Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Harvey Elliott

Quote Originally Posted by southernboy View Post
    Good news indeed. Thankfully we won't have to spend any money in January
    Won't have to spend any money is better than won't have any money to spend!

Actually hoping Keita is fit for the Arsenal game and back in, if he keeps playing as he has in the majority of his appearances so far this season, he's far FAR better and has been far FAR better in all aspects of that more attacking RCM role than anything Elliott has shown to date - More goals, better passing, better pressing and counter pressing
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    Actually hoping Keita is fit for the Arsenal game and back in, if he keeps playing as he has in the majority of his appearances so far this season, he's far FAR better and has been far FAR better in all aspects of that more attacking RCM role than anything Elliott has shown to date - More goals, better passing, better pressing and counter pressing
    I think in the last 16 matches that included him in the starting line-up (prior to Brighton) we had scored 51 goals, conceding 8 to opposition.

I'm always a little cautious with "when X plays" stats but it does make for good reading, particularly as 16 matches isn't a tiny sample size.

A friend said that in the last 8 matches where Robertson didn't feature we had 8 clean sheets (?!?!) but I'd need to go through some games/lineups/scores to verify that and honestly am just way too relaxed to do that right now.
    Your hobbies are rollerblading and you're also a bit of a rat-hound? Steel Wool
    Sid knows he's crazy and he likes it. Balinkay

Harvey is back doing ball work now.

Thought to be back in team training next month.

I had hoped he would be ready (as an option) by the time the last-16 of the Champion's League came around and that's now looking relatively likely if he has no set-backs.

It’s brilliant progress. Apparently the doctor and the medic on the pitch had his dislocated ankle back in place within 20 seconds saving a lot of ligament damage.

It’ll be great to have him back in January; it will be like a new signing, and save FSG a few quid
    I bet you can squeal like a pig!

It will be good for the lad to be back as an option, but as ever I refuse to wildly overrate players and their performances or use stats of games they played in to try and justify such an opinion of them when having watched the games they played in, they didn't make significant contributions to those stats in their own performance(s)

Harvey Elliott to date has yet to put in a single Premier League performance that is anywhere near the level or quality of the performances Conor Gallagher has been putting in, in sides in which he isn't supported by having 10 otherwise absolutely top class players around him I might add, for a season and a half, at West Brom last season and at Palace this season.

One successful season on loan at the mighty Blackburn Rovers in the Championship, not even helping them to promotion does not a top Premier League player make. He played early season, like a lot of our other mids outside of Hendo and Millie, who were mostly all well off the press until some work was seemingly put into correcting that, Elliott was miles of the press in every performance I watched, which was every game he has played, didn't create anything or do anything of note, kept the ball moving quickly is the best I could say

He is not an answer to our letting Gini go short term or long term, he, like Jones and Gomez or Neco needs a loan, at a Premier League club for at least a season, to train well enough at that club to be picked regularly and to be one of their best players consistently each game.

We need a CM who can play No6, No8 and controller in January, letting Gini go and not replacing him with a top class player who can play the same positions and role was as mind numbingly stupid as letting Lovren go without signing a better CB to replace him

Great that Elliott is recovering well and working hard to, but we need an awful lot better than him, would he get in Palace's side this season or West Brom's side last and be their best performer almost every game, not in a million fucking years, the lad has an awful lot more learning and developing to do and for me at least should be nowhere near a first team regular or considered a replacement for Gini

No offence to Elliott or Jones, but this FSG trying to do things on the cheap is getting absolutely fucking ridiculous and way out of hand
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    One is an fully experienced International captain. the other is an 18 year old kid.
    Something, Something, Something, Dark Side

I like the fact that the young lads get a chance. Certainly more rewarding then having 4 x £50m fullbacks in our squad.

They wont all make it and i'm not saying that all of our backups should be kids but if our 5/6/7th choice midfielders happen to be youngsters i'm ok with that.

If everyone is fit then -

Hendo
    Fab
    Thiago
    Keita
    Ox
    Milner
    Jones
    Elliot
    Morton

If the first 3 get injured then of course the youngsters will get more game time. But what sort of quality do you expect to have at 7/8/9th choice??
    Something, Something, Something, Dark Side

Quote Originally Posted by southernboy View Post
    It’s brilliant progress. Apparently the doctor and the medic on the pitch had his dislocated ankle back in place within 20 seconds saving a lot of ligament damage.

It’ll be great to have him back in January; it will be like a new signing, and save FSG a few quid
    It's amazing how quickly providing care can have such an impact. For me working in whitewater the old Sam splint turned out to be a leg saver after really going over on my lower leg/ankle. The wonders of isolating the area from movement.

It's great to see him back. Missed a fair few games at the start of the season when he played. Klopp seems to rate him really highly and here's hoping he and Morton breakthrough and become established over the near future.

Your hobbies are rollerblading and you're also a bit of a rat-hound? Steel Wool
    Sid knows he's crazy and he likes it. Balinkay