.

Souness made a point about both City and Chelsea maximising their advantage and not resting on laurels after big wins this season. Instead of paying 40/50 million on potential both spent the thick end of 100 to bring in the real deal.

City - win the league then go make a statement by signing Grealish.

Chelsea - win the Champions League then go make a statement by signing Lukaku.

At least that seems to be what Souness believes.

One thing is for certain - we won both trophies 2 and 3 seasons back - and we are still waiting for anything like a real deal addition.

Chelsea played some really good football today, ok it was only arsenal but it's not like we've played anyone decent yet either, Norwich are shocking and burnely are a bit less shocking and just thugs.

Looking forward to the match, i'd take a draw really, a win? well we're winning the league!

Theres a huge difference in come.We are coming off a pandemic apart from Chelsea and Man-city. and Psg in France no other club on earth can pay 100 million an 97 million for 2 players. Chelsea paid 50 million for Werner and he wont even get a look in now.. same with 57 million for Pulisic.. Of course we should sign players.. But not that amount of money
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    Souness made a point about both City and Chelsea maximising their advantage and not resting on laurels after big wins this season. Instead of paying 40/50 million on potential both spent the thick end of 100 to bring in the real deal.

At least that seems to be what Souness believes.

One thing is for certain - we won both trophies 2 and 3 seasons back - and we are still waiting for anything like a real deal addition.
    Depends what you mean by real deal we signed Thiago and Jota last summer both good players.

Souness isnt wrong but lets be right here City are funded by a country and dont have to balance any books ever.

Chelsea in fairness have sold players for decent sums this summer and they are good at that.

I like you am not against a few more players but we need to move a few first as im going to assume we wont buy British not with £100m tag placed on Rice head !

British players go for ridiculous amounts of money.. Look at Ben White. 50 million? Harry Maguire 80 million?
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post

Club with owners connected to kidnapping children to ride camels in races - buy the League with incredibly dirty money then go and make a statement by purchasing an over-priced, Queef-nuzzle who flips to the floor.

Club with owner connected to money laundering and criminality by Swiss police - win Big Ears because Senor Twice of the House of Fraud over-thought his tactics again then go and make a statement by buying a player that was already on their books years ago, but couldn't back due to impatience and their sheer allergy to attempting to bring through a Trent/Gomez/Elliott on account of their insta-capitalist Starbucks/Amazon style of business.

I just wanted to rephrase your matter-of-fact statements there for my own personal pleasure. Felt nice!
    Your hobbies are rollerblading and you're also a bit of a rat-hound? Steel Wool
    Sid knows he's crazy and he likes it. Balinkay

Club with squeaky clean good guy billionaire US owners who made their money in the nicest possible way. Being nice and gentle and not exploiting anyone ever. Honest.

I know this because I read it in the papers.

Never mind Sid - you seem a nice a guy but so utterly naive.