Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: The Egyptian King

Think it’s more than10 kev

I'd be open to him getting £250k-£300k per week to get those extra 2 seasons from him.

£500k per week though - that's a Hell of a lot of cash. You're talking 4 good players at £120k per week and still having £20k per week "change" for a young talent coming through. Not sure I'd be too happy with any of our players being on that level honestly.

Looking at the demands of Mbappe, Haaland and Ronnie, it seems to be the going rate for the elite few. That’s what all the cryptic messages of Salah’s Agent have been about.
    Selling him and using the proceeds to fund the salary of one of the others on a free, is the only chance we have of ever paying this sort of salary.

It’s also another reason why we’ve signed up all of our other major players before going down that route, with Salah or a new signing.

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    I'd be open to him getting £250k-£300k per week to get those extra 2 seasons from him.

£500k per week though - that's a Hell of a lot of cash. You're talking 4 good players at £120k per week and still having £20k per week "change" for a young talent coming through. Not sure I'd be too happy with any of our players being on that level honestly.
    He's already earning those types of wages. Getting him to extend beyond 2023 will require a significant pay rise imo.
    Could be a case of letting him go to PSG when/if Mbappe leaves, giving them
    Neymar Messi Salah for next season.

4 good players or a world class player.
    Our world class right back earns close to the 150kpw and he's still a kid and a boyhood fan.
    Of course we could have 2 world class rightbacks, but we need a world class goalscorer/attacker. Salary has met the benchmark in that regard.

I wouldn't blame the club if they let salah go, but top attackers/goalscorer will cost a lot in wages.

Quote Originally Posted by ianlfc View Post
    The Shaqiri money won't spend itself 😆😆
    Add on his wages and it could fund a reasonably decent footballers wage increase for Salah

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    Looking at the demands of Mbappe, Haaland and Ronnie, it seems to be the going rate for the elite few. That’s what all the cryptic messages of Salah’s Agent have been about.
    Selling him and using the proceeds to fund the salary of one of the others on a free, is the only chance we have of ever paying this sort of salary.
    Mbop or halaand would also have sell on value over the coming years too.
    In football terms Salah wouldn't be the aging attacker we'd want to sell but in wages terms he might just see himself become the most likely to leave and be replaced by one of those 2.

Used to say our front 3 could retire here due to their relatively low transfer fees. But wages and recycling the team might see him leave.

Quote Originally Posted by ianlfc View Post
    According to the Mirror he's looking £500 grand a week !! Get fucking in Mo, fill your boots.. you deserve it.
    According to the beeb/Marca Neymar has cost PSG close to half a billion in fees and wages since 2017.

Mo Salah, Mo Salah, running down to brinks.

Quote Originally Posted by CCTV View Post
    He's already earning those types of wages.
    Are you sure?

I was on the understanding that he was Liverpool's top earner at £200k per week (someone else may be up there now with the renegotiations of late) for the last while now - though with our performance-based deals he'll be getting more, what with the amount of appearances/goals.

So if that's true (a few sites seem to back that up) for him to jump from £200k per week to £500k per week seems mad, whether it's the "going rate" or not.

He isnt getting £500k a week here and the story is BS anyway.

He will more likely sign £300k a week deal when push comes to shove.

Only PSG would be able or willing to offer him that plus pay the fee of £100m plus.

One story with no name or source sounds like its made up to me.