Page 1 of 13 1234567811 ... LastLast

Thread: Harvey Elliott

Harvey Elliott

Safe to say we can loan more players to Blackburn in future.

Seriously though, how good was that!
    Your hobbies are rollerblading and you're also a bit of a rat-hound? Steel Wool
    Sid knows he's crazy and he likes it. Balinkay

Still needs to mature into his full physical frame but absolute quality on the ball. Should have had an assist if only Mo could have stayed onside.

Won’t be like 19x and say “I told you so”…actually , fuck it, he’s brilliant and a joy to watch. Did him the world of good having a full match. A few mistakes here and there, very few, but overall, he was very good

Agreed Doc he had a very good league debut as in starting and against tough midfielders.

He will come up against much better players but they clearly went after him at the start 3 fouls in first ten minutes.

What I liked is he didnt hide like some would have.

Next week Chelsea at home ....does he start that one ???

Depends if Fabinho is back but we need two defensive players it might be Hendo Milner Elliott/Keita who knows.

Quote Originally Posted by LEGS View Post
    Next week Chelsea at home ....does he start that one ???

Depends if Fabinho is back but we need two defensive players it might be Hendo Milner Elliott/Keita who knows.
    I went for Hendo/Milner/Keita I think in the "your team against" thread but honestly the options we have, I am open to so many combinations.

Tell you what though - if Harvey does get picked, it will be such a shot in the arm for him.

Did really well. Achieved more in that game than Ox has in years.
    Hopefully it's just the start.

That 2nd half performance was outstanding for a kid so young. He was hungry for the ball and our star players weren't scared to pass to him.
    He's going to be a superstar.

I echo what everyone else has already said here.

Chuffed to bits for the lad, and I hope it only gets better from here on out.

The only thing that would have made a home debut better starting in front of the Kop would have been a goal, but those will come.
    It was great to see he already has the maturity to not try to force it and play within the system.

I'm glad we didn't loan him out again this season (him and Taki)

He's going to be a great great player for our club.
    'I got told there's an English phrase, 'You don't win trophies with kids'. I didn't know that' ... - Jurgen Klopp
    Stone-Cold Savage!

So excited about him. Not without flaws, but you expect that of someone so young.

Getting the full 90 minutes will give him such a confidence boost. He links well with Trent and Salah - does need to remember that there are other players to pass too, but it will all come together with time and patience.

You look at the quality of Chelsea's midfield and he was still finding gaps to receive the ball in - and not just in the second half when they were down to ten men.

Sky's the limit.

He's better than Jones