Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: The Weekend’s Other Games

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    Club with squeaky clean good guy billionaire US owners who made their money in the nicest possible way. Being nice and gentle and not exploiting anyone ever. Honest.

I know this because I read it in the papers.

Never mind Sid - you seem a nice a guy but so utterly naive.
    Never said that

I tend not to read the newspapers much - they generally all have ugly print.

I'm a reasonable enough chap probably :mrgreen: and my naivety probably helps to keep me "nice" as it were - I'm happy enough
    Your hobbies are rollerblading and you're also a bit of a rat-hound? Steel Wool
    Sid knows he's crazy and he likes it. Balinkay

Oh and Sid - they were actually the statements of Graham Souness.

Doh..

Oh and Sid - they were actually the statements of Graham Souness.

Doh..
    Good for him?

I guess you can rest assured after successfully obliterating the point he was making - at least on this forum.

Well done sir.

Do you have any tangible thoughts on the concept other than the evilness of their Arab/Russian (open season on them it seems) owners?

Hahahaha - Graeme can have all the opinions he wants, as can you. Best of luck to you both, in agreement and disagreement. I'll never have time for the Oil clubs, besides the occasional snide comment.

Nothing against Arabs or Russians, nor any race/nation. Some individuals within them and some regimes, certainly.

For example I'd never take issue with having a Chinese owner, just because they were Chinese. Whereas if we were owned by the Chinese Government, that would be a different story, due to human rights issues.

As for tangible thoughs, nope! 2 wins in 2 for the Reds, an excellent weekend after what's been a turbulent time in my personal life, so am revelling in the intoxication of a bit of inner peace for the day, thanks.

Well thanks for allowing us that Sid.

So nice of you.

One thing is for certain - we won both trophies 2 and 3 seasons back - and we are still waiting for anything like a real deal addition.
    That’s for certain is it…. Does that mean it’s been a whole season since City won the league and Chelsea made it to a champions league final? What have they been doing for a year? Slacking off as usual

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    Hahahaha - Graeme can have all the opinions he wants, as can you. Best of luck to you both, in agreement and disagreement. I'll never have time for the Oil clubs, besides the occasional snide comment.

Nothing against Arabs or Russians, nor any race/nation. Some individuals within them and some regimes, certainly.

For example I'd never take issue with having a Chinese owner, just because they were Chinese. Whereas if we were owned by the Chinese Government, that would be a different story, due to human rights issues.

As for tangible thoughs, nope! 2 wins in 2 for the Reds, an excellent weekend after what's been a turbulent time in my personal life, so am revelling in the intoxication of a bit of inner peace for the day, thanks.
    Well said!

Dimitri Payet was hit by a bottle and threw it back into the crowd before fans stormed the pitch causing Marseille versus Nice to be suspended.

Marseille's Payet was struck in the back by a bottle thrown from the home supporters as he went to take a corner.

The 34-year-old launched it back, leading to a group of fans pouring on to the pitch as stewards and Nice players struggled to restrain them.

With 74 minutes played, the home side led 1-0 through Kasper Dolberg's goal.

The chaos continued as the players tried to leave the pitch, with scuffles breaking out and Marseille coach Jorge Sampaoli having to be held back by his players
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Great to have the fans back…