Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: The Egyptian King

We’d be seriously fucked if he did leave.

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    Are you sure?

I was on the understanding that he was Liverpool's top earner at £200k per week (someone else may be up there now with the renegotiations of late) for the last while now - though with our performance-based deals he'll be getting more, what with the amount of appearances/goals.

So if that's true (a few sites seem to back that up) for him to jump from £200k per week to £500k per week seems mad, whether it's the "going rate" or not.
    200kpw plus heavily incentivised bonus metrics would put him in the 250-300kpw bracket in my mind.

Always fit, 20+ goals a season and the team has qualified for the CL and ko stages for consecutive seasons.

Quote Originally Posted by LEGS View Post
    He isnt getting £500k a week here and the story is BS anyway.

He will more likely sign £300k a week deal when push comes to shove.

Only PSG would be able or willing to offer him that plus pay the fee of £100m plus.

One story with no name or source sounds like its made up to me.
    Could well be made up, but it seems to be the going rate.

Credible speculation that Pogba will be on 500kpw if he signs a new contract.

Quote Originally Posted by LFC-DPG View Post
    We’d be seriously fucked if he did leave.
    His goalscoring each season would be missed sorely. But he'll have to leave someday.

Quote Originally Posted by CCTV View Post
    200kpw plus heavily incentivised bonus metrics would put him in the 250-300kpw bracket in my mind.

Always fit, 20+ goals a season and the team has qualified for the CL and ko stages for consecutive seasons.
    Gotcha - I thought you had meant his base rate and I was like "whaaat?!?!?" - he'll certainly be meeting a heap of conditions for his bonuses.

His goalscoring each season would be missed sorely. But he'll have to leave someday.
    Yep, let’s hope Klopp can pick out another ‘cheap’ gem to get us 25+ goals a season before he goes.

Could well be made up, but it seems to be the going rate.

Credible speculation that Pogba will be on 500kpw if he signs a new contract.
    Going rate for a handful of clubs only though.

He could get it at PSG when Mbappe leaves that is his choice.

End of the day we wont give him double what Van Djik is on it will cause issues in the dressing room.

Let United do what they like with wages hardly getting value from the top earners lately.

To be honest it is disgusting amount to be paying players when most fans are working class.

Where’s the who hates Mo thread if this is proven to be true. It’s madness. No one is worth that much. FIFA and UEFA have to start putting a cap on wages and transfer fees. Either that, or ESL here we come

Quote Originally Posted by TheDOC1979 View Post
    Where’s the who hates Mo thread if this is proven to be true. It’s madness. No one is worth that much. FIFA and UEFA have to start putting a cap on wages and transfer fees. Either that, or ESL here we come
    If we signed Haaland or Mbappe next summer how much would their wages be ?
    Sadly those sort of wages are what the top end players are asking. And Mo is definitely up there, he's a big game player.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDOC1979 View Post
    I think there's a cap on wages coming in to replace the (sadly) failed FFP - though my worry is they won't address fees, so the Sheikhs will just be able to bid infinite cheddar on whoever they want.

Hope they find a balanced way to do things. FFP is a great concept, but the implementation and willingness to ignore corruption didn't help.