Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: The Egyptian King

Quote Originally Posted by LEGS View Post
    I agree with most of what you've said and I think our club will show leadership their will be a maximum wage they want to go to.

I guess IF Salah wants £500k a week its easier to sell him and keep the squad happy rather than vice versa.

I guess some will say it lacks ambition I dont agree as I said there is more quality players in football that cant all fit into oil clubs squads.

Mbappe is good but think its done deal with Madrid and Haaland figures are scary when you add in his agent too we wont be dealing with him.
    I agree with this… nobody would ever want to lose a Mo. But there is a limit. I feel that Mo is very happy here but …how would any of us react if offered unworldly sums. Mo is also a great benefactor , perhaps a philanthropist . He may believe that he can take from “ us” ie FSG etc, and give to his causes….who knows what he thinks. If he did that I’d have no problem. I just don’t like ( in my opinion ) the total two faced actions of running down contracts whilst still trying to appeal to the fans….ala Owen (who blamed lack of contract negotiation on his agent who was a”on holiday “ …if I recall correctly ) and Mc Manaman who was just a greedy self serving knob, Two great players but spoilt my view of them, turned in to t*ats, They still are.
    I still laugh every time I forget to turn the volume down on BT to hear the excruciating tones of Mcmanaman trying to remember his elecution lessons, nauseatingly false…..

APOLOGIES….digressed a bit there!

Well a few close journos have denied Mo wants £500k a week.

I am fairly confident he will sign with us still.

I might be wrong but if he doesnt I expect him to replace Mbappe at PSG.

If that's the case FSG will cash in big time.

I would be absolutely amazed if he didn’t sign up. He is happy here, loves his team mates and is on top dosh. If his family are equally happy then not a problem. If they miss what money in itself can’t buy then ?? . Don’t think that’s the case though.

I agree with most of what you've said and I think our club will show leadership their will be a maximum wage they want to go to.

I guess IF Salah wants £500k a week its easier to sell him and keep the squad happy rather than vice versa.

I guess some will say it lacks ambition I dont agree as I said there is more quality players in football that cant all fit into oil clubs squads.

Mbappe is good but think its done deal with Madrid and Haaland figures are scary when you add in his agent too we wont be dealing with him.
    Ditto, agree with most of that too.

Problem is finding replacements won't be cheap and Salah is a hard player to replace.

Seen another post snuffing the 500kpw claims, no doubt his agent will push for the maximum. Doubt he'll sign up for less than 350kpw as in the market he's easily worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by sydenham red View Post
    I remember the rumour was Dean Saunders was the highest earner in the league with us in 1992 at around £7k a week ( got no facts to back that up though) but salaries have gone up by a factor of 3-4 on the ticket price hike since then and i remember paying £6-7 on the kop in 1993. So approx kop prices up by a factor of 6 in 30yrs,top salaries up by a factor of 20-30.
    The average wage increases over 20-25 years was around 900% iirc, n4c posted some links to that, in recent years the inflation at the top end of the market has increased again and by some distance.
    Largely not involving us, more about the traditional 3 richest club's in world football manu/real/barca dealing with psg/city/cfc

Quote Originally Posted by CCTV View Post
    Ditto, agree with most of that too.

Problem is finding replacements won't be cheap and Salah is a hard player to replace.

Seen another post snuffing the 500kpw claims, no doubt his agent will push for the maximum. Doubt he'll sign up for less than 350kpw as in the market he's easily worth it.
    Yeah he is hard to replace he is a wide forward who hits 25-30 a season not many can do that.

I think he will sign a deal around £300-350k a week.

Klopp kind of hinted players will sign and didnt seem concerned but then again he is all about the team.

I think there is some good talent out there who we should be adding to our squad next summer the likes of Bissouma Nkunku Isak.

Quote Originally Posted by CCTV View Post
    I've no issue with the global economy growing and more "fans" enjoying the game etc but it was my opinion that fans should have been representing their interests - match day ticket prices.

Roughly speaking I remember dicko saying a ticket cost £5 in 1992 and the subsequent inflation on ticket prices (unfairly) rose in line with the inflation in wages/fees/tv-money/commercial.
    Those revenue streams were booming unlike your average Joe's wage packet.
    Think it was smithy who talked about forking out £170 pound during a CL week to see 3 games.

Fans (imo) should have seen the changes in the game and the growing cash pool as an opportunity to demand significant reductions in ticket prices.
    Leave the corporate boxes as they are but reduce the cost of all other tickets.
    Before I moved to South Wales in the late 60s I used to stand on the Anfield Road end with my dad. We paid on the gate, does anyone have some idea what prices were back then?
    No tickets back then when we paid on the gate.

Quote Originally Posted by redebreck View Post
    Before I moved to South Wales in the late 60s I used to stand on the Anfield Road end with my dad. We paid on the gate, does anyone have some idea what prices were back then?
    No tickets back then when we paid on the gate.
    A bob and a shilling

No clue, a pound?

Yeah he is hard to replace he is a wide forward who hits 25-30 a season not many can do that.

I think he will sign a deal around £300-350k a week.

Klopp kind of hinted players will sign and didnt seem concerned but then again he is all about the team.

I think there is some good talent out there who we should be adding to our squad next summer the likes of Bissouma Nkunku Isak.
    Klopp has created a great environment, no murmurs or transfer speculation with our star men.

Not being the biggest spenders we will have to continue to find players from the bargain basement and talent bracket. Hopefully we'll get the big bucks out when needed again.

The next generation of this team looks pretty well set with a few areas where we have to see how things pan out. Few years to add as he sees fit

Ali/Kelleher
    Taa Gomez Konate Robbo/Tsimi
    Elliot Fab Keita Jones
    Jota