Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Harvey Elliott

Elliot starts again

Whilst underwhelmed by our/Klopps continued selection of Elliot, Elliotts performance and the teams till now.

My expectations for Elliot are now sky high.

Quote Originally Posted by scientificred View Post
    Still a youngster Boom, with still very limited first team opportunities. High press midfield is not his game at present if ever. The guy is still perhaps coming back from a serious injury. Needs a different tactical lineup to shine in my opinion.
    Age is important, still only 20, and he has had limited game time! Does that answer your questioning?
    how many players are 23 ish and been around for ages, yet done nothing?

so ben woodburn will come good? he’s still very young at 22.

what about ryan kent? did he come good?
    maybe harry wilson?
    rhian brewster maybe? only 22.

if you aint done anything of note 2 years into the first team, you can be 20 or 25, you aint gonna make it.

that’s the GENERAL rule.

owen had pace and goals at EIGHTHEEN.
    fowler was scoring for fun at EIGHTEEN.
    steven showed a taste of things to come with power at NINETEEN vs sheff wed.

name me one redeeming quality of elliott like the guys above. one thing he does that says he will be some player.

i’m happy to be proved wrong, but what i’ve seen so far…he’ll be out on loan end of season and playing for blackburn in 2 years time.

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    I get the humpy over people being mind numbingly stupid and ignorant, in anything, it's not restricted or limited to football, it was at it's very peak when I lived in manc, it's absolutely rife with thick cunts
    obviously their influence has rubbed off on you, judging by your droning posts

why are you so triggered by an opposing point of view? other posters here tell you to shut the fuck up yet you still carry on…. bizarre individual 😂
    Last edited by boom-klopp; 13th September 2022 at 07:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by boom-klopp View Post
    if he had a redeeming quality, i’d agree with you.

question i’ve asked for over a year now: what does he actually do??

age is not as important as time in the game. he’s been here 2 years, it’s getting close to the time where it’s gonna be “what has he actually done in this team?”

i’m very happy to be proven wrong.
    Yeah that's fair enough.

This link is a year old (and he still needs to add more to his game) but showcases a little of what he is about -

https://lchunhang.medium.com/player-analysis-harvey-elliott-golden-sky-a19ea45db1de

It's worth remembering that (ignoring Arthur) he "should" be about 6th-choice in our set-up if the following pecking order is applied -

Henderson
    Thiago
    Fabinho
    Milner
    Keita
    Elliott
    Jones
    Ox

Injuries and the loss of pace with Milner have temporarily shot him up the selection order a bit, so we are currently in a phase of judging him as a first-teamer, rather than a young lad who can contribute (like Jones) - indeed, if Ox wasn't made of those pink wafer biscuits, both Elliott and Jones would go down another spot each to 7th and 8th.

Worth remembering too that some players develop later than others. You rightly point out how much Gerrard, Owen and Fowler had at a young age - looking at a different club, who would have thought Lampard for example would have had the career he did at the age of 18? Don't think many did.

Harvey still has time, particularly compared to, let's say, Curtis Jones.

Quote Originally Posted by boom-klopp View Post
    obviously their influence has rubbed off on you, judging by your droning posts
    Maybe you are a Manc who can't even talk in joined up writing afterall, or one of the generations of illiterates that don't have the attention span to read and digest anything longer than a tweet There are lots of those here
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

What to do with Elliott?

Can't play him in midfield on the evidence of this season so far, it doesn't even work playing with Hendo and Thiago who are both excellent without the ball, Thiago's sloppiness v Arsenal something I consider a rare aberration

Certainly can't play Elliott and Fab in the same midfield on the evidence of this season either

His complete one footedness presents a huge issue wherever he plays

Maybe attacking left mid in games Jurgen gives Mo a rest in?

He's 19.... I think he has time

Unlike henderson
    #FSGOUT

we are liverpool football club, not fucking norwich.

Quote Originally Posted by Kev0909 View Post
    He's 19.... I think he has time

Unlike henderson
    He'll never reach Henderson's level as a top top class midfielder capable of leading his side to every single trophy there is, absolutely phenomenal player and captain wildly underrated by far too many, Elliott is another, like Fabinho, who pertinently isn't even a midfielder and never will be

Fabinho is a CB/RB and Elliott is a RFWD

He's definitely not a midfielder. He would be better playing as one of the wide forwards.

The one thing that irked me about Jurgen's 4-2-4 was playing the 'wingers' on the wrong side. Mo (or Elliott) should be on the left and Diaz on the right.

I think when he had that really good season as a youngster at Blackburn (was it Blackburn?) he played a kind of front right position, similar to Mo Salah. Maybe put him there for a few games and give Mo a 'rest'. Also Elliot plays a lot better when he is on at the same time as Carvalho.