Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 25678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Harvey Elliott

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    He'll never reach Henderson's level as a top top class midfielder capable of leading his side to every single trophy there is, absolutely phenomenal player and captain wildly underrated by far too many, Elliott is another, like Fabinho, who pertinently isn't even a midfielder and never will be

Fabinho is a CB/RB and Elliott is a RFWD
    Didn't do to bad when we won the league and champions league with fab out of position and useless then.... eh

Elliot I agree with.... think Klopp was playing him in midfield out of hope if anything..
    #FSGOUT

we are liverpool football club, not fucking norwich.

Think he’s a 10 meself

Quote Originally Posted by jozza800 View Post
    He's definitely not a midfielder. He would be better playing as one of the wide forwards.

The one thing that irked me about Jurgen's 4-2-4 was playing the 'wingers' on the wrong side. Mo (or Elliott) should be on the left and Diaz on the right.
    It's an interesting situation.

For me in this new shape, Salah and Nunez link up really well. Salah is able to pick out the runs, and Nunez makes them everytime Salahs on the ball.

But I do see the issue with respect to scoring a wengers/arsenal or peps/city type goal.
    Get to the by line and cut it back. I think Salah should be able to beat a man, get to the line and use his right-footed easily enough.

On the other side the chemistry hasn't gelled quite as quick. To my eye, Diaz plays a little too centrally and doesn't to hold his width as well, or look to release it as quick as Salah-Nunez.
    Needs to beat his man on the outside a bit more often, and perhaps release the ball a bit quicker to keep defenders honest. He's a little more predictable than Salah on the right.

In time I think we might see him and Jota working out a way of making the say cf/10 & leftmid roles between them.
    Bobby of course an option for either of the front 2 and great goals per min since last season.

I'd like to see Carvalho step in for Salah, and Elliot step in for Diaz as then we can get your wingers on the right side impact.

In Klopps 433 at times there was some real fluidity in our attack. If the lads can settle down, I think we could see a more fluid front 4. A pressing shield ahead of a solid back 4 and double pivot.

I think we can write this season off when it comes to challenging for the league.Hopefully we will go back to the 3 subs next season.. Get in a couple more midfielders and play more defensive for the first half of matches. Then in the second half just be more expansive when teams sit back for a draw. Thats where id bring on Elliot and play him really wide on the right and tell him to try and get around the back of the full back. Hes not a centre midfielder to me
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Well, he's steadily improving, he's started to use his right foot for something other than standing on, which is incredible progress, now he needs to practice passing with it and crossing with it when the opportunity to do so is there
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    Well, he's steadily improving, he's started to use his right foot for something other than standing on, which is incredible progress, now he needs to practice passing with it and crossing with it when the opportunity to do so is there
    Remember when mo used to use his right foot in that first season. Very seldom now. Low driven toe poke. Almost unsaleable from 10 to 15 yards

Was that his 4th goal this season?

Not the most natural fit in our side (not lightning for our wide right, we don't play with a 10) but definitely still more to come from him.

Clearly cares a lot. If he can get better at picking when to press (a touch "headless chicken" with enthusiasm at times) and learn to utilise his lower centre of gravity to hold opposition players off the ball (Suarez and King Kenny both had that "butt out" stance) he can definitely be of real use to us.

He started in a front 3 which is fine by me (i dont think he should be natural starter) but if he does its best to be in the forward line.Good goal and good work rate against Wolves.. Be interesting to see if he gets to play again ahead of salah. Thats unlikely but we'll see
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Oh but for that horrific injury he suffered against Leeds back in 2021.
    He was becoming quite the player after his loan spell at Blackburn Rovers...

Couldn't see the game, but what a hit. Only saw highlights but Wolves looked a little impassive in defense.