Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Harvey Elliott

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    It'll be great to have him back in the team.
    He's looking good.

It'll almost be like a new transfer signing in itself.
    'I got told there's an English phrase, 'You don't win trophies with kids'. I didn't know that' ... - Jurgen Klopp
    Stone-Cold Savage!

Quote Originally Posted by jozza800 View Post
    One is an fully experienced International captain. the other is an 18 year old kid.
    That was the point Taskin, I understand it is the fashion here to wildly over rate and lavish praise on any youngster seen as a product of our academy when we've mostly nicked them from someone else's a season or two before debut, but not for me, using him as a replacement for Gini in the midfield regig as we have, well, it's a fucking nonsense
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

The boy is an absolute delight. What a goal today.

Just hope he can keep growing from strength to strength.

I'd love Klopp to extend his contract (even if he had one year off for a breather, paid) to get the best out of the next crop of lads - would be excellent if we could get Carvalho in as well but I don't want to get too sidetracked here.

Just a joy to have Harvey as an option - his quality is obvious and it's little wonder he was getting starts in the early stages of the season.

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    The boy is an absolute delight. What a goal today.

Just hope he can keep growing from strength to strength.

I'd love Klopp to extend his contract (even if he had one year off for a breather, paid) to get the best out of the next crop of lads - would be excellent if we could get Carvalho in as well but I don't want to get too sidetracked here.

Just a joy to have Harvey as an option - his quality is obvious and it's little wonder he was getting starts in the early stages of the season.
    He has the ability to be an outstanding player. Great touch, vision and skill to say he’s only 18 years old.

Reminds me of when Rooney came onto the scene.

Delighted for him, too busy to catch any football today but a great return to play capped off with a goal - Boom 💥

So glad to see him back. Also means Curtis will play less. He's so much more dynamic a player.

Quote Originally Posted by toshin View Post
    So glad to see him back. Also means Curtis will play less. He's so much more dynamic a player.
    Its 2 fold for me, eases the pressure on Curtis who is also a brilliant talent and allows these youngsters to grow, push, support each other. Kloop 2.0 is a very decent team so far.
    Elliott has the x factor you just see it with him.

If he wants to play him on the right he'll need to get him coordinated with Salah.. they were tripping over each other earlier in the season. Perhaps he could play in the Firmino role

He pressed a lot better yesterday than he had in all his other appearances when he was miles of it, that was good to see, looked like he had maybe spent some time with the video analysis department and looked at improving that element of his game, which if he has is exactly what we need all our players to be doing

The 'working harder than ever every day to continue to improve and evolve to be the best players they can possibly be for the team and individually' element of our make up that was so integral to our winning the Champions League and Premier League seems to have deserted most of our players since they won those 2 trophies, too busy sucking their own dicks it would seem
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

What impresses me most about him is his mental attitude. He seems very happy to have the ball and always looks to be a catalyst for something to happen. He does it with maturity.
    He reminds me of a young Rooney or Gerrard. Much more than just skill.